PDA

View Full Version : Jones's move to DE....

Leroy Jenkins
11-11-2014, 02:52 PM
Against bama of old, I would say its a great idea. Against the new 45-throws-a-game bama, I'm more like, meh whatever. Guess we will see.

Westdawg
11-11-2014, 02:59 PM
where did you hear this? not at all trying to say it's not true, merely curious.

IF this IS TRUE, then that tells us one MAJOR thing about the DTs - that the staff believes they can get major disruption with all the others and also put their best on the field at the same time. imagine Eulls/James at the 0/1 tech, a steady diet of PJ/Adams/Virges at the 3 tech.....and THEN you have Chris and preston being spelled by AJ and Ryan. Throw in a little Torey Dale for fun......... that is a nasty blend of PSYCHO there !

Jack Lambert
11-11-2014, 03:01 PM
We might be going with a Nose Guard this week. Isn't their Center a Freshman or somethings up with him?

Covercorner2
11-11-2014, 03:02 PM
http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Article/MSUs-Chris-Jones-talks-of-position-change-recent-productivity-32833718

RichardHarrow
11-11-2014, 03:03 PM
Great article about it on 24/7

http://mississippistate.247sports.com/Article/MSUs-Chris-Jones-talks-of-position-change-recent-productivity-32833718

Political Hack
11-11-2014, 03:15 PM
we're going to get pressure with 4 every time they drop back to pass. We have to play Tampa 2 a lot. Makes a lot of sense to me.

Homedawg
11-11-2014, 03:34 PM
I
where did you hear this? not at all trying to say it's not true, merely curious.

IF this IS TRUE, then that tells us one MAJOR thing about the DTs - that the staff believes they can get major disruption with all the others and also put their best on the field at the same time. imagine Eulls/James at the 0/1 tech, a steady diet of PJ/Adams/Virges at the 3 tech.....and THEN you have Chris and preston being spelled by AJ and Ryan. Throw in a little Torey Dale for fun......... that is a nasty blend of PSYCHO there !
Jones has played de for the last 2 games I know. Might have even played there against kentucky. And no, I'm not talking about when we go to 3 down lineman. He moved to de and adams has been playing dt.

Ifyouonlyknew
11-11-2014, 03:35 PM
It started with the Kentucky game. He's played it the last 3 games.

Homedawg
11-11-2014, 03:37 PM
We might be going with a Nose Guard this week. Isn't their Center a Freshman or somethings up with him?

There center is a so. He was hurt but played last week against Lsu.

msstate7
11-11-2014, 03:38 PM

I thought the sack at the end of ark game that CJ was inside.

Homedawg
11-11-2014, 03:38 PM

I couldn't remember which one but I knew it was 2 or 3 games.

Jack Lambert
11-11-2014, 03:42 PM
so what you really telling me that there is some Offensive tackle at Bama doing back flips of joy? I bet the bama boards will be lite up over the move but thinking we have injuries or something.

thf24
11-11-2014, 03:56 PM
I thought the sack at the end of ark game that CJ was inside.

He seems to be moving around a lot. I definitely noticed him outside for most of the last two games, but saw him inside a few times too. He was definitely outside on the 4th and 15 play when he was denied a sure, game-ending sack by way of an egregious uncalled hold.

HoopsDawg
11-11-2014, 04:30 PM
I wish the staff would rotate 3 DE's instead of 4. Start Preston and Ryan Brown and spot play Jefferson to rest them one at a time. But the staff is committed to having 2 deep at every position. Chris Jones is a better DE than Adams so CJ has been moved to DE while Adams has been moved inside to stay true to our 1A/1B formula.

Schultzy
11-11-2014, 07:13 PM
He's been outside a good bit lately and winning/ putting pressure on the qb.

Todd4State
11-12-2014, 12:55 AM
I LOVE Chris Jones at DE. I know that he is big for a DE, but he is also athletic enough and fast enough to handle it. I think he has the ability to be an elite pass rusher and him being on the inside I think limits what he can do in terms of sacking the QB. Even though he is a great DT too.

And I'm pretty sure that when Chris got the sack against Arkansas he was playing DE.