PDA

View Full Version : While we are hating on ESPN and others for not respecting us...

Statefan
11-14-2014, 01:46 PM
What is this nonsense?

Playoff impact: Who wants to be in the College Football Playoff's top four? That's the question, really. Because if Mississippi State loses, there's a good chance the Bulldogs nosedive from No. 1. After all, you'd be looking at a team with one loss that in the last month struggled to beat unranked Kentucky and Arkansas. Alabama, on the other hand, would be poised to move from No. 5 to as high as No. 2. With a win, the Crimson Tide would be riding a five-game winning streak that includes wins over teams that at the time they faced them ranked No. 21, No. 16 and No. 1 in the country.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/93407/alabama-vs-mississippi-state-primer

I CANNOT WAIT til we win this game

Political Hack
11-14-2014, 01:58 PM
so a win against us is very impressive for Bama, but if we lose we're not that impressive. Got it.

I think the committee is less than stellar so far, but thank the good Lord above the media isn't controlling the playoffs.

bankerdawg
11-14-2014, 02:28 PM
I can't get over how they leave out Bama only beating Ark by 1 point.

LC Dawg
11-14-2014, 02:53 PM
What is this nonsense?

Playoff impact: Who wants to be in the College Football Playoff's top four? That's the question, really. Because if Mississippi State loses, there's a good chance the Bulldogs nosedive from No. 1. After all, you'd be looking at a team with one loss that in the last month struggled to beat unranked Kentucky and Arkansas. Alabama, on the other hand, would be poised to move from No. 5 to as high as No. 2. With a win, the Crimson Tide would be riding a five-game winning streak that includes wins over teams that at the time they faced them ranked No. 21, No. 16 and No. 1 in the country.

http://espn.go.com/blog/sec/post/_/id/93407/alabama-vs-mississippi-state-primer

I CANNOT WAIT til we win this game

I don't really think ESPN as a whole is biased towards any one team or conference but they can't complain when they are accused of it because they pay people to write shit like this.

Bubb Rubb
11-14-2014, 03:01 PM
so a win against us is very impressive for Bama, but if we lose we're not that impressive. Got it.

I think the committee is less than stellar so far, but thank the good Lord above the media isn't controlling the playoffs.

The committee has set a precedent with Ole Miss. They only dropped from 2 to 4 after losing to LSU. With us being higher ranked and playing a better team, I don't see any way we would drop out of the top 4 with a loss. It's not going to matter because I don't think we lose anyway.

M.Fillmore
11-14-2014, 03:12 PM
Why is a 7 point win over UPig a terrible win but Bama's 1 point win over UPig is okay (when the pigs missed a PAT)?

sandwolf
11-14-2014, 04:29 PM
The committee has set a precedent with Ole Miss. They only dropped from 2 to 4 after losing to LSU. With us being higher ranked and playing a better team, I don't see any way we would drop out of the top 4 with a loss. It's not going to matter because I don't think we lose anyway.

If we do lose, we have to do so in a respectable manner. If we get blown out, then we will drop from the top 4.