PDA

View Full Version : I've been pretty closely associated...

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2014, 12:21 AM
with a pretty good program on another level for over 3 decades now. I have watched them rise and fall and rise and fall over the years. The initial rise from obscurity was something to behold. It took 8-9 years to really arrive only to fall at the last hurdle that first real try. The second real run at a title was interesting for sure. They lost to a local rival who was in the same class but luckily not in the same division. It was a game they should have won but didn't. They played like crap early in the game and never could catch up. It taught them a lesson which they took to heart. They had to play HARD and well every night out for the whole game. They went on to win it all that year because they learned that lesson. They didn't let that crushing loss ruin the rest of the year. We don't have the luxury of not having today not count in the standings, but if we take the lessons from tonight to heart and redouble the concentration and effort, you never know what might happen. Keep the faith and Hail State!

Todd4State
11-16-2014, 12:40 AM
Great post.

And to be honest, I think we actually may have a better shot at being undefeated next year than we did this year because next year we are going to have guys that have learned the lessons about what it takes to be number one and how to handle the pressure and the scrutiny. Sometimes losing is part of that learning process so that you can move forward in the future.

I really like the way the schedule sets up next year where we have LSU, Bama, and the Egg Bowl at home. If we can beat Auburn and Texas A&M on the road and not get trapped by Arkansas and Mizzou- we have a great shot. Especially with Dak, Robinson, Bear, and a lot of experienced players coming back even though they may or may not start. The biggest thing is going to be replacing Malcolm, finding a RT, and then replacing Cox and Hughes.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2014, 12:45 AM
I don't know about next year, we are graduating a lot of folks. The key is keeping Dan and keeping the staff reasonably intact. This year ain't over. We can NOT let today ruin the rest. Learn from it, get better, and move on.

Todd4State
11-16-2014, 12:57 AM
I don't know about next year, we are graduating a lot of folks. The key is keeping Dan and keeping the staff reasonably intact. This year ain't over. We can NOT let today ruin the rest. Learn from it, get better, and move on.

Other teams are graduating people too. And I still want a special teams coach.

KB21
11-16-2014, 01:09 AM
You know, with the way Dan has played a lot of the "1B" guys on defense this year, a lot of that has to do with developing quality depth, but he has also been preparing for life without some of these other players as well.

Guys like Nelson Adams, Nick James, Richie Brown, Zack Jackson, and Deontay Evans haven't gotten a lot of skins on the ball this year, along with two guys who will be defensive stalwarts for us in Chris Jones and Will Redmond.

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 07:36 AM

Not worried about the staff at this point outside of maybe Billy G looking for a promotion.

Biggest loss to me is likely to be JRob and the OL. Dak will be back. defense will be better, but may not be quite as deep in the front 7.

I seen it dawg
11-16-2014, 09:43 AM
R-E-L-A-X

And the OP is spot on.