PDA

View Full Version : 5 wr package

msstate7
11-10-2014, 12:22 PM
I think we should come out with 5 wr package right off the bat and run hurry up. I really think this is the best way to run with dak in this game. I think we can snag an early lead this way. Thoughts?

Jack Lambert
11-10-2014, 12:25 PM
If we do that then Robinson dual threat would be taken away. He can catch and run. We need Dak to have that option.

Miss. Stake
11-10-2014, 12:25 PM
our 5 wide package is lethal, but we have got to establish the run. We have to sustain drives and make first downs.

msstate7
11-10-2014, 12:26 PM
If we do that then Robinson dual threat would be taken away. He can catch and run. We need Dak to have that option.

We could motion him out and in. I guess rather than 5 wr's just line guys (Malcolm and jrob) up like wr's. Stretch them out and hit em inside with dak

Tripp McNeely
11-10-2014, 01:09 PM
Our recievers matchup better against their secondary than our O-line does against their front 7...I think we see a LOT of 4-5 reciever sets on saturday

spiritual_machine2005
11-10-2014, 01:26 PM
We could motion him out and in. I guess rather than 5 wr's just line guys (Malcolm and jrob) up like wr's. Stretch them out and hit em inside with dak

We did this at least once against Arky that I remember. JRob was split out wide.

dawgs
11-10-2014, 01:31 PM

Yep, come out with robinson in the slot and maybe Malcolm Johnson in a slot too, then we can motion them around as needed. Don't sub at all in that first drive and don't huddle so Bama can't get their proper personnel on the field or make adjustments.

AROB44
11-10-2014, 02:09 PM
Going to be VERY VERY difficult to run against Bama's front.

FlabLoser
11-10-2014, 02:11 PM
I like it when our 5 wide package is the same package as our base package. We line up like we always do, then the RB goes out wide.

If the defense leaves the middle of the field open, either Dak gashes them up the middle or we it a pass across the middle. If the defense cover the middle, we can throw to the outside. We are really lethal that way.

msstate7
11-10-2014, 02:28 PM

The last time bama saw a rushing like ours was auburn last year. Auburn gashed them for 296 which was 190 more than bama's defense gave up.

I know we're not just like auburn, but there's a lot of similarities. We both have dual threat qb's, no huddle, and are zone read based

GTHOM
11-10-2014, 02:30 PM
I agree I've put it on several threads, our 5 WR set will give them fits in this game. Put JRob out wide and motion him some to run the option. Just another threat bama will have to stop. I think we have too many for them, or anyone else to check all the boxes

cheewgumm
11-10-2014, 02:38 PM
If it is difficult
To run against their front 7, I'd use the short pass game to Robinson as runs.

FlabLoser
11-10-2014, 02:40 PM
Don't forget our throwback to the OT (which would have been legal if it were a backwards pass).

justwin
11-10-2014, 04:21 PM
No. We would've beat Bama in 2012 had Mullen played JRob with Tyler. Tyler proved throughout that game that he could complete passes. JRob or Griffin or even Shump are the key this week. We can beat Bama running the ball as our RBs can move the pile.

Crazy to think that JRob has avg 6+ yds his entire career, but he's just now getting the bulk of the carries.

I think we should come out with 5 wr package right off the bat and run hurry up. I really think this is the best way to run with dak in this game. I think we can snag an early lead this way. Thoughts?

smootness
11-10-2014, 07:11 PM

We will be able to run it on them. I don't think there's a team in the country better built to run it on a team like Bama than we are.