PDA

View Full Version : Do you guys know why we were the no. 1 redzone defense in the country?

HoopsDawg
11-15-2014, 09:18 PM
it's b/c our 1st string defense is damn good. Our 1B's allow the opponent to get in the redzone, we bring in our 1A's and we shut them down.

Our 1B's cost us 10 points today. We quit playing them in the second half and won the 2nd half, 17 to 6.

msstate7
11-15-2014, 09:24 PM
1b's have gotten some great experience this year, but it's 1a time now. No margin of error

CadaverDawg
11-15-2014, 09:27 PM
it's b/c our 1st string defense is damn good. Our 1B's allow the opponent to get in the redzone, we bring in our 1A's and we shut them down.

Our 1B's cost us 10 points today. We quit playing them in the second half and won the 2nd half, 17 to 6.

Can't be. I was told that Mullen will not play the 1B's together in a big game like Bama. In fact, we were all "crazy to even think he would do that in a big game like Bama".**

When I looked up and saw Turtle, Richie, and ZJack on the field and Bama running it down our throats early in the game, it made me sick.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2014, 09:28 PM
Can't be. I was told that Mullen will not play the 1B's together in a big game like Bama. In fact, we were all "crazy to even think he would do that in a big game like Bama".**

When I looked up and saw Turtle, Richie, and ZJack on the field and Bama running it down our throats early in the game, it made me sick.

Yep, it cost us 10 points.

msstate7
11-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Zack Jackson got beat in coverage again today. He's not ready

Dawgface
11-15-2014, 09:30 PM
1b's have gotten some great experience this year, but it's 1a time now. No margin of error
True, but you would have thought the 1b stuff wouldn't have been used today. No reason to think it will stop at this point.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2014, 09:32 PM
Zack Jackson got beat in coverage again today. He's not ready

The combo of Richie Brown and Zach Jackson is just nowhere near as good as B-Mac and Wells. It's not even debatable. Other teams don't sub their best players. Ole Miss didn't pull Tony Conner and Cody Prewitt. Why do we??!! Pisses me off.

maroonmania
11-15-2014, 09:33 PM
True, but you would have thought the 1b stuff wouldn't have been used today. No reason to think it will stop at this point.

Mullen gonna Mullen. Have to take the good with the bad with him as I also noticed that we had mostly the backups in on some of Bama's scoring and that shouldn't have happened today.

Political Hack
11-15-2014, 10:08 PM
and were still gassed in the fourth when we needed a stop.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2014, 10:36 PM
and were still gassed in the fourth when we needed a stop.

We weren't gassed. We rushed 3 on third and long twice and gave up first downs. Then we blitzed on 3rd and long and couldn't make a play. Blake Sims beat us with his feet on that last TD drive.

Someone please tell me how Jay Hughes gets one on one coverage against Cooper?? That's not coaches putting our players in position to be successful.

msstate7
11-15-2014, 10:44 PM
We weren't gassed. We rushed 3 on third and long twice and gave up first downs. Then we blitzed on 3rd and long and couldn't make a play. Blake Sims beat us with his feet on that last TD drive.

Someone please tell me how Jay Hughes gets one on one coverage against Cooper?? That's not coaches putting our players in position to be successful.

Hated that inside blitz on 3rd and 10. All that did was force sims to do what we does best -- scramble

Bothrops
11-15-2014, 10:52 PM
Just please move Chris Jones back inside for the remainder of the season.

msstate7
11-15-2014, 10:54 PM
I agree

HoopsDawg
11-15-2014, 10:54 PM

Just b/c Chris Jones is a better DE than Nelson Adams doesn't mean he should be a DE. He is a DT all the way!!!

Political Hack
11-15-2014, 11:16 PM

when CJ gave up on chasing Sims to the sidelines, we we're gassed. Sims beat us twice with his legs late because we were too tired.

Percho
11-15-2014, 11:41 PM
Hated that inside blitz on 3rd and 10. All that did was force sims to do what we does best -- scramble

It wasn't a thing wrong with the inside blitz. If the people on the end do not let the QB go around them and keep him inside we would have sacked him. We flushed him and he went outside the end, should not happen.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2014, 11:42 PM
It wasn't a thing wrong with the inside blitz. If the people on the end do not let the QB go around them and keep him inside we would have sacked him. We flushed him and he went outside the end, should not happen.

I think it was Preston that got beat to the outside. Simms was a former RB and he made us pay for not keeping containment.