PDA

View Full Version : Besides Dak, the difference in the game will be.....?

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 12:43 PM
Other than not correctly evaluating Bama's football team, I think main thing the "experts" are missing in this game is our experience and leadership. Much of this game will come down to MSU's offense having the ability to move the chains and control the tempo and pace of the game. Nothing quite takes the home crowd out of a football game like the other team's offense moving the chains and controlling the clock.

This is where I think we have such a huge advantage and will win the game. The experience and leadership that we have on the offensive line and at QB is an intangible that is non-quantifiable and the main thing the "experts" are missing here. Most of our team played at Bryant-Denny in the "We Believe" game. They were embarrassed, but they gained experience. There will be no intimidation or panic Saturday.

Again, this team has been built for this game, and it's hilarious how no one can see it but us.

Dogs by 2 TDs

TheRef
11-12-2014, 12:50 PM
I think our big nasties on both lines will have to be at their best in order for us to win. If we can get a good pass rush and keep their pass rush at bay, we will dominate this game. If not, then it will be a tough battle.

Either way, this is going to be a heavyweight bout most likely.

BrunswickDawg
11-12-2014, 12:59 PM
I think Phsyco Defense is going to be truly unleashed for the first time this season. A true, lockdown, pounding D that just breaks Bamas will.

SignalToNoise
11-12-2014, 01:07 PM
Linebackers.

Need for Richie, Bennie, Bmac, Cheetah to play their absolute best.

thunderclap
11-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Turnovers. Need them. And if we try to give the game away, they'll take it.

Pollodawg
11-12-2014, 01:15 PM
There is no flinch in this team. UK moved the ball on us, and we matched them score for score. Dak threw two ints during the Arkansas game and we trailed at the half for the first time all season. We came back and won when we had too. We got this.

AgDawg
11-12-2014, 01:16 PM
If our wide receivers catch the difficult passes on 3rd and 7's then it's game over. If they drop a bunch of gimmies and cause 3 and outs we are done. They must be a threat to deal with or else Dak and Robinson will have a long night.

Coach34
11-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Our defense will show up and play well. I'm not worried there

We have to score 24 points- that's what it is going to take. How do we do that? Dakota, JRob, Bear, MoJo, and the two Fred's

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 01:18 PM
Turnovers. Need them. And if we try to give the game away, they'll take it.

You really think we need turnovers? What has Bama's offense done this year to make you think we need turnovers?

msstate7
11-12-2014, 01:24 PM
Imo it's bear. When we've really played well (lsu, aTm, auburn), he's shown up. When we've struggled lately, bear hasn't been a factor.

thunderclap
11-12-2014, 01:29 PM
You really think we need turnovers? What has Bama's offense done this year to make you think we need turnovers?

It's Tuscaloosa on Saturday night with everything on the line. Yes, I think we need a couple of turnovers. And no, we can't muff punts and give them short fields. I have faith that all else will take care of itself.

maroonmania
11-12-2014, 01:37 PM
Will Redmond. He needs to stay glued to Amari Cooper for the entire game. If Cooper is allowed to go wild on long passes we are sunk.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 01:39 PM
It's Tuscaloosa on Saturday night with everything on the line. Yes, I think we need a couple of turnovers. And no, we can't muff punts and give them short fields. I have faith that all else will take care of itself.

I agree with the bolded, but I think we are better than Bama. So long as we don't turn it over, I think we win. Anything Bama gives us is gravy

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 01:40 PM
Will Redmond. He needs to stay glued to Amari Cooper for the entire game. If Cooper is allowed to go wild on long passes we are sunk.

He won't be. We'll likely play zone or something and mix up who is on Cooper

TrapGame
11-12-2014, 01:42 PM

The kind of turnovers we need are the ones Redmond yanks from Cooper's grasp. Get a couple of those and Simms gets rattled and unsure about his passes.

Jack Lambert
11-12-2014, 01:44 PM
I am kind of tired of hearing what does Miss state have to do to win as if Bama is the automatic winner. I want to know what does Bama have to do to win.

maroonmania
11-12-2014, 01:45 PM
He won't be. We'll likely play zone or something and mix up who is on Cooper

I hope Collins watches what Arkansas did against Cooper and mimics that. They were the most effective at shutting Cooper down.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-12-2014, 01:47 PM
Front 4 need to get pressure without having to bring extra guys and we've got to get off the field on 3rd downs. Their offense is currently #3 in third down conversion at 53.3%.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 01:47 PM
I am kind of tired of hearing what does Miss state have to do to win as if Bama is the automatic winner. I want to know what does Bama have to do to win.

For Bama, they have to hit numerous big passes down the field. I think that's their only advantage in scoring.

If at the end of this game, we only gave up 1 or 2 plays in excess of 30 yards, then I think MSU wins. Maybe not exactly that, but you get the point

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 01:48 PM
I hope Collins watches what Arkansas did against Cooper and mimics that. They were the most effective at shutting Cooper down.

