PDA

View Full Version : I'll just leave this here.....take your BP mess first if that applies

Dawgowar
11-13-2014, 07:49 AM
Rhttp://http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-11-12/first-and-10-is-mississippi-state-best-team-alabama-oregon-fsu-tcu-baylor-debate-bob-stoops-oklahoma-twitter-everett-golson?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter (http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/story/2014-11-12/first-and-10-is-mississippi-state-best-team-alabama-oregon-fsu-tcu-baylor-debate-bob-stoops-oklahoma-twitter-everett-golson?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter)

msstate7
11-13-2014, 08:09 AM
Not working for me.

Summary? We suck?

woozman
11-13-2014, 08:13 AM
"HAYES: Buckeyes are hottest — and maybe best — team right now".....Stopped reading here...

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2014, 08:24 AM
The higher you climb up the flag pole, the more people can see your ass

This is just part of being in the title race and being the target of people with an agenda.

It means nothing. Just keep winning

Coach34
11-13-2014, 08:25 AM
Saturday will open more eyes and make believers out of the rest

msstate7
11-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Saturday will open more eyes and make believers out of the rest

I think if we get to the championship game undefeated, we'll still over half the media knocking us.

starkvegasdawg
11-13-2014, 08:30 AM
Safe to say the shine has been rubbed off our season with the national media. It's like they all woke up and realized they were all pulling for MSU and had a collective WTF moment and started scrambling to backtrack. We have got to beat Alabama Saturday. We thought we had respect but now it is gone. Beat Alabama and we might get it back, but something tells me that even if we do then all we'll hear is the SEC is down this season. I am not convinced there is zero scenario that the SEC gets two teams in the playoffs. No way it happens. Whoever wins the SEC west will get in. And I'll make another bold statement. If the SEC champion has 2+ losses then there will be more than a murmur to leave the conference out all together. I honestly think there is that much anti SEC bias in the nation. Nothing would make the rest of the college football world happier than to see the high and mighty SEC left out. We need to win Saturday and we need to win badly. I think people are just waiting for a reason to drop us down in the polls like they are FSU due to all their off the field fiascos. They don't think we belong here in the elite levels of college football. They don't like it. Some have said we can sustain one loss. I am not so sure anymore. If we lose to Alabama I think they drop us to 5th or 6th. Beating Vandy will do nothing for us. If we beat TSUN that might move us up one notch if we are 6th to 5th. Then we would have to hope that Auburn beat Alabama to give us a shot at the SECCG. We would have to hope that UGA wins the east and we play them. We beat them that would be the 6th ranked team we played and give us a 5-1 record. That might, just might, jump us back to 4th if no one else loses a game.

Sorry to be so negative but after every article I have seen come out be so negative...almost every bowl projection keeping us out of the playoffs...all these articles of Mullen is leaving because he has no desire to be at MSU...it is obvious the world is mad we are where we are and are just waiting for a chance to put us back where they think we belong. We can't give them that chance.

MabenMaroon
11-13-2014, 08:33 AM
Well what do you expect from someone who has maybe only seen highlights of our games on sports center or fox sports show before they cut away to NFL talk. He is just taking that little bit of knowledge combined with our history and has come up with a predictive conclusion to the season for us. Sometime in December he will write an article glorifying our season and list all the reasons for it happening ( none of which will be true or accurate ) and then state that he had seen this coming from a mile away. Lazy "journalists" submit poorly written, fact less, lazy articles.
You will see the same, with few exceptions in most any national type publication or article. The only ones you see that will be different are ones that have actually attended some of our games this season ( ie; SI and they most primarily post the results and do very little prognostication ).

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2014, 08:34 AM
You guys have to remember that not as many people like us as you may think, especially Big 10 teams. For years, their motto has been, the SEC is top heavy, and the Big 10, Big 12, and Pac 12 have just has good of teams once you get past Alabama and LSU.

We have been a great story this season, but when we win on Saturday, we really upset the apple cart because it will turn people biased against the SEC's world upside down.

MSU has been a nice story, but when we win on Saturday, for some, the reality will set in that their time in the spotlight is over. The thought will no longer be, "Wow, MSU is playing well and is a nice story."

The thought will be, "Why can MSU build a better program than Michigan, Ohio State, Notre Dame, and Penn State."

The reality of that question is not something the northern media wants to address

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2014, 08:44 AM
Also, keep in mind that, in the story, he call us a top 5 team. He thinks we are good but can't accept the reality because of the other questions it raises about the future of his favored programs and his own childhood

FISHDAWG
11-13-2014, 08:46 AM
"HAYES: Buckeyes are hottest ? and maybe best ? team right now".....Stopped reading here...

you must have read further than I did

codeDawg
11-13-2014, 09:05 AM
I think if we get to the championship game undefeated, we'll still over half the media knocking us.

