PDA

View Full Version : roll call: how many people here were critical of....

TUSK
11-16-2014, 09:11 PM
Bammer gettin a rematch with LSU in 2011?

let's be honest.

I seen it dawg
11-16-2014, 09:19 PM
It was a whole different system then. Can't be compared.

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 09:19 PM
Bammer gettin a rematch with LSU in 2011?

let's be honest.

I was happy to see an all SEC natty.

t45fixer
11-16-2014, 09:22 PM
Thought they were the two best teams in the nation. I also think we will get our shot at FSU and Alabama will get a shot at Oregon and hopefully we getto the title game. Rematch part 2 remains to be seen.

TUSK
11-16-2014, 09:23 PM
It was a whole different system then. Can't be compared.

ok, let's say you are the BCS... who do you have in the NC?

assume everyone has a loss to make it comparable.

I seen it dawg
11-16-2014, 09:26 PM
ok, let's say you are the BCS... who do you have in the NC?

assume everyone has a loss to make it comparable.

Alabama and Us. And it's probably not close just like in 2011. Which had the 2 best teams playing. Just happened to be a rematch. I doubt anyone here gave much of a shit who was playing in the title game. You need to worry about the 2 games after your bye next week. You lose one of those and you can pack your shit to some other bowl than an important one. You haven't won shit yet. You just survived one more week.

TUSK
11-16-2014, 09:29 PM
Alabama and Us. And it's probably not close just like in 2011. Which had the 2 best teams playing. Just happened to be a rematch. I doubt anyone here gave much of a shit who was playing in the title game. You need to worry about the 2 games after your bye next week. You lose one of those and you can pack your shit to some other bowl than an important one. You haven't won shit yet. You just survived one more week.

you're an edgy cat, aintcha?

why such the hardon for bammer? (not that there aren't a bajillion reasons).

Coach34
11-16-2014, 09:31 PM
I was very outspoken about it and still am. But we have a Final Four now- not a final 2 like the BCS. Had we had a FF then, I would have had no problems with Bammer being in the top 4.

Also, in 2011 you had a Bammer team that lost AT HOME- and didnt even make the SEC title game- ending up in the Final 2- that was bullshit. Loss at home and 2nd in the West shouldnt trump 11-1 Big 12 champ

This year- an 11-1 State team deserves to be rated 4th- with their only loss on the road to the #2 team. Certainly if it were only 2- we wouldnt deserve a title shot. Final Four? Absolutely we would

Jack Lambert
11-16-2014, 09:37 PM

They could end up putting both in Sugar Bowl. If that's the case we beat Bama the second time around.

TUSK
11-16-2014, 09:40 PM
I was very outspoken about it and still am. But we have a Final Four now- not a final 2 like the BCS. Had we had a FF then, I would have had no problems with Bammer being in the top 4.

Also, in 2011 you had a Bammer team that lost AT HOME- and didnt even make the SEC title game- ending up in the Final 2- that was bullshit. Loss at home and 2nd in the West shouldnt trump 11-1 Big 12 champ

This year- an 11-1 State team deserves to be rated 4th- with their only loss on the road to the #2 team. Certainly if it were only 2- we wouldnt deserve a title shot. Final Four? Absolutely we would

that's actually reasonable and well stated Coach.... you do agree, however, that the BCS was designed to get "the best two teams" in the NC, right?

TUSK
11-16-2014, 09:41 PM
They could end up putting both in Sugar Bowl. If that's the case we beat Bama the second time around.

that would be freaking AWESOME!

I'd be happy to provide directions for you guys*

Coach34
11-16-2014, 09:47 PM
that's actually reasonable and well stated Coach.... you do agree, however, that the BCS was designed to get "the best two teams" in the NC, right?

ok- what made Bama at 11-1 better than Ok State at 11-1?

preachermatt83
11-16-2014, 09:55 PM
I was all for it.. Tusk is getting to chatty.. Off with him

TUSK
11-16-2014, 09:58 PM

1) better SOS & quality of wins
2) quality of loss
3) more talent
4) better coaching
5) more potential revenue for "powers that be"

to agree with your point, though, I believe Okie State would have played Bammer closer than 21-0 and had more than 90 something yards of offense.

cheewgumm
11-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Oklahoma state lost to Iowa State that year. BAMA was Clearly better.

