PDA

View Full Version : Is there a chance a 10-2 Bama team making it to the final 4?

Bully13
11-14-2014, 10:15 PM
I'm worried about the officiating for tomorrow's game. I still have memories of our game in the ATL vs UT.

I know the SEC would love to have us and Bamer in the final 4. But that probably is not realistic thinking is it?

Everybody knows that if we win tomorrow, We go to Atlanta. At that point, the SEC knows they have a team in the final 4, provided we take care of bidness in the ATL.

But do they want that? Of course they would rather have Bamer there than us. and Bamer probably has a better shot at beating AU at home than we have at beating the bears in oxfart. but wait, paidwell is out and softie is questionable. that's no longer a given is it?

I'm just hoping the SEC power brokers are thinking that hey, MSU is undefeated, let's have a fairly called game and lets let the best team prevail and move on. If MSU wins, they remain # 1 and undefeated and maybe with a little luck with some other teams losing, we may get lucky with 2 SEC teams in the final 4.

I'm just hoping like hell the SEC doesn't pull some stupid dishonest bullshit tomorrow. Hopefully they see that if MSU wins a fairly officiated game, that may just be the only hope of the SEC putting 2 teams in the final 4.

FlabLoser
11-14-2014, 10:22 PM
No. Check Head To Head's twitter feed.

Wyatt did a remarkable job of explaining what the committee has done to date and why. In short, they value quality wins and if you lose it has better be a quality loss.

Here - watch this..

http://www.supertalk.fm/playoff-committee-clues-see-the-pattern/

Dawgface
11-14-2014, 11:20 PM
No, bama fatigue would do them in.

CJDAWG85
11-15-2014, 12:34 AM
If they beat Aub, Oregon loses, TCU loses, and we beat OM. There's a chance.

Quaoarsking
11-15-2014, 01:42 AM
Theoretically, if Alabama loses to us and then beats Auburn they would probably be the top 10-2 team in the committee's eyes. So if enough 1-loss teams lose, it's possible.

But it's not very likely, just because a lot of teams will have to lose. For example, it's pretty unlikely that Florida State will pick up 2 losses or that Ohio State would lose again. TCU is also unlikely to pick up another loss.

TUSK
11-15-2014, 01:51 AM
Theoretically, if Alabama loses to us and then beats Auburn they would probably be the top 10-2 team in the committee's eyes. So if enough 1-loss teams lose, it's possible.

But it's not very likely, just because a lot of teams will have to lose. For example, it's pretty unlikely that Florida State will pick up 2 losses or that Ohio State would lose again. TCU is also unlikely to pick up another loss.

^^ this is correct ^^

I seen it dawg
11-15-2014, 10:42 AM
**** Bama. They ****ing gone after the beat down they will take today.

Offshore Dawg
11-15-2014, 11:00 AM
I don't see any 2 loss teams being in the playoff's no matter who it is.