PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Hill honoring Keffer McGee

LC Dawg
11-13-2014, 12:13 PM
http://cdispatch.com/sports/article.asp?aid=38017

I've never heard this before. Pretty awesome.

Maroonthirteen
11-13-2014, 12:27 PM
Good article. Getting a little dusty in here.

Brahmabull
11-13-2014, 12:30 PM
Keffer was awesome!

BeastMan
11-13-2014, 12:34 PM
Freaking awesome article by Walker. He's doing a great job on the beat. Seems like folks proffered to complain about Stevens than they do follow Walker's work. Again, excellent article

MSUDawg4Life
11-13-2014, 12:37 PM
Wow. Really good story.

West Houston Dog
11-13-2014, 12:37 PM
MAYBE the most impressive back I have seen at MSU in his very short playing time (his soph year when he got injured).

But the greatest tragedy with his drowning was losing the fine young man he was. We need more young men like him in our troubled world. The two things I will always remember with his death was hearing the news while up on vacation at the Lake of the Ozarks. STUNNED is the word that applies. And the other thing , I will never never never forget, was seeing the devastated, grief stricken Jackie Sherrill being interviewed. I will never forget Jackie's face......

RIP Keffer and hear hear to Brandon for looking up to and living up to a fine young man who we lost way to early..........

Thick
11-13-2014, 12:43 PM
Damn, is someone cutting onions???

ScoobaDawg
11-13-2014, 12:57 PM
Awesome article and so glad that story got to be told. We are learning more about how special all of our players are every day.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-13-2014, 01:37 PM
I could be wrong, but I think Hill's mom was in Keffer's class in High School and that's part of the reason he was around him growing up.

Pokerdawg44
11-13-2014, 03:23 PM
We were in Atlanta for the peach bowl. My dad bought me a msu helmet and toook me to the team hotel and I started getting autographs. Being a 10 year old I didn't really know who Keffer was due to Michael Davis and Kevin Bouie being Srs. So im walking around getting autographs and Keffer is signing my helmet and while he's signing it, his friend/teammate is saying "hey little man, this is Keffer Mcgee, the future of this program and a future all American. Look out for this guy". Afterwards I asked my dad about Keffer and he told me he was freshman but is supposed to be our starting rb next yr. Then in the peach bowl he made a GREAT play on a screen pass to him and remember saying to myself, wow he is good. Of course the next season we weren't very good but Keffer was a 1 man show. Then his jr year he was just killing it. I remember I was at Houston's restaurant on poplar in memphis for my gmas bday and I was sitting in the bar area watching us play SC and down he goes. I was DEVASTATED. I also remember the exact place I was when my dad called and told me Keffer had passed. I cried and cried. Til this day, keffer is one of all time favorites. I can only imagine what his career would had been if he hadn't gotten hurt or had the swimming accident. Sky was the limit. RIP Keffer

Jack Lambert
11-13-2014, 03:28 PM
Just think if we hd both JJ Johson and McGee that year and the year after.

bulldawg28
11-13-2014, 03:59 PM
All of this says it's our time.