PDA

View Full Version : Two reasons this trip is different that the last time we went to bama

Leroy Jenkins
11-10-2014, 09:00 PM
The last time we went there undefeated we were spanked pretty good, 38-7. The main two differences I see are:

1. Dak is better than TR was, can keep plays alive.
2. Collins is better than Wilson, not giving up 38.

Man, that feels like a long time ago.

Those things combined with bama not being a dominant run team like they have been in the past has me feeling good. Sims threw 45 times @ LSU, WTF was that?

smootness
11-10-2014, 09:40 PM
1. We are WAY better than we were then.
2. Bama is not as good as they were then.
3. Instead of a decent QB who didn't fit the offense, we have the best player in the country at QB in the best offense in the country.

Coach34
11-10-2014, 09:55 PM
Most of our offensive linemen that play Saturday also played in the last one. 2 years makes a huge difference

BeardoMSU
11-10-2014, 11:03 PM
http://media.giphy.com/media/SlEapL9mx2Iq4/giphy.gif

HoopsDawg
11-10-2014, 11:21 PM
I think Dak actually scored the 7 points in that game. Someone tweeted that we have only scored 3 offensive TDs against Bama under Mullen. Is that right? I hope he has studied different ways to move the ball against this team.

justwin
11-11-2014, 12:23 AM
no, the biggest difference is we're actually going to play Josh Robinson this game. To remind you, Perkins was 15 for 38 yards and J-Rob was 1 for 15 yards that game. Also, Nick Griffin was 1 for 9 yards.

2012 went downhill b/c Mullen didn't use his big RBs properly...plain and simple.

Perk was 16 for 45 in the 2012 EB and 13 for 42 vs TXAM. He had something like 13 rushes vs Northwestern that went for 1 yard or less (negative) too. I'm still not convinced Mullen gets everything out of his big RBs.

The last time we went there undefeated we were spanked pretty good, 38-7. The main two differences I see are:

1. Dak is better than TR was, can keep plays alive.
2. Collins is better than Wilson, not giving up 38.

Man, that feels like a long time ago.

Those things combined with bama not being a dominant run team like they have been in the past has me feeling good. Sims threw 45 times @ LSU, WTF was that?

Todd4State
11-11-2014, 12:34 AM
no, the biggest difference is we're actually going to play Josh Robinson this game. To remind you, Perkins was 15 for 38 yards and J-Rob was 1 for 15 yards that game. Also, Nick Griffin was 1 for 9 yards.

2012 went downhill b/c Mullen didn't use his big RBs properly...plain and simple.

Perk was 16 for 45 in the 2012 EB and 13 for 42 vs TXAM. He had something like 13 rushes vs Northwestern that went for 1 yard or less (negative) too. I'm still not convinced Mullen gets everything out of his big RBs.

There were a lot of things that went wrong in 2012. On both sides of the ball. I think Dan learned a LOT that year.

FlabLoser
11-11-2014, 07:14 AM
We are light years better now at QB and also have a system that fits the QB. We are a lot better at RB. We are a lot better and a mile deeper at WR.

Our defense has about the same talent, but with a lot more depth. And Collins is a much better DC.

Jack Lambert
11-11-2014, 08:42 AM
Most of our offensive linemen that play Saturday also played in the last one. 2 years makes a huge difference

This is what I like the most about Saturday. They are going to pound on some Bamers.