PDA

View Full Version : Pat Forde (yeah, I'm shocked too) calls for State-Bammer re-match in the playoff

Coach34
11-16-2014, 08:06 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-s-fab-four--mississippi-state-still-in-picture-despite-loss-to--bama-234309838-ncaaf.html

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 08:50 PM
Oh, I hope so. That could piss Bammers off.

The committee could have a tough problem due the higher rated team getting to play closer to home.

If the final rankings are: FSU, Bama, Oregon, & MSU - Then FSU will play MSU in the Sugar Bowl, and Bama would be playing Oregon in the Rose Bowl. The means that the two lower seeded teams would have the home field advantage over the two higher rated teams. Would be interesting.

codeDawg
11-16-2014, 09:08 PM
Oh, I hope so. That could piss Bammers off.

The committee could have a tough problem due the higher rated team getting to play closer to home.

If the final rankings are: FSU, Bama, Oregon, & MSU - Then FSU will play MSU in the Sugar Bowl, and Bama would be playing Oregon in the Rose Bowl. The means that the two lower seeded teams would have the home field advantage over the two higher rated teams. Would be interesting.

I don't think it is crazy to drop Oregon to 4 and move us to 3 if we beat UM in the Egg Bowl and leave FSU at 1 being undefeated. Bama / MSU in the Rose Bowl would be pretty cool. Don't like the matchup, but I've mentioned I really want to go to the Rose Bowl personally.