PDA

View Full Version : Partial explanation of post season ticket situation

dnadawg
11-12-2014, 10:13 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_F4PGR59v9w&feature=youtu.be

I would have to give $9000.00 to get into top 1500 rank of Bulldog club.
The fact they are letting people do this at this point of the season sucks.
Loyalty means nothing.
Hope they make enough extra for all the people they are going to piss off.
If I can't get SEC championship tickets sitting at near 3000 then I am probably done.
Yeah I know we are not there yet but they are picking a hell of a week to bring this crap up.

Homedawg
11-12-2014, 10:18 PM
I haven't watched it yet, but I will. But how do you propose they do it?what is the right way?
Eta, and what does loyalty means nothing mean?

dnadawg
11-12-2014, 10:22 PM
Loyalty
If I have been in bulldog club for 15 years & bought season tickets, increased giving, bought post season tickets, & then then someone who joined last year can pay more to bulldog club at end of great season & jump ahead of me in pecking order for tickets. Should be based on this years ranking & giving.

FlabLoser
11-12-2014, 10:24 PM
Loyalty
If I have been in bulldog club for 15 years & bought season tickets, increased giving, bought post season tickets, & then then someone who joined last year can pay more to bulldog club at end of great season & jump ahead of me in pecking order for tickets. Should be based on this years ranking & giving.

All of those things are factors. Lookup the formula that determines BC points.

dnadawg
11-12-2014, 10:28 PM
On video it states you can give more to bulldog club at this time to help you in standing for tickets.
In past the post season tickets were based on current bulldog club rank.

Homedawg
11-12-2014, 10:33 PM
I watched it- no big deal to me. They are trying to raise some more money while we are on top- nothing wrong w that. The end result won't drop that many people. Yea some might get pissed but money makes the world go around.

TUSK
11-12-2014, 10:53 PM
there is a precedent for this...

I know some older guy that had been in Tide Pride (Bammer's Donor/Ticket Program) for a Bajillion years couldn't get tickets to a post season game because politicians were given preference...

He sued.... not sure how it turned out though...

right now, $25K will get you to the head of the waiting list for season tickets.

TUSK
11-12-2014, 10:55 PM
I watched it- no big deal to me. They are trying to raise some more money while we are on top- nothing wrong w that. The end result won't drop that many people. Yea some might get pissed but money makes the world go around.

Homedawg is dead nuts on.

Yall should announce a stadium expansion/facilities upgrades and start soliciting more funds asap.

Donors are fickle bastards.

TheDogFather
11-12-2014, 10:59 PM
So you propose those who give more for longer therby contributing a higher amount of their personal income to move over and allow people who give less for less time to reap the benefits of those nasty rich people?

I bet you vote democrat. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

TUSK
11-12-2014, 11:29 PM
So you propose those who give more for longer therby contributing a higher amount of their personal income to move over and allow people who give less for less time to reap the benefits of those nasty rich people?

DogFather, that's not "my bag" at all... it's just the nature of the beast... I don't dig it, man...

hell, you might not have even been addressing TUSK.

oh, for the record, I don't vote.

dnadawg
11-12-2014, 11:34 PM
Got to be Templeton's Fault (in sarcastic tone)

I knew I should have saved my money & time during Croom's tenure & just started over after that.

hometowndawg
11-12-2014, 11:38 PM

Motion to move to Political Board immediately

Homedawg
11-12-2014, 11:44 PM

Based on what u say here u have no clue about how the formula works. And hell no I'm not a democrat. And how does that mean they have contributed a higher amount of their income? That's an interesting assumption.

dnadawg
11-12-2014, 11:50 PM
Your right.....Current giving counts most.......we should all quit giving & let the top 1500 foot the bill.***

TUSK
11-12-2014, 11:55 PM
Got to be Templeton's Fault (in sarcastic tone)

I knew I should have saved my money & time during Croom's tenure & just started over after that.

gonna echo you, buddy,,,,, I made an absolute KILLING in the Dark Ages 97-06 with Dubose/Shula (and the 9 other coaches we had).

sidewalk fans with great seats were droppin (out) like Kardashian's pants at an NBA game after party.

nsvltndog
11-13-2014, 01:33 AM
I'm pretty sure we have had post season priority ticket deadlines since they moved to the priority points system. We quit publishing brochures a few years ago, but I found one from early in Mullen's tenure that clearly shows a November 15th deadline for football postseason priority. It's suddenly being noticed b/c it now matters, but it's not new and shouldn't be used to make the athletic department suddenly appear evil.

