View Full Version : Anybody else think this could be Chris Jones spotlight game?

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2014, 09:39 AM
He is supposed to primarily play DE. This could be a big game if he can cause havok especially with Robinson coming back from injury.

engie
11-14-2014, 09:43 AM
He is supposed to primarily play DE. This could be a big game if he can cause havok especially with Robinson coming back from injury.

Yes. Not necessarily to be seen on a stat sheet though.

He/Preston are going to try to keep Sims in the pocket -- and try to bat down all of his short junk and screen passes. Probably won't sack Sims much A) because he gets rid of it quick on short stuff and B) because he's been a one-read QB that takes off as soon as that read isn't there... Second-hardest guy to sack in the league behind Marshall...

msstate7
11-14-2014, 09:49 AM
Yes. Not necessarily to be seen on a stat sheet though.

He/Preston are going to try to keep Sims in the pocket -- and try to bat down all of his short junk and screen passes. Probably won't sack Sims much A) because he gets rid of it quick on short stuff and B) because he's been a one-read QB that takes off as soon as that read isn't there... Second-hardest guy to sack in the league behind Marshall...

We got Marshall twice which is 25% of his total sack total (8 all year). If we get sims 2 times, we'll have done well imo

jumbo
11-14-2014, 10:13 AM
I look for Beniquez Brown to have a monster game. He played very well against them last year, and this will be his first time to play Bama in Bama.

Coach 57
11-14-2014, 08:28 PM
I love Chris, but he'll be better served in this game at DT or a 1b DE. You must've forgotten about Ryan Brown. That guy is THE guy next year at DE after Preston leaves. And I concur with Jumbo here. Benny will have an awesome game.

Political Hack
11-14-2014, 08:34 PM
I love Chris, but he'll be better served in this game at DT or a 1b DE. You must've forgotten about Ryan Brown. That guy is THE guy next year at DE after Preston leaves. And I concur with Jumbo here. Benny will have an awesome game.

agree with Ryan Brown beig a beast. when he came out I said the kid was stump ripping strong, still believe that.

Coach34
11-14-2014, 08:39 PM
Yeah- Smith and Brown are both better than Jones at DE right now

Political Hack
11-14-2014, 09:02 PM
Yeah- Smith and Brown are both better than Jones at DE right now

generally I agree, but this game it may be good to have 3-4 type DE.

Todd4State
11-14-2014, 09:18 PM
I've always liked Jones better at DE because he has the ability to legitimately rush the passer. He's rare in that he can play anywhere on the D-line in college. I think a lot of people see 305 and think- DT. But he's just a freak athlete.