PDA

View Full Version : A little perspective might help

Coach 57
11-16-2014, 08:09 PM
I watched the game pretty intently and one if the things i noticed was Dak was REALLY tight early. And as tight as he was, the offensive play calling was TIGHTER. But guys, we turned the ball over 3 times (once in scoring position), had absolutely 2 horrible punts and played most of the game with horrible field position and we lost by 5 points to one of the greatest dynasty teams in the history of CFB at the house that Bear built and you at we played bad?

Honestly when we were down 19-0 visions of 2012 started ringing in my head. But then we came back after halftime made adjustments (primarily better play calling) and SHOULD HAVE WON. I think teams of the past would've been blown OUT. Bama doesn't relent, but we didn't care.

JDog13
11-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Yep. I'm proud of the way we played in the second half. Maybe it was a learning moment for Mullen. Maybe now he'll quit being so conservative and call like he did at Florida.

MSUDawg4Life
11-16-2014, 08:38 PM
Right.

If Dak connects with a wide open Malcolm Johnson in the end zone and throws those two red zone interceptions out of bounds, we win the the game. I'm convinced Sobiesk would have made at least one of the two field goals.

Think about it. If everything else in the game stays exactly the same, we were two or three plays from winning.

HoopsDawg
11-16-2014, 08:42 PM
I watched the game pretty intently and one if the things i noticed was Dak was REALLY tight early. And as tight as he was, the offensive play calling was TIGHTER. But guys, we turned the ball over 3 times (once in scoring position), had absolutely 2 horrible punts and played most of the game with horrible field position and we lost by 5 points to one of the greatest dynasty teams in the history of CFB at the house that Bear built and you at we played bad?

Honestly when we were down 19-0 visions of 2012 started ringing in my head. But then we came back after halftime made adjustments (primarily better play calling) and SHOULD HAVE WON. I think teams of the past would've been blown OUT. Bama doesn't relent, but we didn't care.

No offence, but you didn't really bring any perspective. That's pretty much what people have been saying all day.

Pollodawg
11-16-2014, 08:47 PM
We played like crap but never quit and had opportunities to win that one. It's over. Let's move on to Vandy and then end this season the right way by showing OM where they fall in the scheme of things now.

msstate7
11-16-2014, 08:50 PM
No offence, but you didn't really bring any perspective. That's pretty much what people have been saying all day.

Are you British? Just wondering bc of your use of "offence" instead of "offense"

hells bells
11-16-2014, 08:55 PM
Always read and respect your post. You are spot on in regards to Dak and being tight early. State got better as the game progressed and yes at 19 down I had flash backs. Hell of a job by the coaching staff for halftime adjustments and the team for playing hard. Although a loss that hurts, it will make them a better team.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 09:01 PM
It's just disappointing more than anything since it was our biggest game and we didn't play well. You only get so many opportunities in life, and we simply wasted this one.

That being said, that last TD that we scored could end up being the biggest TD in school history and we just don't know it yet. Making that game a 5 point loss rather than a 12 point loss, could absolutely put us in the playoffs.

We still have so much to play for, and, hopefully, our team learned a few things from this game and are better for it.

thunderclap
11-16-2014, 09:12 PM
"That being said, that last TD that we scored could end up being the biggest TD in school history and we just don't know it yet. Making that game a 5 point loss rather than a 12 point loss, could absolutely put us in the playoffs."

That's what I'm thinking. Beat OM, get in, win the whole damn thing.

TUSK
11-16-2014, 09:15 PM
It's just disappointing more than anything since it was our biggest game and we didn't play well. You only get so many opportunities in life, and we simply wasted this one.

That being said, that last TD that we scored could end up being the biggest TD in school history and we just don't know it yet. Making that game a 5 point loss rather than a 12 point loss, could absolutely put us in the playoffs.

We still have so much to play for, and, hopefully, our team learned a few things from this game and are better for it.

dead. nuts. on.

never has a "meaningless" touchdown been so meaningful.

HoopsDawg
11-16-2014, 09:18 PM
Are you British? Just wondering bc of your use of "offence" instead of "offense"

No, I'm not British.

I seen it dawg
11-16-2014, 09:23 PM
No, I'm not British.

Is that an emphatic no?