Not sure if the below link will work, but if it does you can take a look for yourself.

http://www.hailstate.com/fls/16800/pdf/ad_bcpolicymanual_021709.pdf

RougeDawg
11-13-2014, 02:02 AM
there is a precedent for this...

I know some older guy that had been in Tide Pride (Bammer's Donor/Ticket Program) for a Bajillion years couldn't get tickets to a post season game because politicians were given preference...

He sued.... not sure how it turned out though...

right now, $25K will get you to the head of the waiting list for season tickets.

Elephantiitis has great points. We are on the cusp of taking over the SEC, yet our blue hairs want to continue showing up to SIT DOWN THE ENTIRE GAME AND ACT LIKE ITS A SUNDAY SERMON.

You pay for performance. Just like a fine automobile you pay for the elegance. You don't take a Kia or Mazda on the Autobahn, do you? No, you buy a Porsche, Lamborghini, Corvette or Ferrari. Look I'm in the 1900's of BDC and will probably get left out, but is that going to stop me?? You know what, I'm not getting left out. F*ck it. I will be wherever we play, period. Whatever the costs or sacrifices, I've been through enough and do not want to miss a game. I am not missing any Mississippi State Football event for a title, period. Enjoy this, but also get used to this as we will see these types of expenses for years to come.

dnadawg
11-13-2014, 07:40 AM
Rank season tickets bowl tickets
7500 & up 8 8
3000-7499 4 4
400-2999 2 2 (if available)
0-399 0 2 (if available)

AutoZone Liberty Bowl (December 29) 8,500
AdvoCare Texas Bowl (December 29) 8,000
Belk Bowl (December 30) 8,500
Music City Bowl (December 30) 8,000
Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl (December 31) 13,000
Capital One Orange Bowl (December 31) 15,500
Fiesta Bowl (December 31) 13,000
Citrus Bowl (January 1) 9,000
Outback Bowl (January 1) 8,000
Cotton Bowl (January 1) 12,500
Taxslayer Bowl (January 2) 8,000
Rose Bowl (January 1) *Semifinal Game 13,000
Sugar Bowl (January 1) *Semifinal Game 13,000
College Football National Championship (January 12) TBA TBA

Aces High
11-13-2014, 08:29 AM
Loyalty

15 years and you are at 3000? Ummm......if you bought season tickets for 15 years and contributed every year, Im not even sure how that is even possible. Even if you only gave $100 a year. My brother started the BC THIS year, got 4 scoreboard club tickets and is 2500.

Im calling bullshit considering his lifetime total is under 7k.

dnadawg
11-13-2014, 08:33 AM
So sorry my Military & public service career don't pay enough to meet your standard Ace.
I guess a veteran has to know his place & sacrifice for everyone else in this situation.
Guess I should have been giving a third of my yearly income to BDC all these years instead of doing trivial things like providing a House for my Family.

TheDogFather
11-13-2014, 08:37 AM
oh, for the record, I don't vote.

That explains everything. Carry on.

Aces High
11-13-2014, 08:39 AM
Take that bullshit elsewhere. Why bring up the military? Im calling BS on your 15 years of season tickets because a rank of 3000 would be basically impossible.

I think someone is stretching the truth....

15 x $450 is $6750, which is basically what he has given in 1 year. So if you gave $100 and bought 1 season ticket for 15 years, it is virtually impossible for you to be 3000, especially with your consecutive year giving.

And military make more than a lot of regular citizens and get their school paid for. It aint like it was 30 years ago. Teachers and military are actual GOOD jobs these days.

dnadawg
11-13-2014, 08:42 AM

Aces High
11-13-2014, 08:43 AM
What does your rank have to do with the price of tea in china? Im calling BS on 15 straight years of season tickets.

