PDA

View Full Version : Bryant Denny experience..not so much the game

gravedigger
11-16-2014, 04:41 PM
First, the game result was disappointing, but fact is, we played poorly against a very tough team and had many chances to change the outcome. We lost, they won and it wasn't due to poor officiating. We tried to ram the ball down the throat of a team that was prepared for that. JRob getting more carries wouldn't have changed a thing. Sorry Coach. We failed to loosen up their front seven with accurate passing over the middle and wide throws. We dropped a number of passes. It happens. We can win out and make the final four.

Onto the game experience. Folks, if you have ever been pissed sitting in traffic either waiting to get into a game or out of one, you need to have been in my truck with me and Tusk. We never so much as stopped for a stop sign on the way in or out of that game. That is right. NOT ONE TIME. We parked in a lot that was the same distance from Bryant Denny as the middle of our drill field is from Scott Field. Bama has what I would consider to be the best gameday vehicular and human traffic flow possible. Somebody very smart planned that out.

The campus was beautiful, plenty of State folks stopped me to say 'hail state' and even one auburn fan (who was very good looking) did so too. Bathrooms were pretty easy to get in and out of although they were smaller than ours. They didn't have a lot of room in the outer concourse for people to walk by with the concessions, but I guess there were so many, the lines were shorter.

The steps in the stadium were smaller and that made it easier to climb. No need for that pesky rail down the steps. Admittedly, I sat in a fairly premium section on the 40 yard line and lets just say I don't think there were many people around us from the stereotypic trailer park crowd we like to think all Bama fans are. They were nice to me and never once were ugly or in my face. The drunk bama fan behind me was even funny. Sang the star spangled banner about 4 verses ahead of the crowd. He called me 'sir' all night. The man in front of me joked all night about how they paid the refs on any questionable call. I informed him that was impossible as I currently keep Slive locked up in my basement under constant watch.

Damnit, the women were beautiful. I mean I didn't see the first ugly one. Tusk, you are a perfect host except for not providing my dogs a win. So, for that, and only that, I say fVck you.

Digger

TUSK
11-16-2014, 04:46 PM
First, the game result was disappointing, but fact is, we played poorly against a very tough team and had many chances to change the outcome. We lost, they won and it wasn't due to poor officiating. We tried to ram the ball down the throat of a team that was prepared for that. JRob getting more carries wouldn't have changed a thing. Sorry Coach. We failed to loosen up their front seven with accurate passing over the middle and wide throws. We dropped a number of passes. It happens. We can win out and make the final four.

Onto the game experience. Folks, if you have ever been pissed sitting in traffic either waiting to get into a game or out of one, you need to have been in my truck with me and Tusk. We never so much as stopped for a stop sign on the way in or out of that game. That is right. NOT ONE TIME. We parked in a lot that was the same distance from Bryant Denny as the middle of our drill field is from Scott Field. Bama has what I would consider to be the best gameday vehicular and human traffic flow possible. Somebody very smart planned that out.

The campus was beautiful, plenty of State folks stopped me to say 'hail state' and even one auburn fan (who was very good looking) did so too. Bathrooms were pretty easy to get in and out of although they were smaller than ours. They didn't have a lot of room in the outer concourse for people to walk by with the concessions, but I guess there were so many, the lines were shorter.

The steps in the stadium were smaller and that made it easier to climb. No need for that pesky rail down the steps. Admittedly, I sat in a fairly premium section on the 40 yard line and lets just say I don't think there were many people around us from the stereotypic trailer park crowd we like to think all Bama fans are. They were nice to me and never once were ugly or in my face. The drunk bama fan behind me was even funny. Sang the star spangled banner about 4 verses ahead of the crowd. He called me 'sir' all night. The man in front of me joked all night about how they paid the refs on any questionable call. I informed him that was impossible as I currently keep Slive locked up in my basement under constant watch.

Damnit, the women were beautiful. I mean I didn't see the first ugly one. Tusk, you are a perfect host except for not providing my dogs a win. So, for that, and only that, I say fVck you.

Digger

whatever, now let Mike outta your basement so I don't have to keep sitting in for him at any more of these boring meetings between the SEC Officials and Nick.

Had fun, brother... peace out!

defiantdog
11-16-2014, 04:51 PM

Digger

I like our campus better. Bama's seems dirty for some reason. Also, I had a Tutweiller parking pass so I was in and out with no troubles. But I did have a Bama friend who shuttled from the mall and said he had to walk from stadium to the mall after the game because the shuttles were at a stand still. So, it wasn't all that peachy.

Secondn1
11-16-2014, 05:08 PM

Digger

Sat in the state section with a couple of Bama fans. They were super nice. Now leaving the stadium was a different story. Had 6 thugs come up to me and my family saying we were the sorriest #1 team ever. Preceded to follow us down the road trying to pick a fight and using very foul language. Finally a few nice Bama fans jumped in and told them to back off which only made them more vocal. Several Bama fans apologized for the thugs behavior. I have had this experience every time I have been there. Needless to say I will never be back. Nothing pretty about that town or campus at all. We also waisted several hours after game to leave and still waited in bumper to bumper traffic for hours.