Just FYI, Cooper sat out 2 quarters against Arkansas

BeardoMSU
11-12-2014, 01:49 PM

http://i.imgur.com/45WW0wy.jpg

codeDawg
11-12-2014, 01:51 PM
Imo it's bear. When we've really played well (lsu, aTm, auburn), he's shown up. When we've struggled lately, bear hasn't been a factor.

Bear's issues are all experience. In the interview he gave yesterday he admitted that he didn't understand the techniques CB's were using against him and that he's getting held on his routes a lot. Knowing how to counter coverage, play through contact, and battle for the ball are all things that come with experience. I don't think Bear has a big day Saturday, but watch out next year. When it clicks with him, it's going to be something to see.

The biggest thing Bear gives us Saturday is a guy that draws attention and coverage. Hopefully Jameon, Gabe, the Fred's, and the TE's can exploit that attention.

defiantdog
11-12-2014, 02:03 PM
Sims better hope we don't force him into going through his progressions because I don't think he knows how. Also, why are we so worried about Sims running on us? Both of Towles running tds were because PJ Jones fell and we over pursued. We still outscored Kentucky, and we still won. Do you really think our guys were completely focused on that game like they were against Nick Marshall? Alabama better figure out how to block out McKinney and B. Brown when they cover the gaps, and they need to figure how to contain Wells when he covers the screen pass. If their offense goes three and out then their defense is really gonna get tired.

Boys, this is gonna be a hard hitting, no nonsense game where the winner will be the last one standing. Don't put finesse into this game one bit. This game will come down to who gets hit and who's doing the hitting.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-12-2014, 02:11 PM
Alabama better figure out how to block out McKinney and B. Brown when they cover the gaps,
Couldn't agree more, I'm looking for BB to have a huge game. It's amazing how every time he waves his hand over his helmet several times, he either knows which play is coming or he makes a big play in the backfield.

MadDawg
11-12-2014, 02:19 PM
Bear's issues are all experience. In the interview he gave yesterday he admitted that he didn't understand the techniques CB's were using against him and that he's getting held on his routes a lot. Knowing how to counter coverage, play through contact, and battle for the ball are all things that come with experience. I don't think Bear has a big day Saturday, but watch out next year. When it clicks with him, it's going to be something to see.

The biggest thing Bear gives us Saturday is a guy that draws attention and coverage. Hopefully Jameon, Gabe, the Fred's, and the TE's can exploit that attention.

I think that offensive pass interference he got a few games ago rattled his confidence. Now he's letting the CB's totally abuse him. And he's so big and strong, unless he learns to flop (like so many teams are doing now, like in the pros) he's not going to get many calls.

preachermatt83
11-12-2014, 02:54 PM
pressure doesn't affect simms that much....But COVERAGE does. Good coverage makes him look like a deer in headlight. DOn't worry so much about pressure and make sure to drop 7 into coverage.

defiantdog
11-12-2014, 03:19 PM
pressure doesn't affect simms that much....But COVERAGE does. Good coverage makes him look like a deer in headlight. DOn't worry so much about pressure and make sure to drop 7 into coverage.

I don't agree with this..... without pressure, a receiver WILL get open. It doesn't matter how many people are in coverage. Simms has had all day to throw the ball this year..... the majority of his roll outs were designed.

Johnson85
11-12-2014, 03:39 PM
Couldn't agree more, I'm looking for BB to have a huge game. It's amazing how every time he waves his hand over his helmet several times, he either knows which play is coming or he makes a big play in the backfield.

BB has been awesome. Don't remember anybody talking about his intelligence during recruitment, but it must be pretty high. It looks like he is as much of a qb out there as McKinney.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-12-2014, 03:43 PM
I don't agree with this..... without pressure, a receiver WILL get open. It doesn't matter how many people are in coverage. Simms has had all day to throw the ball this year..... the majority of his roll outs were designed.

This...and it wouldn't hurt to get some hits on that shoulder that was sore earlier in the year.

drunkernhelldawg
11-12-2014, 03:44 PM
I think our superior conditioning will be the difference in the game.

WinningIsRelentless
11-12-2014, 04:01 PM
Our defense will show up and play well. I'm not worried there

We have to score 24 points- that's what it is going to take. How do we do that? Dakota, JRob, Bear, MoJo, and the two Fred's

We need Myles or Holloway to break a long run in the 4th after their d has taken a beating from JRob and Dak.

Percho
11-12-2014, 06:08 PM

I would like to see late swing passes to Josh out of the backfield. In a couple of games this year he would never be accounted for yet we would throw down field. That is something I believe Dak could pick up on watching film.

Barking 13
11-12-2014, 09:15 PM

I watched a show the other day about how to shut cooper down with a man with over the top safety... but you disguise it until the snap

eta: "Sims better hope we don't force him into going through his progressions because I don't think he knows how"

if cooper is covered. he'll freak out because by the time his first look is done he'll have somebody in his face

BulldogBear
11-12-2014, 09:31 PM
I watched a show the other day about how to shut cooper down with a man with over the top safety... but you disguise it until the snap

eta: "Sims better hope we don't force him into going through his progressions because I don't think he knows how"

if cooper is covered. he'll freak out because by the time his first look is done he'll have somebody in his face

This^