PDA

View Full Version : What will the media's excuse be when we win?

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Bama is now an 8.5 point favorite over the #1 team in the country after beating LSU in overtime; a team MSU practically took to the woodshed a month and a half ago.

Best I can tell, from listening to the talking heads this week, is that the media's sole reason for loving Bama in this game doesn't lie in Xs and Os or performance but because they are a much better team at home than on the road.

I realize Bama has played better at home than on the road, but they've also caught teams at the right time at home; when they were dysfunctional.

So, my question is: what will the media's excuse be for Bama after finish them off?

UMCDawg16
11-11-2014, 06:07 PM
That line is a joke. I can't believe it honestly. I love it though, hope it goes to 10 before gametime. Let the talking heads do their thing and pick Bama based on their lorals and history and not body of work this year and matchups on the field. The #1 team in the country is ready. We have been disrespected once again and now have that chip back on our shoulder and are about to drop the hammer on bammer.

starkvegasdawg
11-11-2014, 06:46 PM
Bama was looking ahead to the Iron Bowl.

Saban couldn't find his shoe lifts and stadium security took him to lost children and wouldn't let him on the sideline.

Kiffen got drunk the night before the game and spent the whole night pissing off of balconies screaming TN sucks instead of finalizing the game plan.

MrKotter
11-11-2014, 06:50 PM
It is an odd line. Over half the money is on State

Bubb Rubb
11-11-2014, 06:58 PM
If they lose, the story will be because they were beat up from LSU the week before.

I seen it dawg
11-11-2014, 07:27 PM
Who cares. 10-0 means 10-0

TaleofTwoDogs
11-12-2014, 12:25 AM
The refs blew it. They got their #1 backwards.

But as far as media goes, Alabama has more national championships than anybody else in the SEC and have one multiple NCs in recent years. State has not. When we win 2 or 3 NCs over 3-4 years, we'll get Bama respect.

Frankly, I don't give a shit about respect. I care about being #1.

FlabLoser
11-12-2014, 12:37 AM
Once again, the media doesn't set betting lines.

Barking 13
11-12-2014, 02:15 AM
I'm looking to having to overcome multiple personal fouls... at key moments of the game

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 09:00 AM
Well... add Brandon Pertner to the list of analysts who seem to be able to do nothing more than just say that Alabama is a better team at home than on the road. The media better hope that Florida and A&M were really good teams when they played at Bama.

Funny how the media ignores stats and evidence that doesn't support their claim and only focuses on the things that do support their point.

Covercorner2
11-12-2014, 09:15 AM
Once again, the media doesn't set betting lines.

The media doesn't set betting lines, but they influence the public's perception, which in turn fuels betting lines. Alabama is the public's number 1 team. They have been favored in 64 straight games. This line has no bearing on whether or not we have a chance, it just only goes to show the public overinflated infatuation with the TIDE....

Johnson85
11-12-2014, 09:20 AM
It is an odd line. Over half the money is on State

That line makes me nervous as hell. Almost every time I see a line that looks ridiculous like that (other than some early season matchups where the general gambling public doesn't realize a team is significantly up or down from teh prior year), I end up on the wrong side of it. Lines like that make me believe that Vegas occasionally takes a naked position on one team. Hopefully it's just a bunch of crazy Bammer fans loading up on Bama and pushing the line out of whack, but I'm not going to lie, that makes me nervous as hell.

ShotgunDawg
11-12-2014, 09:25 AM
That line makes me nervous as hell. Almost every time I see a line that looks ridiculous like that (other than some early season matchups where the general gambling public doesn't realize a team is significantly up or down from teh prior year), I end up on the wrong side of it. Lines like that make me believe that Vegas occasionally takes a naked position on one team. Hopefully it's just a bunch of crazy Bammer fans loading up on Bama and pushing the line out of whack, but I'm not going to lie, that makes me nervous as hell.

LSU was a 10 point favorite over us earlier this year.

Covercorner2
11-12-2014, 09:29 AM
Alabama has been favored in 64 straight games. The public loves them so much that they would probably be favored against the Jaguars. Nothing to see here....

Johnson85
11-12-2014, 09:33 AM
LSU was a 10 point favorite over us earlier this year.

Nobody knew who we or LSU was at that point. Much more nervous about this line.

dawgpound
11-12-2014, 09:34 AM
Once again the line isn't who Vegas thinks will win. The line is made to try to get equal money on each side, this insures they will make money. They do not want everyone loading up on one side. The national perception is that Alabama will win so in order to get money on our side, they had to make it a big line. Anyone who watches state knows that at the least we will be within 8.5

Covercorner2
11-12-2014, 09:39 AM
Once again the line isn't who Vegas thinks will win. The line is made to try to get equal money on each side, this insures they will make money. They do not want everyone loading up on one side. The national perception is that Alabama will win so in order to get money on our side, they had to make it a big line. Anyone who watches state knows that at the least we will be within 8.5

This. If Vegas made the line, say, -2, then 90% of the money would be on Bama because they are the public's number one team and everyone thinks they are awesome. But that would also leave Vegas with a huge exposure if they were to actually cover. The 7-8.5 line ensures that there is close to equal money on both sides, it is not an indicator of what the actual score will be....

RougeDawg
11-12-2014, 11:47 AM
Hmmm, maybe Bama has played better at home this year becsuse the best teams they have played in 2014, have been on the road??? Just a thought. The best team they've played at home is the dumpster fire Sumlins who we also drubbed at home. They've yet to Play the two best teams on their schedule, and both will be at home.

I seen it dawg
11-12-2014, 12:16 PM
State. Moneyline. Book it.

ScoobaDawg
11-12-2014, 12:33 PM
State. Moneyline. Book it.

Exactly. Ill take MSU +270. Thank you.