I just did the math and it is impossible for you to have that point total if you gave the minimum and bought 1 ticket for 15 years, not including you saying you bought post season tickets and increased giving as well. You also said season tickets, not ticket, so I low balled it and still the math doesnt work out.

dnadawg
11-13-2014, 08:51 AM
You only get points for last year of Season tickets. 4 for me.
Does not figure into seats bought for lifetime.
Also you get points for post season tickets purchased which add up quickly.
Also you called BS on my rank & I showed you what it shows on my dog tag.

I'm also glad you know all about my finances & life.......I'm simply discussing where I sit now in rank & the current situation.

http://www.msubulldogclub.com/our-mission/priority-points/

FlabLoser
11-13-2014, 09:36 AM
The BC point formula is...

0.012 points per dollar pledged in the current year to the Bulldog Club Annual Fund, Endowed Scholarships, Club Seats, Intercollegiate Fund and Gifts-in-Kind

0.008 points per dollar contributed over the member's lifetime

Consecutive years of membership - 1 point for every year of consecutive membership for the first 10 years; 1.5 points for every consecutive year of membership for the 11th through 20th years; 2 points for every consecutive year of membership for years 21 - 30; 2.5 points for every consecutive year of membership for years 31 - 40, and so on.

1 point per priority season ticket purchased for Football, Men’s Basketball, Women’s Basketball, or Baseball, with a maximum of 10 per sport per year.

After that, points vary for a history of bowl game tickets purchased. Also the Texas Kickoff Classic game.

Johnson85
11-13-2014, 10:11 AM
So sorry my Military & public service career don't pay enough to meet your standard Ace.
I guess a veteran has to know his place & sacrifice for everyone else in this situation.
Guess I should have been giving a third of my yearly income to BDC all these years instead of doing trivial things like providing a House for my Family.

It's not that you don't pay enough to meet anybody's standards. It's that people that pay more get better options. I don't pay much, so I have no good options. Like you, I've had to prioritize my spending. But I'm not pissed that other people get better seats. I'm glad that they put in the money I don't so that we have the resources to be a major athletic program.

thedawg
11-13-2014, 10:21 AM
I have a semi related question.. How much does it cost these days to get season tickets in Club Level? Im just curious if I wanted to pony up and donate what it took to get where I need to be in line to get two club level season tickets... What am I looking at?

Dawg496
11-13-2014, 12:22 PM
I have a semi related question.. How much does it cost these days to get season tickets in Club Level? Im just curious if I wanted to pony up and donate what it took to get where I need to be in line to get two club level season tickets... What am I looking at?

~5k

sandwolf
11-13-2014, 01:38 PM
It's not that you don't pay enough to meet anybody's standards. It's that people that pay more get better options. I don't pay much, so I have no good options. Like you, I've had to prioritize my spending. But I'm not pissed that other people get better seats. I'm glad that they put in the money I don't so that we have the resources to be a major athletic program.

This post nails it.

If you want better options, then give more money. Stop whining about how unfair it is for the people that have given more to get more. If you are like me and you aren't willing/able to give more, that is completely fine, but don't stick your lip out because you can't have what the rich kids have.....that is just life.

thedawg
11-13-2014, 01:48 PM
I get that everyone doesnt operate like I do... but you can get tickets to any game you want to for face or cheaper outside the stadium... literally any game you want to... even the national championship game (I have been twice)... You have to understand how to operate and when and who to buy tickets from... Biggest game in the history of Mississippi State up until this point was the Auburn game... Foolish people got in that meat grinder in front of the stadium with all the scalpers wanting $250 a pop... I went up to three different people.. spent less than ten minutes in my conquest and paid $100 for a pair of lower level tickets for me and my son from a really nice old guy who just wanted us to promise not to resell them to Auburn fans and to have a good time... I would like to puff out my chest say man I got lucky but thats literally my experience every game I go to... Last year at the Liberty bowl.. I paid $30 and a cold bud light for a pair(50 yard line seats about 40 rows up).. I could go on and on.. but maybe this isnt the point.. I guess some people want their tickets to show up in pretty envelopes weeks before the event and are willing to pay through their noses for that... and before you start yes I contribute to the bulldog club all that I can justify.. I just choose not to buy my tickets from them because at my contribution level my tickets would suck and I can get better tickets 99 times out of a 100 on game day for cheaper... to each his own.. but i dont understand the whining if you cant keep up with the jones's... If you choose to participate in the rat race you better be willing to fork over the big bucks when the stakes get high