PDA

View Full Version : Collins 1st big test Saturday

Coach34
11-11-2014, 10:35 AM
Kiffin is a good play designer and will probably have a good 1st drive set up. Being at home, I look for Bama to take a shot early to try and steal the early momentum to get that crowd pounding us.

We have to be as prepared on D as possible early in that game to keep them from stealing an early 7 points off of film study and play design to get a cheapee

Reason2succeed
11-11-2014, 10:42 AM
A&M, LSU, and Auburn weren't big tests? He passed all of them but they were big tests.

I think if we come out and play good complimentary football where the offense helps the defense, vice versa and ST helps the everybody we will win big.

Coach34
11-11-2014, 10:46 AM
I'm talking first big test of Saturday's game. A&M coming out and scoring on the 1st drive wasn't a big deal- they don't play D. We have to avoid early points Saturday

codeDawg
11-11-2014, 10:48 AM
Kiffin is a good play designer and will probably have a good 1st drive set up. Being at home, I look for Bama to take a shot early to try and steal the early momentum to get that crowd pounding us.

We have to be as prepared on D as possible early in that game to keep them from stealing an early 7 points off of film study and play design to get a cheapee

No doubt they are going to prod us with Cooper early. That across the formation motion they do to get Cooper open in the flat has to be defended Saturday. I would love to see us run the same play with Myles.

Brahmabull
11-11-2014, 10:51 AM
No Doubt!! We need to get a lead and roll with it. Must be up 10 going into 4th quarter.

Reason2succeed
11-11-2014, 10:51 AM
I'm talking first big test of Saturday's game. A&M coming out and scoring on the 1st drive wasn't a big deal- they don't play D. We have to avoid early points Saturday

Gotcha!

bluelightstar
11-11-2014, 10:55 AM
Really wouldn't be surprised to see Kiffin try to get Cooper matched up against Love. Not that Jamerson Love is a poor player or anything, but seems like even though he's in position, he still misplays deep balls more than you'd like to see.

First drive will definitely be key.

Bully041184
11-11-2014, 11:21 AM
I agree on setting the tone early on defense. This type of game will have to be set by the defense in my mind so if we win the coin toss we should elect to receive in the second half.

TaleofTwoDogs
11-11-2014, 11:53 AM

Agreed, but we need to avoid the quick strike first possession points too. To set the tone, we need our D to spin a three and out and then our O to mount a long sustained drive ending with a TD to start the game. Have seen way to many games where a quick TD causes the scoring team to take the foot off the gas and gets rolled as a result. Momentum will be huge this Saturday. Our guys need to have their heads on right as much as their pads.

Jack Lambert
11-11-2014, 12:03 PM
I think they are going to throw 5 to 10 yards slant passes to Cooper hoping he can make something out of it. I don't they will have enough time for sims to throw deep down field.

RBritt
11-11-2014, 12:41 PM
Would love to see BMac decleat Cooper on a slant.

Coach 57
11-11-2014, 02:15 PM
Actually their offense isn't THAT complex or complexly designed. It's based off of presnap reads from the sideline because Sims still can't read a defense. It starts with a look to the corners (Sims can do this), if they are off and playing straight up technique or outside tech he checks to the slant. If they are tight/press in the look he gives motion to see if it's man or zone. Now if it's man, and we are in a base set as soon as the slot rums & Wells opens his hips to cover....we are in trouble. Because then it's up to BMac to spot what Sims' doing while dropping too.

The way to defend them is to occupy the blockers and for our DEs to STAY AT HOME! Do not pinch! Make Sims beat you from the pocket. We are going to HAVE to disguise our looks too. Maybe run some combo coverages to confuse Sims. You can drop, slant the DL & have Preston cover the flats in a zone. Confusing him will be the key to beating them. He WILL turn the ball over. This is one game where Richie, Benny & Wells' play WILL BE VITAL because they can cover more grass in a quicker span of time than Christian or BMac. I see Benny showing out in the game as well as Malcolm & DeRunnya. They are former Bama kids heading home. But Benny will come to play like last year. Very much like Titus used to get up for Bama more than other teams.

I would use Christian sparingly in this game unless it's a short yardage down & distance. I love him to death but they are going to expose our MLBs unless we disguise our looks better. It will be vital!

AlSwearengen
11-11-2014, 03:26 PM
Joey Galloway (yeah, I know) was saying yesterday that we need to make bama go on long drives and give Blake Simms the opportunity to make mistakes.

RougeDawg
11-11-2014, 03:47 PM
I believe coach means for Landon Collins. He's the only Collins that will be tested for the first time Saturday!!