PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Armchair QB.......

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2014, 10:34 AM
Gents, the Rising Tide Edition of ACQB is available at FWTCT (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/2014/11/16/7227701/wmd-armchair-qb-rising-tide-edition-mississippi-state-bulldogs-alabama-crimson-tide). You know the drill. Let's talk losing to Bama. Fire in the hole!

WinningIsRelentless
11-16-2014, 10:42 AM
The safety was a end around. JRob wasn't suppose to get the ball did you not see Mullen and Knox jump his ass?

GTHOM
11-16-2014, 10:43 AM
I agree with most but I dont think Dak played as bad as you put it in some. His OL didnt help him at all in the first half, Mullen didnt help him by only letting JRob run it 12 times, now the first 2 INTS were bad no doubt, but the one he threw trying to get it to Bear Wilson in the redzone should have been illegal touching on alabama, the CB went out of bounds and back in. They were holding and PI on Bear all day. We were not at our best yesterday, still believe we will go 11-1 and make the playoff. overall i agree good stuff

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 10:48 AM
Good stuff.

I agree with most of it. For whatever reason, it always seems like Mullen coaches scared and like a defeated person against Bama. Not sure why.

Devon Bell just can't handle pressure. Its why he couldn't kick field goals. Talented kid that just can't handle big moments

Red Sox Dawg
11-16-2014, 10:49 AM
They were getting on him for bouncing it outside back into the end zone instead of taking it straight up the gut. Had he gone straight ahead it would not have been a safety.

WinningIsRelentless
11-16-2014, 10:55 AM
They were getting on him for bouncing it outside back into the end zone instead of taking it straight up the gut. Had he gone straight ahead it would not have been a safety.

I know for a fact it was a spread sweep to Ross. Was told point blank after the game by one of our starting oline it was for Ross. Dak and JRob were to carry out a fake option to the right. That would freeze the backers and safety's enough to get Ross up field more.

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2014, 11:34 AM
I know for a fact it was a spread sweep to Ross. Was told point blank after the game by one of our starting oline it was for Ross. Dak and JRob were to carry out a fake option to the right. That would freeze the backers and safety's enough to get Ross up field more.

Then Mullen is a complete moron. You don't call plays designed to go east-west on your own goal line, especially not against a D as fast as Bama. You go straight ahead to try to create some breathing room. Regardless, the play was a total cluster****.

GTHOM
11-16-2014, 11:44 AM
Its one loss on the road to alabama by 5 points. we have 1 loss and we match up well with the last 2 teams on our regular season schedule. we will be fine. we wont play another front like that unless we play them again. which i hope we do. we will gash vandy and ole miss. getting jameon lewis back will help us a ton offensively too

Red Sox Dawg
11-16-2014, 11:59 AM

Not arguing the call, but DAK handed the ball to JRob, JRob didn't take it from him. Then he bounced it outside to try and outrun bama players instead of getting up in the hole and it was a safety. If Ross was supposed to get the ball why did DAK give it to JRob?

I get folks being upset, but we played a really good team at their place and were getting beat down 19-0 at the half and came back and had a chance to win the game in the 4th Quarter. This team is learning. Oh yeah, we have been ranked #1 for the last 5 weeks.

WinningIsRelentless
11-16-2014, 12:04 PM
Then Mullen is a complete moron. You don't call plays designed to go east-west on your own goal line, especially not against a D as fast as Bama. You go straight ahead to try to create some breathing room. Regardless, the play was a total cluster****.

Bamas d isn't fast at all. They are huge in the middle and lack in speed so you attack the edges. JRob had success last night on the edges because of the lack of speed and got his ass handed to him between the tackles because of their size.

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 12:12 PM
Bamas d isn't fast at all. They are huge in the middle and lack in speed so you attack the edges. JRob had success last night on the edges because of the lack of speed and got his ass handed to him between the tackles because of their size.

yeah. we had way more success attacking the edges than we did up the gut. Saban knew we like to run downhill and they took that away from us. Play calling didn't adjust accordingly. We ran one short option I believe and got hammered and gave up on it. Earlier in the year that happened, but we went back to it and it worked. We played scared yesterday and our reluctance to go back to that play call shows it. We should've continued to attack the corners.

War Machine Dawg
11-16-2014, 03:43 PM

They're fast enough that you won't have a lot of consistent success running east-west against them. The edge runs were working for J-Rob because he was decisive, would stick his foot in the ground, and get downhill. Plus those runs had his momentum already moving forward, not sideways. There's a reason Bama is the best run D in the league, and it isn't just because they're big.

DanDority
11-16-2014, 06:16 PM

WMD,
Great write up, I couldn't have said it any better about the fumble call on the field over turned into a touchdown because well it looked like he got in. My father said that he looked up the rule and according to him it had an * beside the rule, if at Bamma looks like becomes video evidence.
Yes, if on the safety play the call was an end around our play caller is a moron. And by the look of our special teams play and personnel decisions he may not be the brightest bulb on the tree.

War Machine Dawg
11-17-2014, 10:08 AM
Monday bup.