Quaoarsking
11-16-2014, 10:01 PM

What makes us better at 11-1 than TCU or Baylor at 11-1?

gravedigger
11-16-2014, 10:03 PM
Not me. Two best teams.

gravedigger
11-16-2014, 10:04 PM
Both the 11 and the 1

gravedigger
11-16-2014, 10:08 PM
Surely you are kidding

woozman
11-16-2014, 10:13 PM
Those were the two best teams. Nothing to be critical about.

engie
11-16-2014, 10:16 PM

Same thing that made Bama better than OK State in 2011 IMO...

I was all for the rematch and expected it from pretty early in the season when it was clear to me that they were actually the two best teams. But I was less sure of the possibility than I would have been had LSU been the team to lose the first one on the road(with Ws over West Va and Oregon padding their resume)...

Let's be real -- LSU would have thumped OK State too. A 41-38 neutral site win over a Stanford team that lost to the same Oregon team by 23 that LSU thumped. Yes, that's several degrees of the transitive property -- but it's really just illustrating a point that everyone that actually watched football that year already knew to be true..

sleepy dawg
11-16-2014, 10:21 PM
I was not at all critical. The BCS got it right that year just like every year. Now, just like then, it should be the best teams, period.

MSUDawg4Life
11-16-2014, 10:28 PM
I actually wanted it primarily because it pissed the SEC haters off. And I thought Bama and LSU were the two best teams ....

engie
11-16-2014, 10:54 PM
If Tusk digs pretty deep, he'll probably find that LSU fans were the only ones in SEC country adamant against the rematch...

We'll find out in Oxford and through a series of other games around the country whether or not we are worthy of getting another shot at it. I firmly suspect that we are -- and I saw nothing on the field in Tuscaloosa to convince me otherwise.

If I was Alabama, I probably wouldn't want the possibility of the 2011 script being flipped on me at this point either... Still alot has to happen before it's feasible -- not the least of which is us having to win in Oxford.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 10:59 PM
If Tusk digs pretty deep, he'll probably find that LSU fans were the only ones in SEC country adamant against the rematch...

We'll find out in Oxford and through a series of other games around the country whether or not we are worthy of getting another shot at it. I firmly suspect that we are -- and I saw nothing on the field in Tuscaloosa to convince me otherwise.

This

I've been reading through some speculative articles today, and it's always fun to read the comments. Especially when you see a person that claims to be an "SEC" fan saying that MSU doesn't deserve to still be in the top 4. IMO, those people are one of two people: 1. Someone claiming to be an SEC fan in order to gain credibility, but they are actually a fan from another conference or 2. A Bama fan that dreads a rematch.

I suspect many Bama fans are not wanting 2 SEC teams in the playoff, because they don't want a rematch with MSU.

If we would've lost at home, like Bama did in 2011, then I don't think we would deserve a rematch. However, losing on the road by 5 points, is hardly convincing. In the NFL, teams in the same division play a home and home each year for this very reason.

Schedule inequity shouldn't cost MSU a shot if they win out. It simply wouldn't be right.

I seen it dawg
11-16-2014, 11:05 PM
you're an edgy cat, aintcha?

why such the hardon for bammer? (not that there aren't a bajillion reasons).

I don't have a hardon for Bama. Don't get flattered. Nothing I said was out of any dislike for Bama. Everything I said was fact. You've got 1 then a second game to win or your ass will be watching 4 other teams play for a title. And I reiterate..you ain't win shit yet.

TUSK
11-16-2014, 11:25 PM
I don't have a hardon for Bama. Don't get flattered. Nothing I said was out of any dislike for Bama. Everything I said was fact. You've got 1 then a second game to win or your ass will be watching 4 other teams play for a title. And I reiterate..you ain't win shit yet.

it wasn't the content; it was the delivery... much like this most recent reply...

but maybe that's just your bag. If so, I can dig it.

to show I'm not upset, I made you dessert.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?24999-Crow
http://www.iwebstreet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/1240605367-eating-crow.jpg

SDDawg
11-17-2014, 12:04 AM
I loved it.

sbcmortgageman
11-17-2014, 05:43 AM
Out of the 37 Bama boards y'all got you come and troll ours?

