PDA

View Full Version : The Egg Bowl

CadaverDawg
11-15-2014, 10:03 PM
Crazy to think about the Egg Bowl. If we win that afternoon, we will be rooting like hell for Auburn to beat Bama (which they won't because Auburn is looking like shit lately)....but if OM beats us, we will be rooting like hell for Auburn to lose so OM doesn't win the West. Gonna be a stressful Saturday no matter how you slice it.

Could go from one of the best season's ever, to one of the worst in just a few weekends. Hard to believe a 10 win regular season could be looked at in any negative way.

MarketingBully01
11-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Ole Miss will lose to Arkansas. Won't be worrying too much.

msstate7
11-15-2014, 10:05 PM
Or arkansas takes them out next week. I'm not sure Om's offense will be good enough without treadwell

State82
11-15-2014, 10:06 PM
But, you are assuming UM beats Arky next week. I think that is a REALLY big assumption. In fact, I think the Hogs win that one.

CadaverDawg
11-15-2014, 10:08 PM
OM should beat Arkansas if they are who they say they are. If not, great. But I am expecting OM to win that game. Definitely hope you guys are right though

DownwardDawg
11-15-2014, 10:10 PM
I've been saying for weeks that Arkansas will beat ole miss. They cannot stop the run and Arky will have 350 yards or more rushing against the rebs.

MarketingBully01
11-15-2014, 10:10 PM
We just need to win out and let the chips fall where they may. We need to blow out Vandy and get our offense going. Dan needs to quit with the bull shit conservative playcalliing and open it up. Our defense can stop the Ole Miss offense and we will be able to run on the Ole Miss defense. I thought our secondary did a great job of shutting out Cooper. If Cooper doesn't make that big 50 yard play he would have only had 38 yards the whole game. As much as the idiot announcers were saying Alabama dominated us the stats didn't really show that at all.

Chip
11-15-2014, 10:11 PM
Or Arky could end Ole Miss' chances next Saturday.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2014, 10:11 PM
And Bama will beat auburn so ole miss ain't winning the west. Beside, we are gonna roll ole miss. We are too physical for them.

MarketingBully01
11-15-2014, 10:13 PM
OM should beat Arkansas if they are who they say they are. If not, great. But I am expecting OM to win that game. Definitely hope you guys are right though

Why? OM has no Treadwell and they will have to score on every drive. The OM defense isn't going to stop Arkansas run game. If Arkansas beats LSU, Arkansas blows out Ole Miss.

ShotgunDawg
11-15-2014, 10:16 PM
We may want Ole Miss the beat Ark, so they are considered a quality win.

CadaverDawg
Why? OM has no Treadwell and they will have to score on every drive. The OM defense isn't going to stop Arkansas run game. If Arkansas beats LSU, Arkansas blows out Ole Miss.

I said "if they are who they say they are". In other words, OM bases everything off of recruiting, and they have way more talent than the Hogs. No excuse for OM to lose that game with or without Treadwell. Right? Hugh shouldn't get an excuse train for losing to the West's worst team should he?

(I think you guys are missing what I'm saying.)

Liverpooldawg
Vandy first.

State82
11-15-2014, 10:19 PM
If Arkansas beats LSU, Arkansas blows out Ole Miss.

They are putting forth a fine effort so far.

MarketingBully01
11-15-2014, 10:20 PM
I said "if they are who they say they are". In other words, OM bases everything off of recruiting, and they have way more talent than the Hogs. No excuse for OM to lose that game with or without Treadwell. Right? Hugh shouldn't get an excuse train for losing to the West's worst team should he?

(I think you guys are missing what I'm saying.)

Gotcha, I think the only way Ole Miss wins is if Arkansas loses this game tonight and has nothing to play for. Arkansas could very well win out and be 7-5. Our worst win right now is Kentucky IMO. They are playig like absolute shit atm.

AlmostPositive
11-15-2014, 10:28 PM
Ole Miss is finishing 8-4.

GTHOM
11-16-2014, 09:22 AM
Do any of you guys really think we will lose to vandy? (they arent any good) or TSUN (cannot stop the run, average at best offensive line, one dimensional offense without their best WR) We should go 11-1

msstate7
11-16-2014, 09:26 AM
Do any of you guys really think we will lose to vandy? (they arent any good) or TSUN (cannot stop the run, average at best offensive line, one dimensional offense without their best WR) We should go 11-1

Holding off on egg bowl prediction to see how well they play without treadwell and to see if tunsil plays

Dawgface
11-16-2014, 09:29 AM
The Egg bowl will be tough simply because its in Oxford and they will be doing their best to keep us out of the playoffs. But I hope you guys are right and we win. As far as Arky is concerned, I think they have a great chance against the bears. They are coming off a big win and playing at home. They will be sky high.

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 09:32 AM
We may want Ole Miss the beat Ark, so they are considered a quality win.

unfortunately this is true. Next week, I pull for what's "good for Mississippi."

msstate7
11-16-2014, 09:36 AM
unfortunately this is true. Next week, I pull for what's "good for Mississippi."

OM will be a top 25 win regardless.

I don't wanna play a rejuvenated OM team in the egg. I want an OM team falling apart.

Offshore Dawg
11-16-2014, 09:42 AM
Or arkansas takes them out next week. I'm not sure Om's offense will be good enough without treadwell

I think this will happen since they are playing in Arkansas.

DLGDawg
11-16-2014, 09:57 AM
We will be their Super Bowl. It's their biggest game now regardless of winning or losing at arky.

OM will be a top 25 win regardless.

I don't wanna play a rejuvenated OM team in the egg. I want an OM team falling apart.

Maroonthirteen
11-16-2014, 10:05 AM
As far as our r?sum?, I don't think it matters who wins since they are both sec west teams on our schedule. However i think it will be a huge blow to the OM psyche and moral of their fan base if the Rebs lose.

cbrunt29
11-16-2014, 10:20 AM
Even if Ole Miss does beat Arky, they will be physically beat up to hell and back. I kinda wish we had the Thursday night game against them again so they don't have much time to recover. Either way, we're gonna steamroll the 17ers.

LeakyD
11-16-2014, 11:06 AM
If we play half as well against OM as we did Bama, we will win the Egg Bowl. I was at the game last night. That was an incredibly tough environment to win on the road. We made mistakes, but battled and moved the ball against a great defense.

OM is much weaker up the middle and at linebacker. If we keep turnovers to a minimum, we should win this game. Also, Treadwell's absence can't be underestimated. In addition to the offense he added, he made their offense more dangerous by having to account for him. Collins had a great scheme for them last year when they had Treadwell and Moncrief. Throw in a banged up O-line and we should roll.

GTHOM
11-16-2014, 11:24 AM
If we play half as well against OM as we did Bama, we will win the Egg Bowl. I was at the game last night. That was an incredibly tough environment to win on the road. We made mistakes, but battled and moved the ball against a great defense.

OM is much weaker up the middle and at linebacker. If we keep turnovers to a minimum, we should win this game. Also, Treadwell's absence can't be underestimated. In addition to the offense he added, he made their offense more dangerous by having to account for him. Collins had a great scheme for them last year when they had Treadwell and Moncrief. Throw in a banged up O-line and we should roll.

I agree Great post. We should win the battle up front on both sides and be able to run the ball.