PDA

View Full Version : Saban describes our D perfectly

Coach34
11-11-2014, 10:44 AM
"They've been ahead a lot of their games and the other teams have passed the ball on them alot. That doesn't mean that they have an issue in pass defense. It just means that they have really have had to play against a lot of passes"

Saban has been dead honest this week so far in talking about us

Reason2succeed
11-11-2014, 10:54 AM
Is it me or does it seem like he is trying to tamper down expectations? He's been doing it all year especially after the Arky game. It's like he knows this isn't his best team by far. Too bad the media has already proclaimed them the NC?

bluelightstar
11-11-2014, 10:59 AM
Is it me or does it seem like he is trying to tamper down expectations? He's been doing it all year especially after the Arky game. It's like he knows this isn't his best team by far. Too bad the media has already proclaimed them the NC?

I think Saban is always like this. His quote last year about State being "the best 4-5 team in the country" comes to mind.

SignalToNoise
11-11-2014, 11:00 AM

It's just you. I've never known him to come in to a press conference and say "We are going to whip their ass because they suck." Even the 2012 team, which I'm sure he knew was a fraud, he said things like this.

Reason2succeed
11-11-2014, 11:13 AM
It's just you. I've never known him to come in to a press conference and say "We are going to whip their ass because they suck." Even the 2012 team, which I'm sure he knew was a fraud, he said things like this.

Okay. I really don't listen to him very often. I try to avoid the Bama overload that ESPN force feeds us anyway.

engie
11-11-2014, 11:21 AM
Saban has been dead honest this week so far in talking about us

Saban prettymuch always is in interviews IMO. He always gives a couple of good, well-thought-out nuggets that show his actual preparation for the team he's playing.