I seen it dawg
11-17-2014, 07:22 AM
it wasn't the content; it was the delivery... much like this most recent reply...

but maybe that's just your bag. If so, I can dig it.

to show I'm not upset, I made you dessert.

http://www.elitedawgs.com/showthread.php?24999-Crow
http://www.iwebstreet.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/1240605367-eating-crow.jpg

Touch

Coach34
11-17-2014, 07:51 AM

We play in the SEC- our entire side of the conference is going to be bowl eligible

EnterpriseDawg
11-17-2014, 07:59 AM
Wasn't Saban quoted as saying he didn't believe a team should play for a NC if they couldn't win their conference? Funny how he changed his tune a year or two later. So even if I had a problem (which I didn't) I should be able to change my mind.

Coach34
11-17-2014, 08:02 AM
1) better SOS & quality of wins
2) quality of loss
3) more talent
4) better coaching
5) more potential revenue for "powers that be"

to agree with your point, though, I believe Okie State would have played Bammer closer than 21-0 and had more than 90 something yards of offense.

Ok State had wins over #8, #13, #17, and #22...
Bammer beat #12, #14, and #23

So your 1st point is wrong

#2- while Bammer did indeed lose to a better team- they also lost at home- while Ok State lost to a bowl team on the road. Those cancel each other out. So now you are 0-2.

#3- Bama always has the most talent

#4- wrong on the best coaching. It's alot harder to coach 20th to 30th best talent to an 11-1 season than it is to coach the best talent in the country to an 11-1 season.

You gonna have to do better my man....Bama getting a rematch was complete and total BS

BulldogBear
11-17-2014, 08:14 AM
I was somewhat critical but it was a different system. At least I can say this. If we do get one and when we beat them the second time, they have no room to whine or complain.

Quaoarsking
11-17-2014, 08:23 AM
We play in the SEC- our entire side of the conference is going to be bowl eligible

I agree obviously. But it's hard to argue that 14 MSU > 14 Baylor/TCU and at the same time 11 Ok State > 11 Alabama.

The SEC was far ahead of the Big 12 in both years.

BulldogBear
11-17-2014, 08:27 AM
It's also possible for everyone but Vandy to end up bowl eligible. At least TWELVE will be if Ole Miss loses to Arky.

EnterpriseDawg
11-17-2014, 08:39 AM
Don't we need OM to win this weekend so that they are a better win in the Egg Bowl? Gonna need all the help we can get against all the SEC haters.

engie
11-17-2014, 10:19 AM
Don't we need OM to win this weekend so that they are a better win in the Egg Bowl? Gonna need all the help we can get against all the SEC haters.

We do.

None of our other wins look nearly as good today as they did at the time.

dawgpound
11-17-2014, 10:43 AM
I was all for the rematch but it did result in the worst television ratings for a BCS championship game ever

ShotgunDawg
11-17-2014, 10:50 AM
We do.

None of our other wins look nearly as good today as they did at the time.

Agree, but A&M and LSU will play, and the winner likely jumps back into top 25. The Iron Bowl will also help our resume, no matter who wins.

It would benefit us for Ole Miss to beat Arkansas, but Ole Miss will likely be ranked regardless if they win or lose. Arkansas may even be ranked if they win. They got 2 votes this week.

TUSK
11-17-2014, 01:24 PM
Ok State had wins over #8, #13, #17, and #22...
Bammer beat #12, #14, and #23

So your 1st point is wrong

#2- while Bammer did indeed lose to a better team- they also lost at home- while Ok State lost to a bowl team on the road. Those cancel each other out. So now you are 0-2.

#3- Bama always has the most talent

#4- wrong on the best coaching. It's alot harder to coach 20th to 30th best talent to an 11-1 season than it is to coach the best talent in the country to an 11-1 season.

You gonna have to do better my man....Bama getting a rematch was complete and total BS

Coach, you were right on #1... I dropped the ball there... Bama's average opponent ranking was 53, while Okie St.'s was 47... very comparable but Bama's SOS wasn't better. 0-1.

#2 - Losing to the 2nd best team in the country, at home, is a better loss than losing to team that finished with a losing record... period... Hell, there should be a rule that if you lose to a team with a losing record, you're DQ'd from NC contention. 1-1.

#3 - we agree. 2-1.

#4 - please tell me you don't think Gundy is a better overall HC than Saban... really? heck, Gundy doesn't even have freakin lasers that come from his eyes! 3-1.

that being said, it was my understanding that the BCS was designed to get the "2 best teams" in the BCSNCG; if so, they got it right... however, if there is another criteria, you might have a valid argument.