PDA

View Full Version : The only thing that did not line up perfectly for us this season..

AlmostPositive
11-16-2014, 05:28 PM
... is having to play Alabama away from home.

Everything else

-- playing a young LSU team early
-- getting Auburn at home and rattling them early
-- playing a steadily improving Arkansas team at home and earlier than usual
-- strategic bye weeks
-- minimal injuries to skill position players

has fallen in our favor. It remains to be seen if an away Egg Bowl will be a problem. If it isn't, we WILL be in the playoff.

msstate7
11-16-2014, 05:30 PM
If we can somehow get in the playoff, the bama loss could be an experience that helps us

TUSK
11-16-2014, 05:34 PM
If we can somehow get in the playoff, the bama loss could be an experience that helps us

MS7... would you turn down a top #4 ranking/playoff bid at 11-1 to go to the SECCG?

msstate7
11-16-2014, 05:36 PM
MS7... would you turn down a top #4 ranking/playoff bid at 11-1 to go to the SECCG?

Yes bc an sec championship takes it out of the committee's hands. If we lost in the sec championship, we probably wouldn't have won national championship anyway

dawgs
11-16-2014, 05:40 PM

I'd take a 4 seed in the playoff. It would be awesome to go 15-0 and win everything, but now that we lost, I'd prefer we get into the playoff. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to win the sec if we win out and auburn beats y'all, but it's not gonna bother me if we sit home eating cheeseburgers that week and then play a #1 f$u in a semi-final.

TUSK
11-16-2014, 05:42 PM
Yes bc an sec championship takes it out of the committee's hands. If we lost in the sec championship, we probably wouldn't have won national championship anyway

lemme rephrase...

trade a #4 ranking and guaranteed spot in the playoffs for a chance to win the SECCG?

msstate7
11-16-2014, 05:43 PM
I'd take a 4 seed in the playoff. It would be awesome to go 15-0 and win everything, but now that we lost, I'd prefer we get into the playoff. Doesn't mean I wouldn't love to win the sec if we win out and auburn beats y'all, but it's not gonna bother me if we sit home eating cheeseburgers that week and then play a #1 f$u in a semi-final.

I took the question as would I take being #4 before the sec championship. If he meant post sec championship at #4, then certainly sign me up for the playoffs

msstate7
11-16-2014, 05:43 PM
lemme rephrase...

trade a #4 ranking and guaranteed spot in the playoffs for a chance to win the SECCG?

Guaranteed spot

Smitty
11-16-2014, 05:45 PM
Playoff > SECCG

If I were guaranteed a playoff spot at 11-1, where a loss in the SECCG meant NO playoff, I want no part of the SECCG.

AlmostPositive
11-16-2014, 05:45 PM
How about a near certain playoff berth at 11- 1 vs a chance to get left out with a loss in Atlanta?

In other words, say it's 95% that we're a top four team if we and AL win out, but only a 50% likely winner against Georgia if Alabama loses and hands us the West.

I'd say making the 1st ever college playoff is equal to an SEC Championship. One playoff win would trump anything SEC.