PDA

View Full Version : Projected MVP for the showdown in T-Town

Perpetual Underachiever
11-12-2014, 10:56 PM
Assuming we win on Saturday, who do you see contributing an outstanding individual performance and why will it be so vital to get the "W"? And like a similar thread started by Shotgun, I am going to take Dak off the board. I am confident that our D will show up and give our offense the opportunity to get the win. With that being said, my projected MVP is Bear Force One.

Yes, I realize this is a fairly vanilla pick for MVP, but I truly think he could be the difference... and I just want to see that badass mofo show out in his home state. Looking at his stats during SEC play, his individual numbers have been a fairly good barometer for the outcome of the game.

Arkansas - 2 , 18yds
UK - 2 , 30yds
Auburn - 4 , 72yds
A&M - 4 , 72yds
LSU - 4 , 91yd

I was not able to find any "targeted" statistics, but I know there were several balls against Arky and UK that he should have caught and they would have been big plays. IMO if we get Bear 4+ touches, we walk out of BDS with a win. A few others I considered were Market, Redmond, Day, Mojo, Fred's, B. Brown, etc. So who you got for MVP? Let's go get this win boys!!!

chef dixon
11-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Fred Ross. But I predict he will break out every game so I'm bound to get it right every once in a while.

Political Hack
11-12-2014, 11:10 PM
unlikely to be a Fred IMO. I think Tubby could have a big bounce back game. They put an OLB on him out of the 3-4 or a S, and we'll run option routes all day. Our short passing game is going to make or break us Saturday and to me, that screams Tubby.

Perpetual Underachiever
11-12-2014, 11:17 PM
I was leaning towards Tubby, but wasn't sure about his health. If he truly is at 100% then I expect him to play a big role in our offensive scheme. We are due for a 2013 type dominant performance from Tubby... and to think we have gotten to where we are practically without him.

CadaverDawg
11-12-2014, 11:18 PM
Like chef Dixon, I typically pick Fred Ross.....so I will go with a different guy this time.

Gabe Myles.

#1, I'm not sure that Jameon is 100%. #2, I feel confident that Bama will attempt to make us one dimensional. With those being said, I think the screen game will have to act as an extension to our run game Saturday, and that guy will be Gabe Myles. I would not be surprised to see us take that screen play every time they give us a 5+ yard cushion. Take what the defense gives you, and I think Gabe will break a tackle and maybe tight rope the sidelines in route to a big gain, or maybe even a TD.

godlluB
11-12-2014, 11:20 PM
Like chef Dixon, I typically pick Fred Ross.....so I will go with a different guy this time.

Gabe Myles.

#1, I'm not sure that Jameon is 100%. #2, I feel confident that Bama will attempt to make us one dimensional. With those being said, I think the screen game will have to act as an extension to our run game Saturday, and that guy will be Gabe Myles. I would not be surprised to see us take that screen play every time they give us a 5+ yard cushion. Take what the defense gives you, and I think Gabe will break a tackle and maybe tight rope the sidelines in route to a big gain, or maybe even a TD.

I was just about to post this. Gabe was a tumble away from a touchdown last weekend. He gets his first this weekend.

TUSK
11-12-2014, 11:50 PM
other than the obvious (dak, bmac, p smith & jrob), TUSK chooses:

Bear on O
Redmond on D

BeardoMSU
11-12-2014, 11:57 PM
Assuming we win on Saturday, who do you see contributing an outstanding individual performance and why will it be so vital to get the "W"? And like a similar thread started by Shotgun, I am going to take Dak off the board. I am confident that our D will show up and give our offense the opportunity to get the win. With that being said, my projected MVP is Bear Force One.

Yes, I realize this is a fairly vanilla pick for MVP, but I truly think he could be the difference... and I just want to see that badass mofo show out in his home state. Looking at his stats during SEC play, his individual numbers have been a fairly good barometer for the outcome of the game.

Arkansas - 2 , 18yds
UK - 2 , 30yds
Auburn - 4 , 72yds
A&M - 4 , 72yds
LSU - 4 , 91yd

I was not able to find any "targeted" statistics, but I know there were several balls against Arky and UK that he should have caught and they would have been big plays. IMO if we get Bear 4+ touches, we walk out of BDS with a win. A few others I considered were Market, Redmond, Day, Mojo, Fred's, B. Brown, etc. So who you got for MVP? Let's go get this win boys!!!

Rather than delving in hyperbole, I'll just go with Jesus....if he wants us to beat Bama, we will...

http://cdn.stripersonline.com/4/41/900x900px-LL-4104d537_Lebowski-Jesus.gif

msstate7
11-13-2014, 12:07 AM
In our game with bama last season, Malcolm and tubby combined for 10 of our 15 receptions and 120 of our 144 receiving yards. I'm going with these 2 as co-mvp's.

War Machine Dawg
11-13-2014, 02:19 AM
For us to win, it MUST be 1) the OL and 2) Dak. If we can't win up front, #RTDF, and get the ball to our playmakers, we lose. It's that simple. The OL and Dak must have their best games to win. Next would be J-Beast. This game is going to be about who's most physical and can run the football best. I know that's rather Captain Obvious, but you're overthinking it if that isn't the answer.

CrookedLetta
11-13-2014, 07:31 AM
I'm going to go with Matt Wells. His coverage on OJ Howard and tackling in the run game will be second to none.

Bully041184
11-13-2014, 07:41 AM
Similar in the LSU game where our Louisiana players shined, I expect the same with our players from Alabama with Bear leading that group. I do like cadaver's post about gabe...he's our gadget guy that is bound to explode any game now.

DudyDawg
11-13-2014, 09:19 AM
Devon bell

defiantdog
11-13-2014, 09:28 AM
Bama is gonna do everything to stop us from running. But I think we do a lot with JRob out of the backfield. The dude is gonna have 100 yards receiving.

On defense, I'm going with B. Brown. If he can close the running gaps, we'll force Blake Simms to pass the ball and the play action won't be as effective. This could allow us to pressure him more and force him to go through progressions.

RossDawg82
11-13-2014, 10:11 AM
My MVP is going to be our secondary. We hold Cooper to 3-57 yards and no TD's