PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys noticed that this week......

Jack Lambert
11-10-2014, 02:10 PM
We are having the same discussion on our boards , listening to the same sports writers and radios guys say the same thing about us, and reading the same thing on the other message board about us that we had when we played LSU, A&M and Auburn?

What's up with that?

I want this win more than any other win ever.

Reason2succeed
11-10-2014, 02:14 PM
Talking heads are doing their thing: pandering to the massive vocal fan bases, throwing objective evidence and reason out the window. I love it because on Saturday night we will see jaws dropped as the Bulldawgs stand victorious and essentially clinch the SEC West just like Dan Mullen said he would when he got here.

BulldogBear
11-10-2014, 02:17 PM
Yep, and what I love about it is that blowing us off and giving bulleting board matierial is the last thing Bama needs going into this game.

GTHOM
11-10-2014, 02:28 PM
Bo Bounds was rambling on this morning about how we couldnt do it cause of x,y,z too. said we are capable so thats a first for him. it was him earlier this year that gave us no chance vs LSU. i knew we would wax them and we will wax alabama too. i cant say i want this win more than any other ever, knowing what game is coming on the 29th and all

codeDawg
11-10-2014, 02:42 PM
The #1 thing to remember about sports journalism is that it isn't journalism at all. It's entertainment, so you've got three kinds of reporters: 1. Homers (every UM writer ever), 2. Sensationalists (Cowhurd), and 3. Bill Payers (everybody else + most MSU writers).

Homers just sunshine pump because they know their audience. Sensationalists pick the flashy, or at least the big name team to entertain their audience. Bill payers try to sound objective, while taking the safe pick.

None of these guys are going to pick MSU. We don't have homers. The sensationalists put Oregon at #1 this week, and the bill payers look at a hundred years of MSU and Bama and can't bring themselves to go out on a limb.

A win this week at least gets the bill payers.

LiterallyPolice
11-10-2014, 06:57 PM
I read this entire post thinking "Bill Payers" was the name of some journalist.

ETA: found him!
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/bill-payer/5/483/775?trk=pub-pbmap