PDA

View Full Version : Jameis Winston Point Shaving Screen Shots

It_Could_Happen
11-11-2014, 01:35 PM
http://dystnow.com/2014/11/10/conversations-between-jameis-winston-and-chris-rabb

Just saw this today. Wanted to see what you guys think. How valid do you think it is?

bulldogsmsu
11-11-2014, 01:43 PM
http://dystnow.com/2014/11/10/conversations-between-jameis-winston-and-chris-rabb

Just saw this today. Wanted to see what you guys think. How valid do you think it is?

Is anyone else just sick of hearing about that idiot? He continues to get in the media for all the wrong reasons. He just can't see the big picture. I don't know if he can help from self destructing. I would never draft that head case, what a distraction.

missouridawg

Just saw this today. Wanted to see what you guys think. How valid do you think it is?\

Color me thoroughly skeptical that those are actual screenshots from a conversation that Winston had.

starkvegasdawg
Valid or not, the fact that his name keeps coming up in all of these negative incidents is enough to convict him in the court of public opinion. If this gets any more traction what little life his heisman chances had are gone and FSU will be one of the most hated programs in the country.

Political Hack
11-11-2014, 01:53 PM
they're risking a HUGE liable suit if those shots are faked. HUGE.

BulldogDX55
11-11-2014, 02:09 PM
they're risking a HUGE liable suit if those shots are faked. HUGE.

Agreed. The only way they could get twitter DM screenshots (short of a subpoena to twitter) would be if Jameis or the dude he was talking to coughed them up. Jameis obviously wouldn't, the other guy likely wouldn't because that would get him charged with whatever the charge is for rigging athletic events (racketeering maybe?), and the only other way would be if someone hacked him, which is also highly illegal.

While I do not doubt that Jameis would be involved in something like this because the guy is bulletproof at this point, there is no way this is real.

Tbonewannabe
11-11-2014, 02:23 PM
Agreed. The only way they could get twitter DM screenshots (short of a subpoena to twitter) would be if Jameis or the dude he was talking to coughed them up. Jameis obviously wouldn't, the other guy likely wouldn't because that would get him charged with whatever the charge is for rigging athletic events (racketeering maybe?), and the only other way would be if someone hacked him, which is also highly illegal.

While I do not doubt that Jameis would be involved in something like this because the guy is bulletproof at this point, there is no way this is real.

It said in the article that jameis's friend was using someone else's computer. Nothing illegal about it. The guy just sold the info that was on his own computer.

jumbo
11-11-2014, 02:27 PM

there's plenty of websites out there that let you build fake screenshots of all these things. iphone texts, facebook posts, twitter mentions. not saying these are real or fake, just that it would be a lot easier to fake then you think

quickstrike2
11-11-2014, 02:32 PM
there's plenty of websites out there that let you build fake screenshots of all these things. iphone texts, facebook posts, twitter mentions. not saying these are real or fake, just that it would be a lot easier to fake then you think

I agree. Not that I don't think its impossible that these are real, just think that is probably a fake.

Tbonewannabe
11-11-2014, 02:33 PM

I don't know why you would create fake tweets. Some hits on your website would not make up for the possible lawsuit from FSU and Winston. Risk far outweighs the rewards.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-11-2014, 02:44 PM
Not really commenting on if they are real or fake, but here is my take:

First of all, If Jameis and this other guy are openly talking about fixing games on Twitter, and not using any kind of code, Jameis really is one of the dumbest people that I have ever seen.

Second, if these are real, Jameis doesn't need to worry about the NCAA. He needs to worry about the FBI. Point shaving is something that the feds will get involved on if they have reason to believe that this is real, and they certainly have the power to subpoena Twitter.

This brings even more negative light on Jameis, Jimbo and FSU. Nothing has happened yet, but rest assure that feds are keeping an eye on this situation.

thf24
11-11-2014, 02:50 PM
First of all, If Jameis and this other guy are openly talking about fixing games on Twitter, and not using any kind of code, Jameis really is one of the dumbest people that I have ever seen.