It will be worse. The #SECBIAS guys will be out in full force. The Pac-12 or ACC or Big 12 or whatever media will be coming out of the woodwork screaming UAB!!! Arkansas!!!! Pass defense!!!!

RossDawg82
11-13-2014, 09:17 AM
We all need to tweet this guy until he publically apologizes after we beat Bama. I hate these people who think just because we have been unsuccessful in a recent years as compared to this year, we are not a good team. **** him!!!!

DudyDawg
11-13-2014, 09:17 AM
I stopped after he said we beat an Lsu team who was lost and an A&M team that was beat up. Uhhh wasn't their only player missing the slot guy? That sounds oddly similar to what we had out that game

BulldogBear
11-13-2014, 09:56 AM
It will be worse. The #SECBIAS guys will be out in full force. The Pac-12 or ACC or Big 12 or whatever media will be coming out of the woodwork screaming UAB!!! Arkansas!!!! Pass defense!!!!

Should be tweeting it out and it will be

#UAB #Arkansas #PassDefense

...this is more of EXACTLY what we need to give us an extra edge Saturday. I would have sheit like this continually streaming in the football facilities and offices all week.

Johnson85
11-13-2014, 10:16 AM
I stopped after he said we beat an Lsu team who was lost and an A&M team that was beat up. Uhhh wasn't their only player missing the slot guy? That sounds oddly similar to what we had out that game

They were missing a lost guy. We were missing our 17ing center. Which is gong to be tougher for most teams to handle?

Political Hack
11-13-2014, 10:27 AM
we wore the shine off by playing less than stellar games against UK and Arkansas. We roll them, everyone would still be riding high on the band wagon. We've got a shot this week to shut everyone up. In all honesty, you couldn't have scripted this any better at this point. I want that under dog tag rolling into T-Town. I want our guys to feel disrespected. I want them to play with a chip on their shoulder and bust heads. Everything has lined up perfectly.

dawgpound
11-13-2014, 10:29 AM
Im glad the media isnt behind us. I want our players and CDM to play with a chip on their shoulders, no complacency here

DancingRabbit
11-13-2014, 10:34 AM
Well how about that, the Sporting News is still in business. Had no idea.

Hey Matt, Big10 sucks.

DudyDawg
11-13-2014, 10:35 AM
Im glad the media isnt behind us. I want our players and CDM to play with a chip on their shoulders, no complacency here

agreed. Just like going into LSU

sandwolf
11-13-2014, 11:06 AM
we wore the shine off by playing less than stellar games against UK and Arkansas. We roll them, everyone would still be riding high on the band wagon. We've got a shot this week to shut everyone up. In all honesty, you couldn't have scripted this any better at this point. I want that under dog tag rolling into T-Town. I want our guys to feel disrespected. I want them to play with a chip on their shoulder and bust heads. Everything has lined up perfectly.

Completely agree.

sandwolf
11-13-2014, 11:20 AM
Some have said we can sustain one loss. I am not so sure anymore. If we lose to Alabama I think they drop us to 5th or 6th. Beating Vandy will do nothing for us. If we beat TSUN that might move us up one notch if we are 6th to 5th. Then we would have to hope that Auburn beat Alabama to give us a shot at the SECCG. We would have to hope that UGA wins the east and we play them. We beat them that would be the 6th ranked team we played and give us a 5-1 record. That might, just might, jump us back to 4th if no one else loses a game.

If we win the SEC we will absolutely, without question make the playoff. It doesn't matter whether we have a loss and it doesn't matter who we play from the east in the championship game, a 1 loss SEC champion will be in the playoff.

Liverpooldawg
11-13-2014, 12:03 PM
Just win.

ScoobaDawg
11-13-2014, 12:08 PM
Blah blah blah... stopped reading after saw it was a sec hate piece basically. we are the same ole MSU that is being proper up by wins over weaker teams and we are #1 because we are undefeated and didnt earn it. screw them.

Have to prove them wrong..just win.

mparkerfd20
11-13-2014, 12:50 PM

I agree completely and think that this is EXACTLY what Dan wanted to happen as well.

ScoobaDawg
11-13-2014, 12:59 PM
I agree completely and think that this is EXACTLY what Dan wanted to happen as well.

I disagree...no way Dan wanted close games against UK and Ark. Yes it turned out perfect to put the fire back in the team for this week. But no way in hell would Dan want a close game.