PDA

View Full Version : We didn't play very well at times and an argument can be made

AlSwearengen
11-16-2014, 06:18 PM
that we could have had a better game plan (maybe, maybe not), but I guarantee one damn thing. I am proud as hell to be a fan of this team and coaches.

We have a bunch of guys that bust their asses every day and are proud to be at MSU and aren't afraid to say it. They go out of their way to attempt to bring the fans into the fold and I appreciate that.

We don't hear about them being sued for beating people up. We don't see them on youtube videos making asses of themselves at the beach. Our coaches don't blame the players when things go bad (i'm looking at croom as well as bucky).

After a shitty day, I can say that we are damn fortunate to be where we are and have who we have in the football program. Now, lets hope that the football gods favor us and we get a well deserved second chance.

Coach34
11-16-2014, 06:30 PM
I'm very happy and proud of where our program is. We need to get over yesterday and learn from it- especially with a trip to Oxford in just 13 days.

We have a chance to clinch a tie for the West (no banner please Admin if we dont go to Atl- that's for people like Ole Missus to do) and finish 11-1 to stay ranked in the top 5. That's a helluva year regardless what happens after.

10-2 with losses to Bammer and Ole Missus to finish the year will be a really good season with a disappointing finish- and will leave many of us frustrated all off season.

GTHOM
11-16-2014, 06:40 PM
I'm very happy and proud of where our program is. We need to get over yesterday and learn from it- especially with a trip to Oxford in just 13 days.

We have a chance to clinch a tie for the West (no banner please Admin if we dont go to Atl- that's for people like Ole Missus to do) and finish 11-1 to stay ranked in the top 5. That's a helluva year regardless what happens after.

10-2 with losses to Bammer and Ole Missus to finish the year will be a really good season with a disappointing finish- and will leave many of us frustrated all off season.

Coach i know its early but is it just me or do we match up very well with ole miss

MabenMaroon
11-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Would you be against a Final Four Banner in football?

Coach34
11-16-2014, 07:24 PM
I think we match up very well with Ole Missus- if we will RTGDF

And yes, a Final Four banner would definitely be something to be proud of. Losing the tiebreaker to not win the SEC West? No thanks

MabenMaroon
11-16-2014, 08:24 PM
Gotcha! I would be proud to see one hanging as well.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 08:56 PM
I think we match up very well with Ole Missus- if we will RTGDF

And yes, a Final Four banner would definitely be something to be proud of. Losing the tiebreaker to not win the SEC West? No thanks

I disagree. I agree that it's disingenuous, but if other teams are doing it, we would be stupid to not do it as well. After all, 5 years from now, recruits will have no recollection of who won the SEC West in 2014. All they will see is a banner or no banner. It helps the program in the long run to put up a banner. Perception matters, and this is what MSU is poor at.

It's the same reason Auburn recently claimed more national championships. It's good for recruiting.

maroonmania
11-16-2014, 09:10 PM
that we could have had a better game plan (maybe, maybe not), but I guarantee one damn thing. I am proud as hell to be a fan of this team and coaches.

We have a bunch of guys that bust their asses every day and are proud to be at MSU and aren't afraid to say it. They go out of their way to attempt to bring the fans into the fold and I appreciate that.

We don't hear about them being sued for beating people up. We don't see them on youtube videos making asses of themselves at the beach. Our coaches don't blame the players when things go bad (i'm looking at croom as well as bucky).

After a shitty day, I can say that we are damn fortunate to be where we are and have who we have in the football program. Now, lets hope that the football gods favor us and we get a well deserved second chance.

Agree with your sentiments. Yesterday was tough on all of us, and was toughest of all on our coaches and players who, as you stated, have busted their asses to even get the opportunity that yesterday presented. I certainly hope we finish this season out strong with 2 more regular season wins but whatever happens this team has already provided me a tremendous thrill being able to follow them during this exciting season as I've shared in their accomplishments as an MSU alumnus and fan.

Percho
11-16-2014, 10:00 PM
Agree with your sentiments. Yesterday was tough on all of us, and was toughest of all on our coaches and players who, as you stated, have busted their asses to even get the opportunity that yesterday presented. I certainly hope we finish this season out strong with 2 more regular season wins but whatever happens this team has already provided me a tremendous thrill being able to follow them during this exciting season as I've shared in their accomplishments as an MSU alumnus and fan.

"Second, second," The Best of Times

Sienfield
11-17-2014, 08:16 AM
I disagree. I agree that it's disingenuous, but if other teams are doing it, we would be stupid to not do it as well. After all, 5 years from now, recruits will have no recollection of who won the SEC West in 2014. All they will see is a banner or no banner. It helps the program in the long run to put up a banner. Perception matters, and this is what MSU is poor at.

It's the same reason Auburn recently claimed more national championships. It's good for recruiting.

I agree with this. It would be good for recruiting.