PDA

View Full Version : how big is that reversed fumble call?

Political Hack
11-15-2014, 08:29 PM
nm

msstate7
11-15-2014, 08:34 PM
Huge. It was correct call though

cheewgumm
11-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Actually, the "correct" call would be not to overturn a call without conclusive video proof.

Political Hack
11-15-2014, 08:37 PM
Huge. It was correct call though

I "think" so too, but it was inconclusive and the call on the field was fumble. That reversal may cost us a shot at the natty.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2014, 08:38 PM
nm

only a retard would bring up that call. It was the right the call.

cheewgumm
11-15-2014, 08:40 PM
It was inconclusive, that's a fact. It 'have been overturned. I know what you "think" you saw...

codeDawg
11-15-2014, 08:40 PM

No, it wasn't. The replay footage "felt" like it was over, but it was neither conclusive or irrefutable. The call on the field should have stood.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2014, 08:41 PM
It was inconclusive, that's a fact. It 'have been overturned. I know what you "think" you saw...

Holeee Sheet. Don't be that guy. It was a TD, period.

cheewgumm
11-15-2014, 08:43 PM
Don't be the "that guy" guy.

I'm not saying it costs us the game, but it should not have been overturned.

Political Hack
11-15-2014, 09:21 PM

only a retard would suggest inconclusive trumps the on the field call. retard.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2014, 09:24 PM
Holeee Sheet. Don't be that guy. It was a TD, period.

The ruling on the field was a fumble and MSU ball. I never saw anything that made me think they would overturn it. I thought it was a TD, but there was never a shot that clearly showed it should be overturned.

thf24
11-15-2014, 09:25 PM
Come on guys. Yes, there was no camera angle that conclusively showed the ball across the line, but if you judge the position of the ball relative to parts of Henry's body that were conclusively over the line, there was no way it wasn't in. It was the correct call and I'm completely ok with it.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2014, 09:26 PM
The ruling on the field was a fumble and MSU ball. I never saw anything that made me think they would overturn it. I thought it was a TD, but there was never a shot that clearly showed it should be overturned.

Don't be a dumbass. You generally aren't a dumbass. Don't be a dumbass.

Political Hack
11-15-2014, 09:27 PM

yep. I "think" it was a TD, but you can't tell for sure without a shot down the goal line.

KB21
11-15-2014, 09:29 PM
Did the ball probably cross the goal line? Probably, but there was no video evidence that proved it crossed, and because of that, the reversal was a BS call.

Even with that, we had several opportunities to take control of this game, and we simply didn't capitalize/made too many mistakes in the redzone.

Honestly, if I had told you before this game that we would have 3 turnovers and not force any, have two bad calls go against us (the no call on Bear in the endzone before half time), our punting would suck, and Josh Robinson would get held to under 50 yards rushing, what do you think the score of this game would have been?

We lost by 5 points with all of that happening and still had chances to win this game.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2014, 09:31 PM
Don't be a dumbass. You generally aren't a dumbass. Don't be a dumbass.

Wow. Maybe I actually know the rules. It has to be "conclusive evidence" to overturn the ruling on the field.
We had plenty of other chances but I still say it should not have been overturned. Call me names like a kid all you want.

HoopsDawg
11-15-2014, 09:34 PM
Wow. Maybe I actually know the rules. It has to be "conclusive evidence" to overturn the ruling on the field.
We had plenty of other chances but I still say it should not have been overturned. Call me names like a kid all you want.

It was a TD. The officials blew the call and the replay officials got it right. Admitting the obvious and not being delusional is what separates us from the Johnny Rebs.

DownwardDawg
11-15-2014, 09:42 PM
It was a TD. The officials blew the call and the replay officials got it right. Admitting the obvious and not being delusional is what separates us from the Johnny Rebs.

I will agree with you that it should have been called a TD on the field.

CJDAWG85
11-15-2014, 09:52 PM
There was no conclusive video evidence that showed the ball crossing thr goal line. However, I feel whichever way they called it on the field should've stood.

KB21
11-15-2014, 09:58 PM
According to the rules of instant replay, there has to be conclusive evidence to overturn a call. There was no conclusive evidence. The bottom line is they overturned the call without conclusive evidence. Had it been called a TD on the field, there was not conclusive evidence to overturn it and award the ball to Mississippi State.

Political Hack
11-15-2014, 10:00 PM
There was no conclusive video evidence that showed the ball crossing thr goal line. However, I feel whichever way they called it on the field should've stood.

exactly. I think it was a TD too, but they reversed it because of "probably"...

BulldogBear
11-15-2014, 11:32 PM
It was likely the wrong call on the field.

BUT according to the RULES, it should not have been overturned. If it had been us, it would not have been overturned and you all know that.

coastdoglover
11-15-2014, 11:56 PM
It was close but no view from down the goal line which was odd. I knew however, when they said Doyle Jackson in the booth, we were screwed.

Liverpooldawg
11-16-2014, 12:08 AM
I thought they got it right, but I didn' see a conclusive angle on the replay. The combination of all of them looked like he got in, but I would hate to be convicted of anything based on that kind of evidence.

Political Hack
11-16-2014, 07:57 AM
I thought they got it right, but I didn' see a conclusive angle on the replay. The combination of all of them looked like he got in, but I would hate to be convicted of anything based on that kind of evidence.

no kidding. He "probably" got in is a hell of a reason to lose a #1 ranking.