Dawgface
11-16-2014, 05:15 PM
Only been to one game there, luckly we won that day(Croom years). Saw one bama fan try to beat the chair back seat he was using in with his foot. Did a pretty good job too. I dressed neutral so didn't get any abuse. Tailgated afterward so no traffic problems when I left.

IMissJack
11-16-2014, 05:35 PM
Sat in lower level of north end zone (not in the MSU) section. I did not have one bad experience, great talking to the Bammers around us. And yes we parked by the First United Methodist Church, stayed until the end, and had zero traffic problems. 82 was moving good.

thunt
11-16-2014, 05:41 PM
The strength coach yelling beast mode on big downs made me want to jump off my upper deck seat

Smitty
11-16-2014, 05:47 PM
The strength coach yelling beast mode on big downs made me want to jump off my upper deck seat

"I CAN'T HEAR YOUUUU!!!"

thunt
11-16-2014, 05:49 PM
Sweet Jesus I had a flashback

hells bells
11-16-2014, 06:13 PM
Regardless, always have had a good experience at Bryant Denny, but no place like Starkvegas.

BulldogDX55
11-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Sweet Jesus I had a flashback

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

IMissJack
11-16-2014, 06:24 PM
The band playing pumped through the speakers gets old.

archdog
11-16-2014, 07:08 PM
The crowd noise pumped through the speakers gets old. Heard it 2 years ago and heard it again last night.

Tbonewannabe
11-16-2014, 07:28 PM
Sat in the state section with a couple of Bama fans. They were super nice. Now leaving the stadium was a different story. Had 6 thugs come up to me and my family saying we were the sorriest #1 team ever. Preceded to follow us down the road trying to pick a fight and using very foul language. Finally a few nice Bama fans jumped in and told them to back off which only made them more vocal. Several Bama fans apologized for the thugs behavior. I have had this experience every time I have been there. Needless to say I will never be back. Nothing pretty about that town or campus at all. We also waisted several hours after game to leave and still waited in bumper to bumper traffic for hours.

The 2 times I have been were very similar circumstances. Also had that type of experience in Little Rock in 1999. I will say both times I very much doubt the people trying to instigate had ever stepped foot in a building on campus except to maybe use the bathroom because the bushes were full. I will say most of the time ACTUAL alumni from any school act like a normal human being.

Big Daddy Dawg
11-16-2014, 07:31 PM
I posted previously about my experience, I will go a little further, I sat in upper deck with one of my best friends, he's a dawg, we started counting rows to find our seats, when I finally found the row we were on, dude on the end informed me that we must be in the wrong section, dude did not want to let us in, I calmly placed my ticket about 4" from his nose and asked "can you help me?" He reluctantly made way.
We go to sit, and the guy in front wanted to know how we got our seats, I told him we were guests of a company that my friend does business with, thought that was diplomatic enough, nope! Everytme we were stopped, made a bad play, anything, this asshole stood up and got in our face! Terrible! Basically before the 1st half was over I had been taunted so much I was ready to go.
I have sat in a sea of bears before and never, ever been ragged or insulted as much as yesterday, and I kept my mouth shut!
My friend finally had enough just after the half so we left, told me he never would have accepted tics had he known how bad it would be!

Yossarian
11-16-2014, 07:50 PM
I posted previously about my experience, I will go a little further, I sat in upper deck with one of my best friends, he's a dawg, we started counting rows to find our seats, when I finally found the row we were on, dude on the end informed me that we must be in the wrong section, dude did not want to let us in, I calmly placed my ticket about 4" from his nose and asked "can you help me?" He reluctantly made way.
We go to sit, and the guy in front wanted to know how we got our seats, I told him we were guests of a company that my friend does business with, thought that was diplomatic enough, nope! Everytme we were stopped, made a bad play, anything, this asshole stood up and got in our face! Terrible! Basically before the 1st half was over I had been taunted so much I was ready to go.
I have sat in a sea of bears before and never, ever been ragged or insulted as much as yesterday, and I kept my mouth shut!
My friend finally had enough just after the half so we left, told me he never would have accepted tics had he known how bad it would be!

Imagine how bad it would have been had they lost. I wouldn't want to be within 20 miles of the place!

barely
11-16-2014, 09:39 PM
Sat in the endzone behind the recruits and actually slapped their first FG away from a loser bama fan trying his best to catch it......to bad he was on about 5'5". The seats were very cramped......some around us had to stand the whole time because their seats were cramped so tight??? The pom pom waiving was annoying, had to be to their fans too. I encountered some necks, but those were not cheap seats, so outside of a few looks and a few Hail No chants by one fat redneck with an A on his face, it wasnt too bad. And the dude with the A, he did have a hot ass girl, so cudos to him.

TUSK
11-16-2014, 09:46 PM
Sat in the endzone behind the recruits and actually slapped their first FG away from a loser bama fan trying his best to catch it......to bad he was on about 5'5". The seats were very cramped......some around us had to stand the whole time because their seats were cramped so tight??? The pom pom waiving was annoying, had to be to their fans too. I encountered some necks, but those were not cheap seats, so outside of a few looks and a few Hail No chants by one fat redneck with an A on his face, it wasnt too bad. And the dude with the A, he did have a hot ass girl, so cudos to him.

Barely,,, if you don't mind me asking, "what was the face value of your ticket?"