PDA

View Full Version : If we win the toss Saturday do you kick or defer?

starkvegasdawg
11-11-2014, 11:36 AM
I want to say defer. Being able to get a stop on defense first to me would be huge, and if we could follow that with a methodical drive to put points on the board that would be just the kind of start we need.

RossDawg82
11-11-2014, 11:38 AM
Defer. I want our Defense to throw the first punch Saturday. A nice 3 and out or turnover to start the game. Then we drive it down and score.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2014, 11:40 AM
Defer. Let our defense set the tone.

If we do defer though, Kiffin loves to makes a statement on the first play of the game with Cooper. Have to cover him up.

drunkernhelldawg
11-11-2014, 11:43 AM
By the book defer. That's why I take the ball. Bama wants its usual defensive struggle. Not playing their game. Let them try to answer our opening drive td.

Sometimes you have to ignore the book. LSU made a huge error choosing d on the ot last sat. By the book you always go d so you know what you have to do, but this was just after Bama had driven on them for the first time in the game. I know their coaches must've felt the error of their choice. They should have trusted their instincts and taken the damn ball first. That book may give the coach cover, but it don't count as a w.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2014, 11:45 AM
By the book defer. That's why I take the ball. Bama wants its usual defensive struggle. Not playing their game. Let them try to answer our opening drive td.

Sometimes you have to ignore the book. LSU made a huge error choosing d on the ot last sat. By the book you always go d so you know what you have to do, but this was just after Bama had driven on them for the first time in the game. I know their coaches must've felt the error of their choice. They should have trusted their instincts and taken the damn ball first. That book may give the coach cover, but it don't count as a w.

I don't want us to over think things.

You always play defense first in overtime because you get an extra down by knowing you have to go for it on 4th down if the other team scores a TD.

I disagree with you. Bama will come out pumped up. The LSU game will take it's toll if we survive the 1st quarter

Jack Lambert
11-11-2014, 11:48 AM
This past Saturday is the first time we did not defer. I think it was mullen wanting to get a lead quick so he could rest starters sooners. This Saturday we defer.

TrapGame
11-11-2014, 11:52 AM
Defer. Then unleash the Psycho Defense on Simms. If we get a quick out on D then light them up with a TD drive it's going to get very quiet in BDS. It will be a lot like the LSU game.

bluelightstar
11-11-2014, 11:59 AM
Defer. Then unleash the Psycho Defense on Simms. If we get a quick out on D then light them up with a TD drive it's going to get very quiet in BDS. It will be a lot like the LSU game.

I think that 99-yard drive to go up 14-0 on LSU has been my favorite drive of the year. 2 yards, 26 yards, 23 yards, 44 yards, and 3yds+TD.

That's when those fans went quiet until the fumble return. It was complete shock and awe.

Political Hack
11-11-2014, 12:04 PM
defer. we win the 2nd half, we win the game.

drunkernhelldawg
11-11-2014, 12:15 PM
I think we probably will defer. I hate to say it, but I have a bad feeling about it. Either way though, the game will not be won or lost on the coin toss.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2014, 12:17 PM
I think we probably will defer. I hate to say it, but I have a bad feeling about it. Either way though, the game will not be won or lost on the coin toss.

Goat, is this you?

drunkernhelldawg
11-11-2014, 12:38 PM
Goat, is this you?

I'm more a dog than a goat. Ask my wife.

DanDority
11-11-2014, 03:18 PM
If we win the toss Saturday do you kick or defer?

I pray we do not come out and say we want to kick! Damn, I will never forget when we did this years ago. I can't remember the year but we kicked to start the game and kicked to start the second half as well.