PDA

View Full Version : Does being #1 give us a decent chance

starkvegasdawg
11-10-2014, 02:26 PM
Of getting an almost fair shake from the refs Saturday? Obviously we know they'll never get called for holding but aside from that how close to down the middle do you expect it to be?

BLITZII
11-10-2014, 02:27 PM
I think the refs will be fine. But, I would go into Tuscaloosa and take the game and not give them a chance to possibly miss a call.

jumbo
11-10-2014, 02:28 PM
It didn't help against Arkansas at home, so I doubt it will help against Bama on the road

TrapGame
11-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Funny, that's the same discussion I had with an LSU fan at work. She said with this historic run State has become the Cinderella/Sweetheart of college football and with Dak as a Heisman front runner the SEC will make sure the game is fair. It will be ours to win or lose.

maroonmania
11-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Don't look for a fair shake Satuday. Our best chance of getting a decent call would have been for Bama to have lost to LSU. NOW, the best way for the SEC to get 2 teams in the playoff (or at LEAST one) is for Bama to win this Saturday. So I expect the calls to reflect that. Had Bama lost to LSU we would have been the SEC's only hope to make the playoff so likely would have gotten all close calls to go our way.

justwin
11-10-2014, 04:26 PM
100%. Bama & Aub will ALWAYS have the refs in their pocket. Refs are predisposed to referee in those two teams favor.

I saw something in last week's Bama vs LSU game that I have never seen. In the 2Q, ref throws a flag near Saban and Saban tells the ref to pick it up and he sure enough did and ruled no penalty on the play. Never have I seen that. Never.

Also, watching the Bama/LSU & Aub/TXAM game, it became very obvious that Aub & Bama get 3+ "free" official reviews every game. Think about both of the Aub fumbles late and how meticulously they were reviewed. Think about the Yeldon fumble. Then, think about the long pass from Sims in the 4Q that wasn't even reviewed?

Don't look for a fair shake Satuday. Our best chance of getting a decent call would have been for Bama to have lost to LSU. NOW, the best way for the SEC to get 2 teams in the playoff (or at LEAST one) is for Bama to win this Saturday. So I expect the calls to reflect that. Had Bama lost to LSU we would have been the SEC's only hope to make the playoff so likely would have gotten all close calls to go our way.

Miss. Stake
11-10-2014, 04:36 PM
100%. Bama & Aub will ALWAYS have the refs in their pocket. Refs are predisposed to referee in those two teams favor.

I saw something in last week's Bama vs LSU game that I have never seen. In the 2Q, ref throws a flag near Saban and Saban tells the ref to pick it up and he sure enough did and ruled no penalty on the play. Never have I seen that. Never.

Also, watching the Bama/LSU & Aub/TXAM game, it became very obvious that Aub & Bama get 3+ "free" official reviews every game. Think about both of the Aub fumbles late and how meticulously they were reviewed. Think about the Yeldon fumble. Then, think about the long pass from Sims in the 4Q that wasn't even reviewed?

Couldn't believe that. That and the raping the Bama cb's put on the LSU WR's toward the end of the game were astounding no calls.

War Machine Dawg
11-10-2014, 08:48 PM
Hell no. One loss Bama wins the West if they beat us. And the game is in Tuscaloosa. If you don't think we'll be playing against 16, you're crazy. If we're going to win, we can't leave any doubt. Should it be a close game late, they WILL steal it with full approval from the suits in Birmingham.