PDA

View Full Version : A little trivia question...

Drugdog
06-12-2013, 10:18 AM
What SEC schools played in a January 1 Bowl Game, and in the College World Series this year?

DawgInMemphis
06-12-2013, 10:27 AM
What SEC schools played in a January 1 Bowl Game, and in the College World Series this year?

Ha, wish we could've won our January bowl game... but obviously I'd rather Cohen & Co. bring home the bacon than us beat NW in the Gator bowl.

Following up on that, Louisville is having a heck of a year - drubbing UF in the Sugar bowl, mens bball National Champs, and now Omaha (beating Vandy to get there). Impressive.

SaltyDawg
06-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Their NCAA women went to Natty also.

Bo Darville
06-12-2013, 11:04 AM

Actually the question can't be answered. You ask "schools" (plural). The fact is there is only 1. That is MSU. LSU did not play in a January 1 Bowl Game.

FlabLoser
06-12-2013, 11:06 AM
Count me out on New Year's Day bowl hype. NYD ain't what it used to be.

Drugdog
06-12-2013, 11:14 AM
Bo, since I asked the question, I knew the answer. If I said School ( singular) the answer would be easy.

LiterallyPolice
06-12-2013, 11:38 AM
Count me out on New Year's Day bowl hype. NYD ain't what it used to be.

+1. Every time our fans start trumpeting the NYD bowl thing, I get a little irked. Don't get me wrong.... The Gator Bowl is a great bowl... It's just that there are better bowls (e.g. Chic Fil A) that aren't on NYD.