PDA

View Full Version : Against Bama do we see a lot more HUNH than we have previously?

DancingRabbit
11-13-2014, 04:31 PM
It seems like we went up tempo against LSU more than we have since then. I think we did in spots against Auburn and aTm. Those games seem so long ago now, I can't remember for sure.

Jack Lambert
11-13-2014, 05:07 PM
I think we will do both. We have the offense to do both. Bama doesn't have the defense or offense to do both. They are not built for it. I think if Mullen sees Bama Defender with hands on hips he speeds up and not give them a chance to sub.

Johnson85
11-13-2014, 05:26 PM
It seems like we went up tempo against LSU more than we have since then. I think we did in spots against Auburn and aTm. Those games seem so long ago now, I can't remember for sure.

I think it will be situational. The downside to HUNH is that if you do it a series or two and are unsuccessful, you've really put your defense in a bind, leaving them ont he field with basically no break. Being on the road, not sure you want to risk that. Plus, we're good enough to beat them without it and Mullen may not want to get away from what the team is used to and what it's been successful at.

But if we have early success and their defense has their hands on their hips, I could definitely see us speeding up. He tried to put the foot on Auburns neck with the fake punt call. Wasn't a big fan of that but I did like how he stayed aggressive. Would love to get the option to stay aggressive with a 14 point first half lead this week.

msstate7
11-13-2014, 05:29 PM
I just don't wanna huddle so they can't sub. Just be at the line in case they try