PDA

View Full Version : om attendance numbers

drummerdawg
11-12-2014, 10:36 AM
Not that it matters or anything but after seeing the attendance number for the Presbyterian game it made me curious about how we've compared in attendance this year. To my surprise (sorta) even with our expansion, they have averaged more per game than us. They average 61,462 while we are averaging 61,233. Not that this is a big deal or matters, I just thought it was interesting. I do wish we could try to break the single game attendance record in state. I'd hate for them claim to have had larger crowds even after we've expanded.

Dental Dawg
11-12-2014, 10:47 AM
I'll call BS on those numbers. Presbyterian game had around 50,000 people which will kill their average.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 10:48 AM
You can chalk up the difference in their home schedule vs ours.

Texas A&M, Arkansas, and Vandy don't sell their allotments, while Ole Miss has played the 3 best traveling teams in the country at home; Bama, Auburn, and Tennessee. We'll avg more next year

Barkman Turner Overdrive
11-12-2014, 10:53 AM
I'll call BS on those numbers. Presbyterian game had around 50,000 people which will kill their average.

Seriously? You expect their control-the-media Bearstapo to report actual numbers?

Political Hack
11-12-2014, 10:54 AM
they've never reported their actual stadium numbers. I think they report ticket sales numbers.

Johnson85
11-12-2014, 10:55 AM

Yeah, you can't trust reported numbers at all. Not sure how fast and loose MSU or UM plays with ticket sales v. actual attendance, but unless you have some idea of what their practice is, that's way too close in reported numbers to know who has better attendance.

Dog316
11-12-2014, 11:08 AM
Not that it matters or anything but after seeing the attendance number for the Presbyterian game it made me curious about how we've compared in attendance this year. To my surprise (sorta) even with our expansion, they have averaged more per game than us. They average 61,462 while we are averaging 61,233. Not that this is a big deal or matters, I just thought it was interesting. I do wish we could try to break the single game attendance record in state. I'd hate for them claim to have had larger crowds even after we've expanded.

^^^^^^^

Thanks for pointing this out. Just what we need to know. I feel better now. Geesh!

drummerdawg
11-12-2014, 11:52 AM
^^^^^^^

Thanks for pointing this out. Just what we need to know. I feel better now. Geesh!

you're welcome.