PDA

View Full Version : Quite the conundrum: Hypothetical

Schultzy
11-11-2014, 06:48 PM
Let's say we finish 11-1 with a loss to Bama. We are fired up about our win against our in-state rival that Saturday afternoon and sit down to watch The Iron Bowl.

At 11-1 we are assured of a spot in the final four playoff bc our only loss is at Alabama. But if Auburn wins we go to The SEC Championship game with a chance to win the SEC but also finish 11-2 and or (obviously 12-1).

Who do we root for?! Do we want a for sure spot in the playoff or a chance to win the SEC Title with also a chance to get knocked out of the playoff with two losses?!

It's a toughy. I say we should root for Alabama since it gives us the chance at the first ever National Title especially in the new playoff format.

starkvegasdawg
11-11-2014, 06:50 PM
Something tells me we need to go to the SECCG. Even though we would obviously be one of the four best teams in the nation, there would be a lot of pressure to keep a second sec team out if they didn't make their conference championship game.

Schultzy
11-11-2014, 07:04 PM
But how the hell can you keep an 11-1 SEC WesternDivision team out with their only loss on the road at Alabama!?

Spider-Man
11-11-2014, 07:07 PM
I want an SEC Championship.

Quaoarsking
11-11-2014, 07:08 PM
While we'd probably be in at 11-1, I'd rather not leave it to the whim of the committee. Cheer for Auburn so that we get an SEC West title and probably an SEC title, which would lock us into the playoff.

Coach34
11-11-2014, 07:16 PM
I want an SEC title- I'm tired of living my whole life without one

Schultzy
11-11-2014, 07:19 PM
11-1 with our only loss to Alabama would lock us in to the playoff. 11-2 would put us in jeopardy.

ScoobaDawg
11-11-2014, 07:27 PM
WHATS THIS CRAP ABOUT LOSING TO BAMA.

Goat, stop sending your messages to people.

I seen it dawg
11-11-2014, 07:30 PM
This hypothetical will not become a theoretical.

dawggoneit
11-11-2014, 07:31 PM
Just win and not worry about the hypothetical crap!!!

Schultzy
11-11-2014, 07:49 PM
This hypothetical will not become a theoretical.

That means you think the hypothetical wil come to fruition.

Schultzy
11-11-2014, 07:52 PM
WHATS THIS CRAP ABOUT LOSING TO BAMA.

Goat, stop sending your messages to people.

The hypothetical lends to us winning the National Championship which is obviously greater than the SEC title, especially in the playoff era, not to mention the first Evar playoff NC!

Jack Lambert
11-11-2014, 09:19 PM
Opertunity to win the SEC every time.

preachermatt83
11-11-2014, 10:33 PM
we are not going to lose to bama BUT if for some crazy reason we did there is NO WAY we are losing to freaking UGA, Mizzou, or Florida.

Dawg61
11-11-2014, 10:47 PM
What the fuk? Only correct answer here is winning the sec championship.

bluelightstar
11-11-2014, 11:07 PM
11-1 is no guarantee anyway. Get ready -- if we lose Saturday, prepare to hear the words "Southern Mississippi," "UAB," and "South Alabama" A LOT.

Johnson85
11-12-2014, 09:24 AM
Let's say we finish 11-1 with a loss to Bama. We are fired up about our win against our in-state rival that Saturday afternoon and sit down to watch The Iron Bowl.

At 11-1 we are assured of a spot in the final four playoff bc our only loss is at Alabama. But if Auburn wins we go to The SEC Championship game with a chance to win the SEC but also finish 11-2 and or (obviously 12-1).

Who do we root for?! Do we want a for sure spot in the playoff or a chance to win the SEC Title with also a chance to get knocked out of the playoff with two losses?!

It's a toughy. I say we should root for Alabama since it gives us the chance at the first ever National Title especially in the new playoff format.

Who would pass up a chance for an SEC title, especially when all we would have to do is beat this years UGA, Mizzou, or Florida? If we lose to one of those teams, we wouldn't be winning the championship anyway, so I'd rather take a second SEC CG appearance and a good bowl rather than not go to the SEC CG just to do a one and out in the playoffs.

dawgpound
11-12-2014, 09:30 AM
i do not think we are a lock at 11-1

RossDawg82
11-12-2014, 10:09 AM
11-1 is no guarantee anyway. Get ready -- if we lose Saturday, prepare to hear the words "Southern Mississippi," "UAB," and "South Alabama" A LOT.
True, but what can they say about us stomping LSU at their house who just beat OM, stomping Auburn at home who just also beat OM, stomping A&M at home who just beat AU. They can bring up our OOC all they want, but they cant just forget about these wins. These are all quality wins that cannot be ignored.I don't feel comfortable leaving the choice up to people who obviously have favorite teams and are obviously biased, so we just need to take care of Bama and OM and make our way to Atlanta for the showdown with a shitty east team.

sandwolf
11-12-2014, 10:45 AM
11-1 with our only loss to Alabama would lock us in to the playoff.

You would hope so, but in reality, we have no idea what the committee is going to do. Personally, I am expecting to see them place a great deal of emphasis on winning your conference, so I would much rather go to Atlanta and take our chances against the East champ.

ScoobaDawg
11-15-2014, 07:23 PM
Fine. the correct answer we are all now fans of auburn in 2 weeks. play for the sec championship and then get in the playoffs.
Rather than take our chances of being an outisde pick. If we cant beat Georgia we dont deserve any chance of being in the top 4.

It freaking sucks we just lost..but we still have something to play for.