PDA

View Full Version : Somebody needs to have a heart to heart reality talk with Cam Newton...

Coach34
11-10-2014, 09:50 PM
and tell him:

A) You can have a good NFL career by running the football and hitting some passes for big plays until your body breaks down after 5 years

B) You can struggle and be run out of the league by year 5 or 6 as a drop back passer.

SDDawg
11-10-2014, 09:52 PM
Gruden picking apart his mechanics, you can't make it in the NFL playing like it's a pick-up game. Cam's physical tools are great but it's clear he's not developing and really working on his game in the way he needs to.

BrunswickDawg
11-10-2014, 10:02 PM
This about sums it up:

Fake Bo Pelini (@FauxPelini)
11/10/14, 9:57 PM
Carolina has to be pissed that Auburn only paid Cam Newton $200,000 yet got a title out of it

CadaverDawg
11-10-2014, 10:26 PM
His fundamentals are totally gone. He's throwing off his back foot and off balance, throwing it up for grabs in double coverage....and not using his most valuable asset, his legs. Dude seems to be mentally out of it this year.

cbrunt29
11-10-2014, 10:32 PM
And he's on my fantasy team too. Dammit

Rayburn8
11-10-2014, 10:33 PM
To his defense this Carolina o-line is garbage. It is hard to have good mechanics when you have five guys in your face every play.

Rayburn8
11-10-2014, 10:40 PM
To his defense this Carolina o-line is garbage. It is hard to have good mechanics when you have five guys in your face every play.

Correction, the panthers o-line is far worse than garbage. It is the worst in the NFL. Cox was untouched on that play.

CadaverDawg
11-10-2014, 10:50 PM
Cam's body language is garbage too. Be a leader, man. Quit being a little bitch and lead your team. Make them better or just throw in the towel.

Bully13
11-10-2014, 10:50 PM
I enjoy watching Cam get his ass kicked. please remind me of why I feel this way.

I seen it dawg
11-10-2014, 11:45 PM
The guy sucks.

Mutt the Hoople
11-11-2014, 12:10 AM
Cam Leaf

War Machine Dawg
11-11-2014, 12:12 AM
Or maybe, just maybe, someone needs to have a heart to heart with the Panthers GM and tell him to get some damn linemen to block for Newton. It's not Newton's fault he's getting pummeled like a pi?ata. There were a bunch of times tonight the guys up front didn't lay a hand on anyone. Wouldn't hurt for them to get him a couple more WRs and a couple RBs who aren't way past their prime. Also, hard to blame Newton when the D is giving up 45 points.

Interesting stat: Carolina has never had back-to-back winning seasons. Don't know what that means, but it's gotta mean something.

mcain31
11-11-2014, 12:31 AM
Horrid OL + QB with Broken or Cracked ribs= Horrible offense

KB21
11-11-2014, 01:02 AM
Or maybe, just maybe, someone needs to have a heart to heart with the Panthers GM and tell him to get some damn linemen to block for Newton. It's not Newton's fault he's getting pummeled like a pi?ata. There were a bunch of times tonight the guys up front didn't lay a hand on anyone. Wouldn't hurt for them to get him a couple more WRs and a couple RBs who aren't way past their prime. Also, hard to blame Newton when the D is giving up 45 points.

Interesting stat: Carolina has never had back-to-back winning seasons. Don't know what that means, but it's gotta mean something.

Cam made some progress last year, but he's showing that he has not made enough progress. Yes, his OL is getting him killed. So much for the idea that a mobile quarterback helps offset poor blocking up front. Ask Ryan Tannehill last year about poor blocking up front.

With that said, Cam still isn't good enough at the nuances of playing the position to offset the protection. He's a quarterback that is limited as far as the passing game goes, and you have to scheme him to get him success in the passing game. Give him good blocking, and you can do it.

Reason2succeed
11-11-2014, 08:13 AM
Carolina let all the talent around Cam go during the off season. I am not a Cowboy fan but I believe that cam pulls a Lebron James and bails for the Cowboys at his earliest convenience.

shoeless joe
11-11-2014, 08:29 AM
Cam has always had terrible mechanics. He's always gotten away with just being a freakishly great athlete that can throw it around a little. Other teams have figured out ways to help neutralize him, combined with the lack of line talent and his true colors are shining thru...and those colors are and always have been a bright shiny shade of bitch.

LC Dawg
11-11-2014, 08:34 AM
Carolina let all the talent around Cam go during the off season. I am not a Cowboy fan but I believe that cam pulls a Lebron James and bails for the Cowboys at his earliest convenience.

Cecil has already contacted Jerry Jones about making this happen but Cam doesn't know anything about it.

Martianlander
11-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Character issue. Anyone surprised?

bluelightstar
11-11-2014, 09:49 AM
I think literally any QB would look terrible behind the O-line I watched last night. Good God, that was awful.

War Machine Dawg
11-11-2014, 11:03 AM
I think literally any QB would look terrible behind the O-line I watched last night. Good God, that was awful.

Yep, it was so bad I dropped Cam from my fantasy team and grabbed RG3. There's no way he'll have any success this year with that group in front of him and that WR corps minus Benjamin.