PDA

View Full Version : Ole Miss' 2016 Schedule has a chance to be hilarious

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2014, 03:19 PM
After losing Tunsil, Nkemasdflk, Conner, Treadwell, and maybe Engram Ole Miss will have to run this gauntlet.

FSU in Orlando
Georgia
At Vandy
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M
Arkansas
MSU
Memphis
Woffard
Georgia Southern

Jack Lambert
11-13-2014, 03:29 PM
I think a healthy Ole Miss would whipp old FSU this year.

FlabLoser
11-13-2014, 03:34 PM
09/05 - FSU
09/10 - Memphis
09/17 - Wofford
10/08 - Georgia Southern

Memphis often gives Ole Miss trouble even if they are awful this year. Anyway, 5-day turnaround from FSU to play Memphis.

Aces High
11-13-2014, 03:39 PM
I think a healthy Ole Miss would whipp old FSU this year.

Ole Miss would beat FSU by 17 this year....

FlabLoser
11-13-2014, 03:42 PM
I've only watched one FSU game. But I saw every time Winston was under pressure, he made crazy throws. A defense than can rush the QB can beat FSU. Hell, Louisville almost beat FSU.

SDDawg
11-13-2014, 04:15 PM
Could be that Ole Miss would beat FSU. Might also be that FSU would blow their doors off, hard to say in my opinion. "A healthy OM" means nothing to me because you're supposed to stay healthy and if you don't should have the depth to manage it effectively. When we didn't last year, no one said that they'd give us a pass for it. I'll put the SEC flag down on this one and assume that OM is going to be in trouble in 2016, Woofard & GA Southern look pretty solid though.

codeDawg
11-13-2014, 04:18 PM
After losing Tunsil, Nkemasdflk, Conner, Treadwell, and maybe Engram Ole Miss will have to run this gauntlet.

FSU in Orlando
Georgia
At Vandy
Alabama
Auburn
LSU
Texas A&M
Arkansas
MSU
Memphis
Woffard
Georgia Southern

Don't forget all the non-3 year guys including: CJ, Ward, Gross, Bell, Morris, Cooper, Core. Recruiting after their big year has not kept up to replace those guys on top of the 3-year guys.

Not to mention, who is going to be the QB? Neither of the guys I saw in cleanup duty Saturday are going to get the job done? Does Kenny Hill need some heppin'?

Memphis is going to be a really good team in two years is Fuente doesn't bolt. Georgia Southern might beat them. They are not a bad team. They are 8-2 against the spread this year too.

Johnson85
11-13-2014, 04:22 PM
09/05 - FSU
09/10 - Memphis
09/17 - Wofford
10/08 - Georgia Southern

Who knows who will be good in 2016, but having 3 of your OOC games over by Sept. 17th is likely going to be tough. Granted it should help that their permanent East opponent is Vandy, who looks like they might have to spend a while as the Vandy of old before they can get a new coach, but as tough as the SEC West has gotten, it's going to be very important to teams in the West moving forward to have their 3 gimme OOC games and bye spread throughout the season.

Thick
11-13-2014, 04:44 PM
Damn they play one away game and one neutral site game.....interesting.

Rick Danko
11-13-2014, 05:25 PM
Georgia Southern might beat them???? Cmon man....

codeDawg
11-13-2014, 05:34 PM

They are 8-2 and they lost to 8-2 GT by 4. They have beat the mess out of almost everyone else. They hung 83 on poor, little, ole Savannah State. That is a pretty good football team. Look at the list of starting players UM is losing after next year and look at how Memphis handled them this year. That's not going to be a gimme game.

Johnson85
11-13-2014, 05:55 PM
They are 8-2 and they lost to 8-2 GT by 4. They have beat the mess out of almost everyone else. They hung 83 on poor, little, ole Savannah State. That is a pretty good football team. Look at the list of starting players UM is losing after next year and look at how Memphis handled them this year. That's not going to be a gimme game.

Two years out both teams will be mostly different players. Look at how many of UM's current contributors weren't contributing much two years ago. Basically every true and redshirt sophomore. Um will likely have a drop off of high end talent, but there will be some true sophomores and JUCo's that weren't on campus this year as well as some upper classment that are either redshirting or role players this year. And while they might have a dropoff at the high end talent, surely in year 5 Freeze will have a little bit of depth and a more complete team than they have now.

On the flip side, how likely is it that Ga Southern will maintain their team at a high level for another two years after this one?

MaxedOutMaroon
11-13-2014, 09:09 PM
Don't understand their OOC schedule. If I'm not mistaken, both Wofford (for a fact) and Ga So run some form of the triple option. How does that benefit a) preparation for SEC b) playoff resume

Coach34
11-13-2014, 09:15 PM
Ole Miss would beat FSU by 17 this year....

No...just no...Ole Missus is going to finish 8-4

Coach34
11-13-2014, 09:17 PM

Ga Southern beat Florida last year. Hell yeah they could beat them. Ga Southern has a great program

M.Fillmore
11-13-2014, 09:24 PM
Not to mention, who is going to be the QB? Neither of the guys I saw in cleanup duty Saturday are going to get the job done?

You can be assured that the QB will not be a High School recruit. The Bears haven't started a High School QB signee since Michael Spurlock. That is what, 10 years? Got to be a very weird record.

Todd4State
11-13-2014, 09:34 PM
I think the reason Georgia Southern has a lot of success with what they do is in season it's hard to prepare for that type of offense in one week. Defenses have to be very disciplined against it. That and Georgia Southern is darn good at running that offense.

Sam&DeansDawg
11-14-2014, 10:31 AM
I hope we get FSU in the playoffs just to be the ones to kick them out.

Whoever said Memphis is terrible this year is wrong. This is the best season they've had since they had Williams IMO. They're not in comparison to an SECW team but they have done well.

FlabLoser
11-14-2014, 10:41 AM
I hope we get FSU too. We would drill them. Winston doesn't like pressure and their defense is not an SEC defense. That's all I need to know. It wouldn't be close.

codeDawg
11-14-2014, 11:01 AM
Ga Southern beat Florida last year. Hell yeah they could beat them. Ga Southern has a great program

They are likely to win the Sunbelt this year and despite not being bowl eligible b/c it's their first year in FBS, they may be selected for Cotton, Peach, or Fiesta Bowl if bowl eligibilities work out for them. They are in a rich recruiting area and the triple option can be tough if you have young guys not playing assignments correctly. That's going to be a rebuilding year for UM with young talent playing. It's not going to be an easy game for UM.

codeDawg
11-14-2014, 03:00 PM
They are likely to win the Sunbelt this year and despite not being bowl eligible b/c it's their first year in FBS, they may be selected for Cotton, Peach, or Fiesta Bowl if bowl eligibilities work out for them. They are in a rich recruiting area and the triple option can be tough if you have young guys not playing assignments correctly. That's going to be a rebuilding year for UM with young talent playing. It's not going to be an easy game for UM.

...and right on schedule: Grantland's Eagles Stay Grounded: Meet Georgia Southern, New Terror of the Sun Belt (http://grantland.com/the-triangle/eagles-stay-grounded-meet-georgia-southern-new-terror-of-the-sun-belt/)