PDA

View Full Version : WMD's Keys to Victory.....

War Machine Dawg
11-14-2014, 10:03 AM
Gents, the Big Red Elephants Edition of Keys to Victory is available at FWTCT (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/football/2014/11/14/7213283/mississippi-state-vs-alabama-wmd-keys-to-victory-big-red-elephants-edition). You know the drill by now. Let's talk beating the Red Pachyderms!

ShotgunDawg
11-14-2014, 10:13 AM
Good stuff. I am desperately hoping that the refs will call this game fairly. Pretty sad that we have to worry about such things.

archdog
11-14-2014, 10:29 AM
Gents, the Big Red Elephants Edition of Keys to Victory is available at FWTCT (http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/football/2014/11/14/7213283/mississippi-state-vs-alabama-wmd-keys-to-victory-big-red-elephants-edition). You know the drill by now. Let's talk beating the Red Pachyderms!

Bama was definitely coached to start that scuffle at the end of the LSU game. Too many of their players got chippy at the same exact time to force LSU's guy to draw a flag. IF they start this crap, just laugh in their face and punch them in the mouth on the next play. Saban overstepped when he instructed his team to do this. I am surprised Miles didn't bring this up this week.

drunkernhelldawg
11-14-2014, 11:41 AM
Good stuff. I am desperately hoping that the refs will call this game fairly. Pretty sad that we have to worry about such things.
Th
I have to at least start the day believing that the game will be called. I do think they'll call everything, and it'll be hard not to hold Cooper sometimes. Last week, we saw Alabama win largely because of a call. But the action of the player in that play is an automatic call. They're not supposed to take game situation into account, as every football fan would have preferred on that play.
The other thing we can't have is missed opportunities. Get em to third down, we have to get the stop. Get the ball inside their 30, points have to result. I have a lot of faith in our coaches and our players. The game is ours to win or lose, imo.

1bigdawg
11-14-2014, 01:15 PM
Bama was definitely coached to start that scuffle at the end of the LSU game. Too many of their players got chippy at the same exact time to force LSU's guy to draw a flag. IF they start this crap, just laugh in their face and punch them in the mouth on the next play. Saban overstepped when he instructed his team to do this. I am surprised Miles didn't bring this up this week.

I agree Archdog. The worst that could happen to Bama was half the distance, 3 yards. It put LSU in a bad situation.

War Machine Dawg
11-14-2014, 01:18 PM

We can hope, for sure. But I'm definitely not expecting it. I was hoping Bama would have at least 2 losses by now and be out of the West race. But with them still very much in it, I think the SEC office will have given the refs their marching orders on Saturday. And those orders will be to make sure we job to Bama if at all possible. We're going to have to win by a wide enough margin that the refs can't effect the outcome.

drunkernhelldawg
11-14-2014, 01:38 PM
We can hope, for sure. But I'm definitely not expecting it. I was hoping Bama would have at least 2 losses by now and be out of the West race. But with them still very much in it, I think the SEC office will have given the refs their marching orders on Saturday. And those orders will be to make sure we job to Bama if at all possible. We're going to have to win by a wide enough margin that the refs can't effect the outcome.

I think it's unbelievable that the central idea of your thread is that the refs will decide the game. I just ain't buying that. If it happens, I'll be outraged, but how the hell does that become the most important "key" to victory? It reminds me of the mindset that blames the media for its own bad performance. Bottom line is that we're going to win the game by making more plays than they do. Or if we don't do that . . .

War Machine Dawg
11-14-2014, 10:56 PM
Friday night bump.

maroonmania
11-14-2014, 11:38 PM

Yep, Miles is all worried about Day stepping on someone that had no real impact on a game but makes no public comments on an obvious orchestrated scrum by Bama players that ended up DIRECTLY impacting the outcome of the game.

Bully13
11-14-2014, 11:51 PM
I think it's unbelievable that the central idea of your thread is that the refs will decide the game. I just ain't buying that. If it happens, I'll be outraged, but how the hell does that become the most important "key" to victory? It reminds me of the mindset that blames the media for its own bad performance. Bottom line is that we're going to win the game by making more plays than they do. Or if we don't do that . . .

I think it is unbelievable that you don't think power brokers have the ability to have the final say in the outcomes of things. on 2nd thought, based on what you say on the other board, I understand you delusion. go re-watch our game vs UT in the ATL and re-think your opinion maybe. Your delusional loyalty to centralized authority remains intact it appears.

War Machine Dawg
11-15-2014, 12:14 AM
I think it is unbelievable that you don't think power brokers have the ability to have the final say in the outcomes of things. on 2nd thought, based on what you say on the other board, I understand you delusion. go re-watch our game vs UT in the ATL and re-think your opinion maybe. Your delusional loyalty to centralized authority remains intact it appears.

Not to mention I spent 6 of my 7 keys talking about things other than the refs. And the refs were only a small part of the mental toughness point. We've definitely seen them steal games from us and others. Hell, look at '99 Bama and the "holding" during Pig Prather's punt return.

Also, "y'all" control the direction of these threads, not me. I just jump in and talk about whatever you guys are. In this case, y'all wanted to talk about the refs. Personally, I'd have loved for this thread to go in the direction of talking about being physical or our need to #RTDF.

TUSK
11-15-2014, 12:32 AM

sweet

baby

jesus