PDA

View Full Version : If Yeldon is limping in Wednesday drills, is there any real chance he plays Saturday?

AlmostPositive
11-13-2014, 08:28 PM
I would guess it's just misdirection from Saban, who says TJ is "doing well." I'm guessing he sits for sixty minutes.

Their running backs hardly matter anyway. Cooper is the concern.
If I were Mullen I would want him and their QB hit early, often and HARD. Very hard.

Gary Danielson expects Cooper to go for 200 yards. I expect him to be on sideline trying to follow fingers and figure out who's the President.

No matter who plays for them, State wins this game.

TUSK
11-13-2014, 08:33 PM
I think you're right about Yeldon... his game (when he's not coughing it up inside the 5) is based on cutting hard...

a second injury to his ankle doesn't bode well... We're down to #3 & #4 RBs Henry and Tenpenny...

edit: TJ Yeldon is hurt.... Amari Cooper is ok.... not sure if typo, there.

msstate7
11-13-2014, 08:35 PM
The screen pass to yeldon scares me more than him straight running it. I really don't want him playing

TUSK
11-13-2014, 08:37 PM
The screen pass to yeldon scares me more than him straight running it. I really don't want him playing

like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0uCfZ98vf4

we gonna need/miss him....

Coach34
11-13-2014, 08:39 PM
I expect Yeldon to play but he will be about 75%- which isnt good enough for a guy like him that relies on quickness and cutting ability. Bama was going to struggle against our front 7 anyway though.

We're going to be up on Bammer 14-0 early in the 2nd Q and once again mf'ers around the country are going to be "dayum, Miss State is for real"

msstate7
11-13-2014, 08:40 PM
like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0uCfZ98vf4

we gonna need/miss him....

Yeah like that. Bama runs the rb screen as well as any college team I've seen.

msstate7
11-13-2014, 08:41 PM
I expect Yeldon to play but he will be about 75%- which isnt good enough for a guy like him that relies on quickness and cutting ability. Bama was going to struggle against our front 7 anyway though.

We're going to be up on Bammer 14-0 early in the 2nd Q and once again mf'ers around the country are going to be "dayum, Miss State is for real"

Please be right

TUSK
11-13-2014, 08:42 PM

Coach, do you expect long, double digit play drives? or are you leaning more to "big plays/special teams" type scores?

Bammer's prone to allowing big plays but has been pretty good about not allowing true "drives"...

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2014, 08:43 PM
He will play.

AlmostPositive
11-13-2014, 08:45 PM
[QUOTE= TJ Yeldon is hurt.... Amari Cooper is ok.... not sure if typo, there.[/QUOTE]

Yes, thanks... I meant TJ .. fixed it the original post to avoid confusion.

Maroons
11-13-2014, 08:59 PM
Their running backs hardly matter anyway. Cooper is the concern.

I disagree with this somewhat. Cooper can go off for 175, but if they can't run consistently, we win the game. Hopefully we make them one-dimensional, just like everybody else we've played.

Covercorner2
11-13-2014, 09:07 PM
Saban says he isn't sure if Yeldon will have his usual explosiveness:

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2014/11/live_updates_from_nick_sabans_36.html

AlmostPositive
11-13-2014, 09:20 PM
I disagree with this somewhat. Cooper can go off for 175, but if they can't run consistently, we win the game. Hopefully we make them one-dimensional, just like everybody else we've played.

I didn't word that well. What I meant was who plays running back for them doesn't matter. Henry is very good, and there are probably a couple more 5-star backups waiting their turn. I agree with you that is State shuts down their running game, a big day from Cooper doesn't necessarily mean the game turns on it.

Coach34
11-13-2014, 09:27 PM
Coach, do you expect long, double digit play drives? or are you leaning more to "big plays/special teams" type scores?

Bammer's prone to allowing big plays but has been pretty good about not allowing true "drives"...

Expecting 6-7 play type drives. Hard to drive 10+ vs Saban

HoopsDawg
11-13-2014, 09:31 PM

We are going to come out throwing like crazy. Dak will be looking for DeRunnya Wilson, Lewis, and Malcom Johnson down the field. Then we will try and work J-Rob later in the 1st half.

stalkingpoon
11-13-2014, 09:32 PM
Expecting 6-7 play type drives. Hard to drive 10+ vs Saban

It's gonna be hard to have 10+ play drives when we are RTGDF all over the field with Dak and JRob for 8-9 a carry. They better find a way to ground Bear Force One or it's gonna be a long day for the Bammers.

msstate7
11-13-2014, 09:43 PM
We are going to come out throwing like crazy. Dak will be looking for DeRunnya Wilson, Lewis, and Malcom Johnson down the field. Then we will try and work J-Rob later in the 1st half.

This has certainly been the pattern. Should we shake it up this week?

Todd4State
11-13-2014, 09:50 PM
This has certainly been the pattern. Should we shake it up this week?

I bet we stay with it. I think the reason we come out throwing is because our opponents are daring us to beat them throwing- and we usually do. Then once they back out of the box, then we start to run it more and more.

Jack Lambert
11-14-2014, 09:14 AM
As many time Bama has fumbled this season I would like to see Yeldon playing at 70%.

Tbonewannabe
11-14-2014, 09:43 AM
I bet he plays early then they pull him. Our front 7 is not someone you run at with a banged up RB.

chainedup_Dawg
11-14-2014, 10:42 AM
Just got an ESPN notification, Saban says he'll play "but how explosive he'll be remains to be seen".

Doesn't seem like he is himself