PDA

View Full Version : These games pretty much determine our season...

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 10:00 AM
Assuming we take care of business against Vandy, and FSU doesn't lay an egg against Boston College next week, these games will play a key role in where we land:

Saturday, Nov 22nd
Ole Miss @ Arkansas

Thursday, Nov 27th
TCU @ Texas

Saturday, Nov 29th
Michigan @ Ohio State
Oregon @ Oregon State
Florida @ Florida State
Auburn @ Alabama
State @ Ole Miss

So percentage wise, what are the chances the teams in bold win these games?

GTHOM
11-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Arky will beat ole miss, Texas will beat TCU, Ohio State beats michigan, oregon beats oregon state, Florida State beats Florida, State beats ole miss

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 10:04 AM
Assuming we take care of business against Vandy, and FSU doesn't lay an egg against Boston College next week, these games will play a key role in where we land:

Saturday, Nov 22nd
Ole Miss @ Arkansas

Thursday, Nov 27th
TCU @ Texas

Saturday, Nov 29th
Michigan @ Ohio State
Oregon @ Oregon State
Florida @ Florida State
Auburn @ Alabama
State @ Ole Miss

Ole Miss - 52.98769 %

Texas - 46.21456%

Michigan - 10.1234%

Oregon State - 38.468%

Florida - 42.793%

Auburn - 38.289%

State - 52.99999%

Again, we can break it down every which way, but, given how the sport works, if we win out, I would put a 95% bet on us getting in the playoff. Someone always loses.

msstate7
11-16-2014, 10:06 AM
Realistic = ark, Texas, state

I like Wisconsin over Ohio st in big 10 championship, Oregon losing in pac 10 championship, and Georgia tech over Fsu better than the others you listed

Quaoarsking
11-16-2014, 10:25 AM
We need USC to get into the Pac-12 championship, which is plausible. I think they're the most likely team to beat Oregon.

We also need Kansas State to beat Baylor, which I believe is during conference championship week.

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 10:35 AM
We need USC to get into the Pac-12 championship, which is plausible. I think they're the most likely team to beat Oregon.

We also need Kansas State to beat Baylor, which I believe is during conference championship week.

I just can't see a big12 team making it. Big10 either.

VandelayIndustries
11-16-2014, 10:40 AM
We need Wisconsin to beat Ohio State in the big 10 championship game

GTHOM
11-16-2014, 10:47 AM
At the end of the day, if we win out, we will have one of the best ''bodies of work'' in the country. we will not be left out if we handle our business.

msstate7
11-16-2014, 10:48 AM
We need Wisconsin to beat Ohio State in the big 10 championship game

For the obvious reason and the not so obvious -- we beat lsu who would've beaten big 10 champs

DudyDawg
11-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Ohio state isn't even in the discussion.

I think our best hope is for florida and auburn to win. Texas ain't beating tcu

ScoobaDawg
11-16-2014, 10:57 AM

Saturday, Nov 22nd
Ole Miss @ Arkansas

Thursday, Nov 27th
TCU @ Texas

Saturday, Nov 29th
Michigan @ Ohio State
Oregon @ Oregon State
Florida @ Florida State
Auburn @ Alabama
State @ Ole Miss

im sure im missing the obvious, but why do we need Mississippi to win anything? Unless its for a better ranking when we win.

VandelayIndustries
11-16-2014, 10:58 AM
Ohio state isn't even in the discussion.

I think our best hope is for florida and auburn to win. Texas ain't beating tcu

I don't know about that Texas has definitely improved throughout the year, they will give TCU a game

VandelayIndustries
11-16-2014, 10:59 AM
Unless its for a better ranking when we win.

Yea this

shoeless joe
11-16-2014, 11:00 AM
If it comes down to us and ohio state, assuming we both win out, then we're in. Resumes are not even close there.

The committee has set a precedent so far and if that holds true we will be no worse than 5 Tuesday and possibly 4. If we are 5 we will have a chance to still get in by winning out. The committee has shown that they love them some OM so winning at their place will be huge.

ScoobaDawg
11-16-2014, 11:01 AM
Add a baylor lose in one of their 3 remaining games, Ok State, Tx Tech, or Kansas St.
Dont count out them jumping us if TCU loses to Texas and Baylor wins the conference.
KSU has two losses.

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 11:41 AM
im sure im missing the obvious, but why do we need Mississippi to win anything? Unless its for a better ranking when we win.

need them to count as a quality win, but they haven't won a D1 game in a month right now. The bottom is falling out and a loss to Arkansas and then to us will push them straight out the top 25.

spiritual_machine2005
11-16-2014, 11:53 AM
I'd rather Arky knock UM off. That might reduce the egg bowl as a "quality win" but it would probable bump Arky into the top 25 making that another quality win for us. And it would give UM zero chance at winning a share of the west.