PDA

View Full Version : I know we all want to win the west and

dawgoneyall
11-16-2014, 06:56 PM
go to Atlanta. We actually might be better off with the loss if we win out and bama wins out and goes to Atlanta.

We win out and we are in the playoffs....period..... if bama goes to Atlanta.

If we win out and bama loses to Auburn we have to beat Missou or Georgia. We lose in the SEC Championship game and we are out.

If we finish fourth in the ranking we would play FSU. I had rather play FSU than bama in the semi's.

Disagree???

Todd4State
11-16-2014, 07:05 PM
I wouldn't care when we played Bama to be honest with you.

GreenheadDawg
11-16-2014, 07:06 PM
Absolutely. I would much rather play FSU than Bama again

CadaverDawg
11-16-2014, 07:11 PM
go to Atlanta. We actually might be better off with the loss if we win out and bama wins out and goes to Atlanta.

We win out and we are in the playoffs....period..... if bama goes to Atlanta.

If we win out and bama loses to Auburn we have to beat Missou or Georgia. We lose in the SEC Championship game and we are out.

If we finish fourth in the ranking we would play FSU. I had rather play FSU than bama in the semi's.

Disagree???

If the bolded line above was actually true, you may be right. But that is nowhere close to being a fact.

The committee will take conference champions into their decision. Does that mean we can't make it without going to ATL? No. But it also means we can't be assured that we make it without going.

SDDawg
11-16-2014, 07:15 PM
I think we have a decent chance but not great to go to the playoff if we win out but don't win the SEC. We win the SEC, we are in no matter what. I'd rather go that way, gives us a better chance to control our destiny (which unfortunately we gave up yesterday to a large degree). Still super proud of the Dawgs this year but we need a little help at this point to make this year as special as it could be. As tough as we are on this team, they're a damn good team and I don't think we've seen the best that they're capable of yet.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 07:25 PM
I think if we win out we are in. We would be Co- SEC West champions. Wild Card teams win the Super Bowl and World Series all the time. Not sure why college football wouldn't be different. Especially with schedule inequities. Of all the teams being considered for the playoff, we had the toughest tests. Sure someone's schedule may technically be rated higher, but that's across all 12 games. No single team in this playoff had to play at both LSU and Alabama on the road. That's a schedule inequity where losing one game Knocks you out.

I don't want to hear about "strength of schedule". You could have a good Stength of schedule by playing an average team every week that you'll beat 75 out of 100 time.

No single team had a schedule in which they were more likely to lose 1 game than MSU. Take that to the bank

dawgoneyall
11-16-2014, 07:57 PM
we win out we are in.