The supposed messages are through the private channel, not viewable by anyone except those logged in to either of the two accounts. Still not secure by any means, but they're not out in the open for everyone to see.

THE Bruce Dickinson
11-11-2014, 03:02 PM
Right. I wasn't very clear on that. I knew they were private messaging each other, but still like you said it's Not secure at all. If these are real then they could at least try to disguise the contents a little.

RIdog
11-11-2014, 03:07 PM
These clowns cannot be this stupid ! Or can they ? ? ?

Chip
11-11-2014, 03:12 PM
Second, if these are real, Jameis doesn't need to worry about the NCAA. He needs to worry about the FBI. Point shaving is something that the feds will get involved on if they have reason to believe that this is real, and they certainly have the power to subpoena Twitter.

Definitely. I would imagine that even the rumor of point shaving by a high profile quarterback on a high profile team would have started an FBI investigation. That's a whole new level of scrutiny and investigation than the NCAA. If there's any fire to this smoke, they have the absolute ability to find out if there's anything there.

DudyDawg
11-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Jameis has proven to be this stupid by yelling that stuff on campus and then dressing after being suspending. Oh, and raping that chick. I wouldn't put anything past his dumb ass

Political Hack
11-11-2014, 05:38 PM
twitter DMs were allegedly used a lot by OM coaches in recruiting so they didn't have to abide by the 1 contact a week rule. probably pretty common practice, unless you have an over zealous compliance department that frowns on exploiting the grey areas even when everyone else is doing it.

point being, these kids are probably used to using that as a secure channel from their recruitment... pretty dumb.

Mutt the Hoople
11-11-2014, 06:02 PM
Jameis prolly thinks it's nothing, but shaving points on games is "Permanent Lifetime Ban" territory. The 1919 Chicago White Sox had 7 players permanently banned from the game...and most of them didn't throw the game as such, but knew about the plot and didn't tell anybody about it.

In the 1950's, several college basketball players got banned for life for poiint shaving. In 1980, Boston college players got banned for point shaving, after one of them got too deep into debt with the mob.

If this is true, it shows that Jameis is just straight flat-out thuggin'.

Quaoarsking
11-11-2014, 07:15 PM
Only if Dystnow did the fake though. If some third party faked the Tweets and passed them on to Dystnow, it wouldn't be libel if Dystnow didn't know they were fake.

I also lean toward these being fake just because I can't believe Jameis and his buddy would be this stupid and brazen about it.

Tbonewannabe
11-11-2014, 08:11 PM
Only if Dystnow did the fake though. If some third party faked the Tweets and passed them on to Dystnow, it wouldn't be libel if Dystnow didn't know they were fake.

I also lean toward these being fake just because I can't believe Jameis and his buddy would be this stupid and brazen about it.

We are talking about the guy that got away with not being investigated for rape and then later stands on a table yelling "**** her in the *****" at the top of his lungs for like 30 minutes. The guy pretty much has to be caught with a live boy or dead girl to have anything done to him.

smootness
11-11-2014, 08:14 PM
His Heisman chances are already at 0%. To win a second Heisman, you have to be so clearly ahead of everyone else that they can't vote for anybody else. That obviously won't be the case no matter what Jameis does from here on out; he's already completely out of that conversation.

And I definitely do not believe he shaved points in that game.

DLGDawg
11-11-2014, 08:38 PM
\

Color me thoroughly skeptical that those are actual screenshots from a conversation that Winston had.

I pose this a question....but if the guy says he got it off of his computer because Rabb didn't sign out.....wouldn't whether or not the screen shots were real or fake be easily confirmed or debunked by the FBI??? Just get the computer where the screen shots came from.
Call Penelope from Criminal Minds. She'll get to the bottom of it quick. lol