PDA

View Full Version : Why MSU Will Beat Alabama

BeastMan
11-12-2014, 10:25 AM
I've listened to national media interview after interview give me a laundry list of why the Tide is going to drill MSU on Saturday. Since no one else is telling you why MSU would win, I will.

http://3rdand57.com/msu-will-beat-alabama-because/

I also have a Bama game preview/scouting report yall may enjoy. It's goes pretty deep into the Tide

http://3rdand57.com/alabama-crimson-tide-up-close-and-personal/

msstate7
11-12-2014, 10:41 AM
Good stuff.

I'd add OM to the list of teams that's had success throwing against bama

engie
11-12-2014, 10:42 AM
Great article and scouting report on Sims. Couldn't agree more.

What he does is very exploitable IMO...

Westdawg
11-12-2014, 10:43 AM
great read, Beast!

i agree completely with all of it. and good research on those stats, too!

BeastMan
11-12-2014, 11:30 AM
Thanks guys

messageboardsuperhero
11-12-2014, 11:43 AM
Wow, this is so refreshing after constantly hearing the same regurgitated points over and over. You actually have some original and insightful thought in here.

Bama is so good at taking away what other teams do best- luckily for us, we do many things very well.

SDDawg
11-12-2014, 11:51 AM
One of the best posts/articles I've read on this matchup coming this week. I have a feeling that Collins is going to have his guys ready to exploit Sims and make Bama beat us by running the ball. if we can force them into that mode, I don't think they can do it.

defiantdog
11-12-2014, 12:01 PM
Great write up BeastMan

BrunswickDawg
11-12-2014, 12:15 PM
Awesome review Beast. I love the fact that almost everyone is counting us out. People forget that beating Saban can be done - even Croom did it.

And thanks for the follow on Twitter. Hopefully you won't get put off by random historic facts and coastal Georgia food.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 12:19 PM
Outstanding analysis Beast.

The way I am seeing this game is, so long as Geoff Collins draws up a defensive scheme that prevents Amari Cooper from running rampant in our secondary, we should win the game. We hold the edge where it matters.

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-12-2014, 12:22 PM
Awesome Beast, I'd like to add this stat that I found interesting:

"Mississippi State (31) must go to Alabama, but does so at the right time. The Bulldogs are coming off a walkover game against FCS Tennessee-Martin, and should be relatively healthy and unbruised. The Crimson Tide, meanwhile, is coming off the annual slugfest with LSU – and this one went into overtime. If you don’t think there is an LSU hangover effect at Alabama, think again. For the past three years, Alabama has not covered the spread in the game after playing LSU – and that includes the unforgettable 2012 upset home loss to Texas A&M. But here is the truly crazy stat: The Tide hasn’t scored a first-quarter touchdown in the game after playing LSU in 13 years. Last time it happened was 2001, against Mississippi State."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/forde-yard-dash--coaches-edition-083639479-ncaaf.html

I seen it dawg
11-12-2014, 12:35 PM
We are better.

Political Hack
11-12-2014, 01:12 PM
Great write up, but I have to add this little nugget: State's RZ defense is #1. Bama's is 82nd.

that's why we win.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 01:15 PM
Great write up, but I have to add this little nugget: State's RZ defense is #1. Bama's is 82nd.

that's why we win.

WOW! Bama's RZ defense is ranked #82? How come none on the analysts have mentioned this?

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-12-2014, 01:40 PM

that's why we win.

Looking at the major stat categories, there aren't but a few areas where they are rated higher than us. They have -2 TO margin and have only forced 12 TO's all year on D, while we're even and have forced 18.

BeastMan
11-12-2014, 01:59 PM
And thanks for the follow on Twitter. Hopefully you won't get put off by random historic facts and coastal Georgia food.

Haha. You're in luck. Besides SEC football, food is my other "thing". I suggest dropping by the Weekend Cooking and Drinking thread that starts every Friday on the Outdoor Dawg board

BeastMan
11-12-2014, 05:01 PM
Afternoon bump

BrunswickDawg
11-12-2014, 05:09 PM
Haha. You're in luck. Besides SEC football, food is my other "thing". I suggest dropping by the Weekend Cooking and Drinking thread that starts every Friday on the Outdoor Dawg board

I need to check that out. But, I'll make you jealous by just saying I'm eating and drinking my way around Savannah at a conference this week.

bluelightstar
11-12-2014, 05:16 PM
Fast start needed

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B2QxVhLIEAA4bv0.jpg

SDDawg
11-12-2014, 05:21 PM
This ain't the last 6 meetings, fortunately.

Coach 57
11-12-2014, 09:56 PM
Good write up Beast. Nice job! Great way to compare REAL stats that are comparable & that matter. One caveat I'll add. This game will come down to the QBs. Dak will see a healthy dose of man press coverage and Kirby DARE him to beat him with his arm. Don't be surprised if welcome out throwing the ball because they are going to do their best to shut the run down.

BeastMan
11-12-2014, 10:11 PM
Good write up Beast. Nice job! Great way to compare REAL stats that are comparable & that matter. One caveat I'll add. This game will come down to the QBs. Dak will see a healthy dose of man press coverage and Kirby DARE him to beat him with his arm. Don't be surprised if welcome out throwing the ball because they are going to do their best to shut the run down.

Thanks coach. I appreciate that, especially from a football guy. Also, I completely agree on the comment about the QB play. I think if Dak plays lights out, they don't have a chance. If Dak is up and down and Lane is able to dial up some slick designs to get the ball to Amari consistently, it's going to be a war.

blacklistedbully
11-13-2014, 02:01 PM
One of your best, Beast. Well done, Sir!

BeastMan
11-13-2014, 03:05 PM
One of your best, Beast. Well done, Sir!

Thank you sir!

Interpolation_Dawg_EX
11-13-2014, 03:40 PM
Hey Beast or Coaches, how much does our tall D line affect sims' ability to get passing lanes? He's listed at 6', so i'm sure he's more like 5'10". I could see them running a lot of play action roll outs to get him on the edge and produce easy throws.

ShotgunDawg
11-13-2014, 04:12 PM
Hey Beast or Coaches, how much does our tall D line affect sims' ability to get passing lanes? He's listed at 6', so i'm sure he's more like 5'10". I could see them running a lot of play action roll outs to get him on the edge and produce easy throws.

A ton, especially on underneath routes. I thought LSU had a chance to get a pick because of this, and wouldn't be surprised if we do. LSU must've knocked down 4 or 5 passes in that game. Watch out for Preston or CJ tipping a ball to our LBs.

BeastMan
11-13-2014, 04:30 PM

That's a great point. Hope the DL gets those hands up