PDA

View Full Version : Baseball signee update

MsStateBaseball
11-13-2014, 07:30 AM
All have signed except for Gray Fenter and he is supposed to today.

MabenMaroon
11-13-2014, 08:37 AM
Of all our signees, how many do you expect to actually make it on campus and wear the Maroon & White. Saw that there are several that are listed as possible higher end draft choices. Just wondering, looks like if 80/90% of them do make it, it will be an outstanding class full of promise and potential.

engie
11-13-2014, 08:53 AM
Of all our signees, how many do you expect to actually make it on campus and wear the Maroon & White. Saw that there are several that are listed as possible higher end draft choices. Just wondering, looks like if 80/90% of them do make it, it will be an outstanding class full of promise and potential.

We don't know the answer to that and won't till July. This whole class is littered with high end draft prospects. It's not about how many you lose, it's about how many you keep...

MsStateBaseball
11-13-2014, 09:28 AM
When the clubs call the kids and parents and they ask them what will it take to sign, then only they know what is said. That is the bottom line. Do they want to spend 3 years in college? All I want is 3 years from a great player. What would hurt us? Losing any catcher prospect, losing more than 1 RHP and LHP each. We graduate 2 catchers, signed 2 catchers. Collins will leave after Jr year and we need one of those guys to step in and start in 2017.

We have signed or committed lots of tall starting pitchers and if we want to compete for championships we need to keep most of those. If we lose Fenter and a LHP, then I am good with it. Pickett is a luxury. We can afford to lose him but gain a bunch if we keep him. Marrero, a catcher, we really need to keep bc of the position and his talent.

And keep in mind, these kids were on big travel teams and word spreads about our program. We keep Marrero from Miami, then he goes home and talks to HS players down there, well you know what I mean.

I predicted this in 2013 and here it is again. We will have a tremendous June 2015. We will be going to the postseason then have many players/signees drafted. Exciting and anxious times ahead.

drummerdawg
11-13-2014, 10:25 AM
Is there a list with all the commits and their rankings? I'd like to see one if its out there

MsStateBaseball
11-13-2014, 11:15 AM
My blog has all the commits and rankings. Follow me on twitter bc I am about to breakdown each signee, when i get time.

Tbonewannabe
11-13-2014, 11:25 AM
I just want to mention Luke Alexander from my old high school Belmont high School in Belmont, MS. I think he is the first person to sign a d1 scholarship from Belmont.

maroonmania
11-13-2014, 01:24 PM
My blog has all the commits and rankings. Follow me on twitter bc I am about to breakdown each signee, when i get time.

So what does the 500 and 1000 ranking mean? Does 500 mean they are somewhere ranked nationally between 500 and 1000? 1000 somewhere between 1000 and ??

MsStateBaseball
11-13-2014, 02:06 PM
So what does the 500 and 1000 ranking mean? Does 500 mean they are somewhere ranked nationally between 500 and 1000? 1000 somewhere between 1000 and ??

I believe that is right. I need to find out for sure. They just decided to stick with the 500 best and anyone above 500 just put the vague number. Really only the top 200 mean anything to me. It's nice for us fans to put a number on a player. Football for example, how many 5 stars bust and how many 2 stars go to the NFL.

I look at their level of play, height, weight, competition. I think the coaches have a great eye for talent too.

MsStateBaseball
11-13-2014, 02:39 PM
Ranking Questions

Q. How are the national rankings compiled?
A. We carefully analyze all of the information at our disposal before making the rankings. We rely on personal observation, scouting reports, input from coaches and input from other scouts, trying to make the rankings as accurate as possible. The rankings are regularly adjusted as we receive new information.
Q. Do I have to attend a Perfect Game event in order to be ranked?
A. Definitely not, although a huge percentage (well over 90 percent) of the top players in the country attend multiple Perfect Game showcases and tournaments. While it’s not necessary to attend a Perfect Game Showcase, it has become a big advantage for many players and allows us to make evaluations much more accurate. The more we see a player, the more we know about him, the more everyone knows about him. Our scouts attend many of the top high school events around the country, including the Area Code game, East Coast Professional Showcase, Junior Olympics and Tournament of Stars, to name a few. We also are continually talking to a network of professional scouts and college recruiters to identify the best players around the country. Our goal is to have the most comprehensive and complete rankings possible.