PDA

View Full Version : Re-Watched UPig

codeDawg
11-11-2014, 09:48 AM
I didn't realize how much of the problems in that game were self inflicted and unnecessary. Here are the drives and their killers:

1. Bad throw intercepted by Dak (Score 0-3)
2. Started on the 8, couldn't get it going (0-3)
3. Unsportsmanlike conduct on M Johnson take us from the UPig 33 back to 2nd and 27 on the 48. Punt. (0-3)
4. Punt fumbled by Graham (0-3)
4. Finally a TD (7-10)
5. Dak interception (I think he was hit on that throw) (7-10)
6. End of half (7-10)
7. Wally catches a ball to make it 2nd and 3, but lined up wrong and now it's 2nd and 13 at the UPig 34. Can't get it going. Turn over on downs. (7-10)
8. Day gets an Ineligible Receiver call to make it 1st and 15 at the UPig 30. Ultimately we get the field goal. (10-10)
9. Bear lines up offsides making it 2nd and 12, but Dak heaves a long one to Ross for the TD (17-10)
10. Beckwith has a false start, but JRob bails us out. We run the clock and punt.
11. Victory formation.

So in the first half we have a score, a short field, 2 interceptions, and a fumble. Second half we have a long TD, a field goal b/c of a penalty, a penalty drive killer, and a few end of game clock management drives.

Captain obvious says, we have to have our heads in the game better than that this week. You have to make the most out of every possession against Arkansas since you don't get many of them. Bama won't be any easier on the road.

The Hogs are going to beat UM. They rely on big plays too much to make it through that game.

Covercorner2
11-11-2014, 09:58 AM
I hope they do, and think they can beat UM. The only problem is Arkansas plays LSU the week before and UM has a bye week the week before...

Political Hack
11-11-2014, 10:25 AM
I believe Walley stepped out of bounds on the route, but yes, we shot ourselves in the foot a lot that game. When you're only given the ball 2-3 times a quarter you can't blow 1-2 of them.

Maroonthirteen
11-11-2014, 01:33 PM
That is what concerns me. We played sloppy to start vs utm too. We can't make mistakes this weekend. Watching the old games vs Bama on YouTube, the recipe was always the same. Bama made few mistakes. We made more mistakes, penalties, turnovers, blocked kicks.....I had forgot we didn't allow them an offensive TD in 1991. Their lone TD was on a pick6 of a halfback pass. Geezzzzz.... We can't do that this weekend.

I know it is pointing out the obvious but if we run a tackle eligible for a TD, we better line up correctly. Goal line yards have never come easy in this rivalry.

codeDawg
11-11-2014, 01:49 PM
That is what concerns me. We played sloppy to start vs utm too. We can't make mistakes this weekend. Watching the old games vs Bama on YouTube, the recipe was always the same. Bama made few mistakes. We made more mistakes, penalties, turnovers, blocked kicks.....I had forgot we didn't allow them an offensive TD in 1991. Their lone TD was on a pick6 of a halfback pass. Geezzzzz.... We can't do that this weekend.

I know it is pointing out the obvious but if we run a tackle eligible for a TD, we better line up correctly. Goal line yards have never come easy in this rivalry.

TE play has not been ideal the past few weeks. The OL had better figure out how to communicate in a loud environment and the TE's better get their heads in the game.