PDA

View Full Version : WOW, Brad Edwards is certainly a Bama grad

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2014, 10:54 AM
I have a ton of respect for Brad Edwards as an analysts, but what I just heard on Bo Bounds is the most biased, naive, Bama homer interview I've seen about this game.

1. He thinks all of Bama's problems are based on playing on road, and not who they have played at home.

2. He thinks Bama wins big, without any real reasons as to why Bama would win big, while also listing numerous ways that MSU could win. Made no sense.

3. His tone is the entire interview sounded like a homer fan that was trying to stay objective, but just didn't have it in him.

4. There was a tone of "wishful thinking" "Bama is revitalized" quotes in the interview that really lacked any objectivity.

I'm sure you guys can list more, but that is the worst interview I've ever heard with him. Again, I have tremendous respect for Brad Edwards and consider him one of ESPN best of brightest, but that was poor.

I have heard a few analysts say we will win this week, and a few say we won't, but Edwards is first to say that he thinks Bama wins in a blowout when there is absolutely no evidence to back that. It's almost like Edwards was breaking down past Bama teams and not this one.

Jack Lambert
11-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Bo shouldn't have alumni from the school on his show when a school from Mississippi is playing that school. I know he is from Mississippi but he chose to leave Mississippi to go to college which is ok and I know Bo has him on his show a lot but in the week we play Bama we need someone who will be unbiased.

Reason2succeed
11-11-2014, 11:07 AM
The media is doing what the media does: creating a story. Let's be honest, to the casual CFB fan Bama is the draw for this game. They are the big named storied program. So, it will be Bama that generates more of the TV ratings. I can admit that. But on Sunday morning when State blows the doors off of Bama the media will be able to do what the loves to do more than anything else: crown Cinderella and place the slipper on our feet. Once the underdog takes down Goliath they can write about our magical season again and our Heisman trophy winning QB. But it is all predicated on Bama being all that everyone expects Bama to be. So, I hate hearing it but I understand that it's all going to change on Saturday night.

ShotgunDawg
11-11-2014, 11:10 AM
The media is doing what the media does: creating a story. Let's be honest, to the casual CFB fan Bama is the draw for this game. They are the big named storied program. So, it will be Bama that generates more of the TV ratings. I can admit that. But on Sunday morning when State blows the doors off of Bama the media will be able to do what the loves to do more than anything else: crown Cinderella and place the slipper on our feet. Once the underdog takes down Goliath they can write about our magical season again and our Heisman trophy winning QB. But it is all predicated on Bama being all that everyone expects Bama to be. So, I hate hearing it but I understand that it's all going to change on Saturday night.

I agree, but most every analyst I've heard this week has been fairly objective about this game and a few have picked us. Edwards is the first analyst that has said Bama will win big without any evidence or reasons as to why; and IMO Bama being at home isn't a real reason.

I think many analysts are still struggling to take this MSU team seriously, due to past performances at Bryant Denny. I think many analysts still have 2012 stuck in their minds and have no real understanding of how much better this team is and how much worse Bama is. Again, they are just analyzing the name on the front of the jerseys and not the actual teams.

Reason2succeed
11-11-2014, 11:16 AM
Maybe I missed it but I haven't heard anyone really "analyze" the game. All I hear is remnants of their legacy. They have beaten us 19 times is bds. I guess that means that mike dubose, Dennis franchione, Shula are still on the sidelines too.

codeDawg
11-11-2014, 11:24 AM

Exactly. You don't get any street cred for picking MSU in this one. There is a huge national Bama audience drooling over the opportunity to take down #1 at home. Expect a few of the "Shock" guys to pick MSU late in the week to get the gumps all fired up, but most everyone is going to pick Bama.

At the end of the day, we are statistically very similar teams. Our offense is slightly better per play, and their defense is slightly better per play. I think our offense is still vastly underrated coming into this game because we have been playing with the lead for most of the season.

codeDawg
11-11-2014, 11:25 AM
Maybe I missed it but I haven't heard anyone really "analyze" the game. All I hear is remnants of their legacy. They have beaten us 19 times is bds. I guess that means that mike dubose, Dennis franchione, Shula are still on the sidelines too.

It was the exact same thing at LSU.

basedog
11-11-2014, 01:23 PM
It's all about the past to the media, we don't have the 2nd longest winning streak because of the past and luck, we have talent and I think we are the better team! We shall see, I ain't listening to the media, I'm watching and listening to what this team is saying about the Bama game and I like what Mullen and players are saying!

engie
11-11-2014, 01:43 PM
It's all about the past to the media
Using the past to predict the future is why they are the media and not making their living in Vegas.

I seen it dawg
11-11-2014, 04:34 PM

Mfn right we are.