PDA

View Full Version : The way I see this game going

gravedigger
11-13-2014, 09:08 PM
First of all, I'm not seeing a scoring fest. But I think that is probably true of most of you.

I see both teams scoring in ways they hadn't counted on.

I see (possibly)a safety, a couple of field goals. Possibly a punt block or punt return.

At the end of the first quarter I see us in the lead 7-3.

I see us behind at half 17-7. Due to one of those crazy plays and maybe a sustained drive by bama.

I see us closing the gap in the 3rd quarter with a sustained drive. making it 20-14 bama.

I see us scoring on a big play to make it 21-20

I see bama making a furious effort to score at the end but coming up short with an interception or a fumble near, but just outside, our redzone.

Don't know why. Just the way I see it.

If we take them in this game, it will be because bama's qb, who hasn't had problems throwing INT's or fumbling, not recovering mentally because of a critical error that we capitalize on.

I also see us icing the game away with a sustained drive.

TUSK
11-13-2014, 11:45 PM
First of all, I'm not seeing a scoring fest. But I think that is probably true of most of you.

I see both teams scoring in ways they hadn't counted on.

I see (possibly)a safety, a couple of field goals. Possibly a punt block or punt return.

At the end of the first quarter I see us in the lead 7-3.

I see us behind at half 17-7. Due to one of those crazy plays and maybe a sustained drive by bama.

I see us closing the gap in the 3rd quarter with a sustained drive. making it 20-14 bama.

I see us scoring on a big play to make it 21-20

I see bama making a furious effort to score at the end but coming up short with an interception or a fumble near, but just outside, our redzone.

Don't know why. Just the way I see it.

If we take them in this game, it will be because bama's qb, who hasn't had problems throwing INT's or fumbling, not recovering mentally because of a critical error that we capitalize on.

I also see us icing the game away with a sustained drive.

dude, you and I are gonna be back at my place in time to see My Dark Lord tell Coker to take a knee (on TV).

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2014, 11:48 PM
dude, you and I are gonna be back at my place in time to see My Dark Lord tell Coker to take a knee (on TV).

Coker huh?

So you think it's a blow out?

With all this being said, this is the first game, in my memory, that a significant portion each fanbase believes this game will be a blow out in their favor; (i.e. 14 point or more win.)

It's a strange build up to a game, and genuinely shows how no can quite pin down what will happen. It seems that Bama fans point to recruiting rankings and history, while also ignoring recent performance, while MSU fans point to performance and matchups and seem to completely ignore history and recruiting rankings.

It will be interesting for sure.

cheewgumm
11-13-2014, 11:53 PM
I think Sims throws at least one pick. He stares down Cooper coming out of the tunnel.

Bama is gonna be beat from
Playing LSU... So I think it will take them some time to warm up.

I think in a nutshell that we score mo readily on their D than they do on ours, and we eventually outscore them.

SDDawg
11-13-2014, 11:58 PM
Dude, I hope it's Coker. That means we fed Sims to Chris Jones early in the game and TUSK can choke back the tears with the rest of the 15/85% (not sure which group it's in). LOW TIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

TUSK
11-14-2014, 12:00 AM
Coker huh?

So you think it's a blow out?

With all this being said, this is the first game, in my memory, that a significant portion each fanbase believes this game will be a blow out in their favor; (i.e. 14 point or more win.)

It's a strange build up to a game, and genuinely shows how no can quite pin down what will happen. It seems that Bama fans point to recruiting rankings and history, while also ignoring recent performance, while MSU fans point to performance and matchups and seem to completely ignore history and recruiting rankings.

It will be interesting for sure.

that's an excellent summary. I don't think history has any bearing on this game (beyond recruiting)...

MSU will come in JACKED UP! I think if bama can weather the storm early, they've a great shot....

MSU cannot afford to get behind early... they will get buried... likewise Bama can't afford multiple early TOs for MSU scores (ala auburn) and hope to win...

shoeless joe
11-14-2014, 07:51 AM
I see this game being 0-0 at kickoff.

I see myself being extremely pissed at some point. But also being extremely pumped at other times.

I see myself screaming about how the refs have it fixed for bama after a bad call forgetting that earlier in the game they made just as bad a call in our favor.

Crystal ball just broke so I can't see anything else...