PDA

View Full Version : On Dak's INT in endzone....

msugolf
11-16-2014, 07:39 AM
It looked like Cyrus Jones went out of bounds unforced and was the first person to touch the ball. I know that's a penalty for a WR but what's the rule for a defensive player?

CowtownDawg
11-16-2014, 08:03 AM
It looked like Cyrus Jones went out of bounds unforced and was the first person to touch the ball. I know that's a penalty for a WR but what's the rule for a defensive player?

I watched the replay a couple of times. He definitely stepped out.

Need some rules guru to answer this one.

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 08:10 AM
I know for sure the offense can't be the first to touch the ball after coming back in bounds, but don't know whether it applies to defense or not. You'd think it does.

defiantdog
11-16-2014, 08:16 AM
All defensive players are considered eligible. Therefore, if any player on the field steps out of bounds (without being forced) is considered ineligible. The only exception is the scenario at the Utah vs Oregon game where the player fumbled the ball.

Maroonthirteen
11-16-2014, 08:40 AM
...and it doesn't matter. Nothing will ever be done about it. What can be done though, is Dan stop calling the back shoulder throw into the endzone. How many picks in the endzone is that now?

GTHOM
11-16-2014, 09:03 AM
It should have been illegal touching on alabama but getting a call against alabama is pretty much never going to happen

Dawgface
11-16-2014, 09:12 AM
I would love to see a replay of that. I didn't notice it, but that doesn't mean anything. Can't say I ever remember seeing a penalty thrown for that either.