PDA

View Full Version : Committee's Top 5...

CadaverDawg
11-16-2014, 08:39 AM
I am expecting the following from the committee on Tuesday:

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Florida State
4. TCU

5. Mississippi State

Both ours and Bama's resumes were hurt by LSU and A&M last night, so I don't think Bama jumps Oregon. This will put us in position to get in if we win out and if one of them lose a game.

Oregon still plays the PAC12 title game.
FSU plays Florida (they have such an easy schedule)
TCU plays Texas
Bama plays AU and SECC if they win

It may help us that the Big12 doesn't have a Title game

DownwardDawg
11-16-2014, 08:43 AM

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Florida State
4. TCU

5. Mississippi State

Both ours and Bama's resumes were hurt by LSU and A&M last night, so I don't think Bama jumps Oregon. This will put us in position to get in if we win out and if one of them lose a game.

TCU plays Texas

You're probably right, but we should be 4 and TCU should be 5.

Dawgface
11-16-2014, 08:49 AM

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Florida State
4. TCU

5. Mississippi State

TCU plays Texas

Probably so. And after all said done, if Ohio State wins out I bet they would get the nod over us. But that is off topic as you are just talking about Tuesday's vote.

Smitty
11-16-2014, 08:50 AM
I'm not one to hate on FSU's schedule. If they go undefeated they should be in no doubt. Yeah the ACC sucks but they went out and got Okie St, Notre Dame, and still play Florida who some thought was going to win the East.

TCU is garbage though.

Statefan
11-16-2014, 08:54 AM
Probably so. And after all said done, if Ohio State wins out I bet they would get the nod over us. But that is off topic as you are just talking about Tuesday's vote.

OSU with a home lose to VT over us with a loss @ Bama?

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 08:55 AM
Any BigTen or Big12 team being in the top 4 is a joke.

defiantdog
11-16-2014, 08:57 AM
I don't think we get knocked out of the top 4.

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. State

5. Ohio State
6. TCU / Baylor

We win out, we give the committee a tough decision to think about

Smitty
11-16-2014, 09:01 AM
They obviously don't mind dropping FSU (who still looked like shit)

Could be something great like Oregon Bama MSU FSU.

How much does our solid 1st place lead (48 votes) help us in regards to this?

Dawgface
11-16-2014, 09:06 AM
OSU with a home lose to VT over us with a loss @ Bama?

I'm just afraid logic won't win out in the end. The talking heads are already talking up OSU saying they are a much better team than early in the year. And that the committee will be looking for the best playing teams now. The committee members listen to all that crap.

Statefan
11-16-2014, 10:20 AM
I'm just afraid logic won't win out in the end. The talking heads are already talking up OSU saying they are a much better team than early in the year. And that the committee will be looking for the best playing teams now. The committee members listen to all that crap.

I have seen a couple of national guys slip OSU into their top 4, so I see where you are coming from. The committee (headed by an SEC guy after all) will certainly recognize how much better our resume is

SDDawg
11-16-2014, 10:52 AM
TCU almost lost to the worst team in the conference. A horrible team, it's the near equivalent of Vandy. I don't think they're top 4, I believe we'll be ahead of them. The rest I agree with.

SDDawg
11-16-2014, 10:53 AM
I don't think we get knocked out of the top 4.

1. Bama
2. Oregon
3. FSU
4. State

5. Ohio State
6. TCU / Baylor

We win out, we give the committee a tough decision to think about

This looks pretty realistic, although I think it's a horrible decision to put Ohio State in the top 5 (I'm guessing you don't agree with it either). I expect them to be beaten again though and for us to win out so we should be ok.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 10:58 AM

Another paranoid poster. The committee has done nothing to show they listen to the media. They've been objective. Don't make stuff up

WinningIsRelentless
11-16-2014, 11:03 AM

1. Oregon
2. Alabama
3. Florida State
4. TCU

5. Mississippi State

TCU plays Texas

Tcu is falling and falling hard. Long said Tuesday that they had 3 top 25 wins well after yesterday that drops to 2. So Baylor may jump to 4 because they had beat tcu but tcu won't be 4.

shoeless joe
11-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Another paranoid poster. The committee has done nothing to show they listen to the media. They've been objective. Don't make stuff up

Exactly.

Somebody please give ONE example of the committee even appearing to be swayed by talking heads?

CadaverDawg
11-16-2014, 11:07 AM
Tcu is falling and falling hard. Long said Tuesday that they had 3 top 25 wins well after yesterday that drops to 2. So Baylor may jump to 4 because they had beat tcu but tcu won't be 4.

Well, if that is true, then we will plummet as well because we lost two top 25 wins on our r?sum? last night too (LSU, A&M)

SDDawg
11-16-2014, 11:13 AM
Well, if that is true, then we will plummet as well because we lost two top 25 wins on our r?sum? last night too (LSU, A&M)

If you just look at the math, maybe. But I don't think that's the deal. You look at the fact that TCU was on the verge of losing to a 3 win KU team that is the worst in that conference for years. If we have to come from behind to beat Vandy next week in the 4th quarter, I promise we won't be in the top 4 (nor should we be). That's what you need to look at here and I think the committee will.

Mjoelner34
11-16-2014, 11:38 AM
Hotlz has us out of the top 6 (shocking!) but Mark May has us 4th. He has 1. Bama 2. Oregon 3. FSU 4. MSU.

Quaoarsking
11-16-2014, 01:02 PM
The Committee has shown that it looks at the entire season rather than just the most recent games. There is absolutely no chance of Ohio State making the playoff unless it's down to Ohio State or a 2-loss team for the last spot. And even then a 2-loss SEC Champion probably goes ahead of them.

GreenheadDawg
11-16-2014, 01:16 PM
Hotlz has us out of the top 6 (shocking!) but Mark May has us 4th. He has 1. Bama 2. Oregon 3. FSU 4. MSU.

I'd love to slap those dentures out of his mouth. I can't stand Holtz he's been waiting for us to lose

Coach34
11-16-2014, 01:34 PM
TCU struggled to beat ****ing Kansas yesterday. Kansas. We talkin Kansas mane. Kansas. Not SEC, not SEC. Kansas.

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 01:35 PM
I'd love to slap those dentures out of his mouth. I can't stand Holtz he's been waiting for us to lose

he's just relieved he doesn't have to talk about Mithithippi Thate so much this week.

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 01:41 PM
Chris Low just put us in his top 4 after not thinking we we would be last night. Most people have us at 4.

The Big 12 could be hurt by not having a championship game. I almost wonder if we are better off having both TCU and Baylor win out. This would create a tie for the Big 12 championship, and would be the exact same thing as our Co-SEC West championship with Bama. Committee could justify this point.

I think we are in if we win out. Need to play better though