PDA

View Full Version : Shotguns quick thoughts - Eye test?

ShotgunDawg
11-16-2014, 02:09 AM
Today sucked and hurt. I don't think the loss was heart breaking, and I am proud of the way we fought, but I really sucks that in our biggest game in school history, we played like crap. Physically we played with Bama, but our offensive execution and punting game was for the most part poor today. However, with that being said, we competed. Shump almost blocked a punt that could've changed the game, Bama played completely clean, we had redzone troubles, etc... and we still only lost by only 5. Nothing went our way on the road at Alabama and we only lost by 5 points. But we lost, and there are no moral victories when your competing for championships. Gosh, I hope we play them again. Getting knocked out of the playoff because you lose one game at Alabama seems like an unfair cruel joke that the playoff committee won't make. I believe we will find a way to sneak into the 4th spot if we win out.

While following the talking heads today after our game, I was amazed at how differently people comprehended what happened on the field. Some writers wrote that MSU out gained Alabama, made mistakes, but only lost by 5 points at the toughest place in America to win. While others, basically said that our last TD was a garbage time TD, and that Bama dominated us.

As an MSU fan, I thought played poorly today, but we held our own, battled, and showed we certainly belonged on the field with Bama, and could possibly,probably beat them on a neutral field.

That being said, not everyone saw the same things as me, and I'm not sure why.

Check out the differences in the tone of these articles.

Forde like us: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/how-alabama-ended-mississippi-state-s-dream-run--and-what-it-means-for-cfp-picture-031339674-ncaaf.html

Sallee and Stewart Mandel apparently watch a different game today, or wrote their story at half-time: http://www.foxsports.com/college-football/story/alabama-beats-mississippi-state-sec-west-college-football-playoff-race-111514

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2268983-secs-hope-for-two-teams-in-college-football-playoff-as-good-as-dead

TUSK
11-16-2014, 02:20 AM
Ironic, Gun.... Grave leaned over to me as MSU was driving late in the 4th and said "if we score, it'll be called a garbage TD"...

I told him maybe so, but although meaningless (at that point), Bama didn't want to give it up.... straight legit, IMO...

I respect how MSU's offense (esp the OL) adapted to the situation at hand.

I do question some of yall's clock management and play calling, however.

Tbonewannabe
11-16-2014, 08:14 AM
Ironic, Gun.... Grave leaned over to me as MSU was driving late in the 4th and said "if we score, it'll be called a garbage TD"...

I told him maybe so, but although meaningless (at that point), Bama didn't want to give it up.... straight legit, IMO...

I respect how MSU's offense (esp the OL) adapted to the situation at hand.

I do question some of yall's clock management and play calling, however.

If Mullen doesn't screw up the play calling at the end of the game we would have had a lot more time if we get the onside kick. We should have had 30 seconds with 2 timeouts.