PDA

View Full Version : SEC+ online.......How do you get it?

Cowbells
11-12-2014, 11:16 PM
i have Directv and have always had online access to lots of our games through ESPN3. Now most of our games are on the SEC+ channel, which it says I cannot play. How do you go about accessing SEC+ online?

TheRef
11-12-2014, 11:19 PM
You should be able to from your directv account. Then again, I'm not sure what the DirecTV deal is.

notoriousdog
11-13-2014, 12:45 PM
I know back in August when DirecTV finally signed the deal with SECN that the streaming side of things was not complete. That should be taken care of by now though. When you go to WatchESPN.com and it asks for your TV provider, select DirecTV, and then sign in using your user name and password. If SECN+ and DirecTV have reached a deal, you should be able to watch.

Cowbells
11-13-2014, 12:59 PM
So if there is no Directv listed, which there is not, I suppose it means no deal has been reached about the extras, huh? DISH is listed as a provider, but not Directv. Kinda lame.

SDDawg
11-13-2014, 01:15 PM
Isn't it just WatchESPN? I thought all of the SEC Nation games were streamed on there, could be wrong though.

maroonmania
11-13-2014, 01:18 PM
I know back in August when DirecTV finally signed the deal with SECN that the streaming side of things was not complete. That should be taken care of by now though. When you go to WatchESPN.com and it asks for your TV provider, select DirecTV, and then sign in using your user name and password. If SECN+ and DirecTV have reached a deal, you should be able to watch.

I ran into this when MSU played DSU in the exhibition basketball game. I wanted to watch MSU basketball on the SEC+ but was unable to. Even though my cable provider has the SEC network and also provide my internet, when I called they said that the internet streaming with the SEC network had not been resolved yet. I could still watch links that showed "ESPN3" but could not watch links that said "SEC+". I'm kind of pissed because there are a number of MSU basketball games coming up that will only be available on SEC+. Football really hasn't been an issue because they are pretty much all on TV somewhere.

Dawg61
11-13-2014, 02:45 PM
Isn't it just WatchESPN? I thought all of the SEC Nation games were streamed on there, could be wrong though.

It is ESPN3 or WatchESPN. If you've ever been able to watch an ESPN3 game online before it's the same setup to watch an SECN+ game. Type in your cable provider then your username and password.

HoopsDawg
11-13-2014, 05:32 PM
It is ESPN3 or WatchESPN. If you've ever been able to watch an ESPN3 game online before it's the same setup to watch an SECN+ game. Type in your cable provider then your username and password.

We can't. That's what he is saying. DirecTV is not available.

Dawg61
11-15-2014, 01:10 PM
We can't. That's what he is saying. DirecTV is not available.

Log into ESPN3 before you select the game. I'm assuming ESPN3 has always been available for DirectTV users before. Log into ESPN3, select something else to watch and then find the SECN+ game you want to watch.

boonedawg
11-15-2014, 02:10 PM
DirecTV does not currently provide WATCHESPN. Their contract with Disney/ABC/ESPN expires at the end of the year. When the new deal is done, WATCHESPN will most likely be included. The SEC Network+ (plus) on WATCHESPN is very cool. You can watch basically any game being played by any SEC school that is not on regular TV. For example, all of our women's volleyball and soccer matches are streamed. During the pre-SEC basketball season, most of the SEC school's games are on SEC Network+. Once SEC basketball begins, all of the men's games will be on TV, but many of the women's games will be on SEC Network+. It will also replace Hailstate.TV for baseball, so I'm hoping DirectTV gets the deal done soon.