PDA

View Full Version : A lot of tide hate on the board

msstate7
11-10-2014, 01:27 PM
How bad do you hate them? If you were guaranteed an auburn win in the iron bowl and you could only win 2 (vandy being 1), who you wanna beat more -- bama or OM?

To me this tough. I'll always hate OM more, but Dak gets heisman most likely with bama win

maroonmania
11-10-2014, 01:31 PM
How bad do you hate them? If you were guaranteed an auburn win in the iron bowl and you could only win 2 (vandy being 1), who you wanna beat more -- bama or OM?

To me this tough. I'll always hate OM more, but Dak gets heisman most likely with bama win

I think there is a lot of confidence in our team on this board, I'm not seeing a lot of Bama hate. Bammers don't bother me too much, I would probably put them below OM, LSU and Auburn on the hate scale at the moment. Yes, they are cocky and arrogant, but at least they have the hardware to back it up.

State82
11-10-2014, 01:32 PM
In that scenario I'm taking UM because losing to Bama wouldn't hurt too much with regard to ranking and we would still make Atlanta. Win that, we're back in the top 4.

Reason2succeed
11-10-2014, 01:33 PM
F*** the hypotethicals. I would bury both of their @$$&$. Hail State! (I bet Bama fans don't ask questions like this concerning State.)

msstate7
11-10-2014, 01:35 PM
F*** the hypotethicals. I would bury both of their @$$&$. Hail State! (I bet Bama fans don't ask questions like this concerning State.)

Didn't know the goal was to be like bama fans. My bad...

Jack Lambert
11-10-2014, 01:37 PM
I hate ole miss and Auburn way more. I will pull for Bama in Out of Confernce games but not Auburn and Ole miss.

ShotgunDawg
11-10-2014, 01:40 PM
I think there is a lot of confidence in our team on this board, I'm not seeing a lot of Bama hate. Bammers don't bother me too much, I would probably put them below OM, LSU and Auburn on the hate scale at the moment. Yes, they are cocky and arrogant, but at least they have the hardware to back it up.

I agree. I don't see much hate for Alabama. I see realistic confidence in our own team and the realization that Bama will have to play a hell of lot better than they did against LSU if they want to beat us.

msstate7
11-10-2014, 01:43 PM
I agree. I don't see much hate for Alabama. I see realistic confidence in our own team and the realization that Bama will have to play a hell of lot better than they did against LSU if they want to beat us.
Maybe I'm mistaking my hate towards bama to all my brethren here. I want em so bad I can hardly stand it ha

chef dixon
11-10-2014, 01:47 PM
Bama is actually my least hated team in the West. They show up and beat people's ass and don't really have that many unlikable players. I think the whole Bama fan joke train is beaten to death.

Besides Ole Miss, my least favorite teams in the West are Arkansas and Auburn.

Maroonthirteen
11-10-2014, 01:59 PM
I hate Alabama as much as OM. I never pull for either. The difference is, I have respect for OM fans. I'm from east ms. so my hate for Bama grew at an early age listening to all dumbass rednecks that couldn't spell Crimson if you spotted them the Crim....Not to mention I was there for the epic battles of 91-94 and 99. I'm ready for us to beat them with something on the line. so I vote give me the Bama win.

I'm still pissed about 94 and 99. 94 we whipped their ass for 3.5 quarters. Jay Barker was to good. bastard!!! 99, Freddie Milons.... still don't like him.

msstate7
11-10-2014, 02:01 PM
I hate Alabama as much as OM. I never pull for either. The difference is, I have respect for OM fans. I'm from east ms. so my hate for Bama grew at an early age listening to all dumbass rednecks that couldn't spell Crimson if you spotted them the Crim....Not to mention I was there for the epic battles of 91-94 and 99. I'm ready for us to beat them with something on the line. so I vote give me the Bama win.

I'm still pissed about 94 and 99. 94 we whipped their ass for 3.5 quarters. Jay Barker was to good. bastard!!! 99, Freddie Milons.... still don't like him.

How close were we to getting milons? I know chuck friend was a huge bama fan and his son was already there

BrunswickDawg
11-10-2014, 02:03 PM
I don't like Bama, and their fans are awful, but I don't hate them. I reserve hate for 1 team, and 1 team only, and they reside in Oxford.
That being said, I don't know if I have ever wanted a win this much since the '98 SEC game. I want to "shock the world" again. I want what it does for the program. I want what it will mean for this TEAM and this season.

dickiedawg
11-10-2014, 02:14 PM
I would take beating Alabama and losing to Ole Miss.

Losing the egg bowl would sting, but at the end of the day we'd be in Atlanta and still hold control of our own playoff fate.
Either scenario is good, but it would be a long-ass week HOPING Auburn would knock off Alabama for us.

As for most hated teams, Alabama and Ole Miss are 1a and 1b. It's really hard at times to say which is 1a and which is 1b.

LC Dawg
11-10-2014, 02:29 PM
Alabama fans are second only to Ole Miss fans to me as far as hatred. I've always hated them but my hatred has grown in the last few years. I went to the game over there two years ago and I could not get served at one restaurant and couldn't even get seated at another restaurant because I was wearing MSU gear. We got to the game early because I wanted to take in the atmosphere because I had never been to a game over there. We tried to strike up conversations with some of their fans at various tents and they would ignore us like we didn't even belong on their shitty campus in their shitty town. I just don't see how a group of people that share as many genes as they do can think they're better than anyone just because they decided they are fans of a good football team. I hate Ole Miss with a passion but no fan base deserves to lose football games more than the Bammers.

GTHOM
11-10-2014, 02:41 PM
Give me beating ole miss 10 out of 10 times

Maroonthirteen
11-10-2014, 02:48 PM
I recall Milon being Bama all the way. Maybe you know this but the GTR is a very pro Bama area. I would say 50/50 Dog to Gump ratio with OM way behind in fan numbers. Or at least it use to be that way.