PDA

View Full Version : Mathematics of victory in Tuscaloosa - makes Vandy interesting

BulldogBear
11-10-2014, 10:52 AM
I got to analyzing the West this morning and here's the facts about a victory in Tuscaloosa:

If we win in Tuscaloosa, the only school that can go to ATL besides us, except for one scenario, is Ole Miss, and even then we would have to lose to Vanderbilt (as well as Bearsharks of course) and Ole Miss must win at Fayetteville. It also must be only a 2 way tie with us and the Bears.

We would win by H2H tie breaker in any two way (6-2) tie with Bama or Auburn. Only Ole Miss would have a 2 way tie breaker over us.

The only 3 way tie left possible if we win at Alabama is MSU/Auburn/Ole Miss or MSU/Alabama/Ole Miss all at 6-2.

A 3 way tie with Bama would send Rebs to ATL based on H2H tie breaker over both of us.

A 3 way tie with Auburn would send the Auburn to ATL if Tennessee beats KY this weekend and State if KY beats Tennessee. If Tennessee wins, we will have the weakest east division schedule and eliminated first, then Auburn would beat Ole Miss on H2H. If Cats win, Ole Miss would be eliminated first and then we would have H2H over Auburn.

So, we cannot stress of course how big a win in Tuscaloosa would be. If we win, we will only need one of the three following things to happen to clinch the West title:

Kentucky victory over Tennessee this weekend

MSU victory over Vandy (obviously this is the most likely and desirable if only one of the 3 occurs)

Arkansas victory over Ole Miss

again, only one of these would have to happen. Let's beat Bama and wrap the West in Maroon and White!

Will the announce Vandy KO today? I have a lot of plans to base on game time.

LiterallyPolice
11-10-2014, 11:04 AM
Good stuff.... Who would have thought KY/TN would ever matter to us...

One point though... The Kentucky over Tennessee only matters if we assume auburn wins out and stays at 2 losses, right? So if we win in TTown, Kentucky over TN helps... But I don't think it clinches.

Regardless... We will beat Vandy.

BulldogBear
11-10-2014, 11:11 AM
Good stuff.... Who would have thought KY/TN would ever matter to us...

One point though... The Kentucky over Tennessee only matters if we assume auburn wins out and stays at 2 losses, right? So if we win in TTown, Kentucky over TN helps... But I don't think it clinches.

Regardless... We will beat Vandy.

Right, Auburn has to win to stay in it. In any scenario, Alabama is eliminated with a loss to State. Think about that!

I think we will beat Bama and Vandy, so it won't matter. I also think we will beat Bama and Ole Miss will lose to Arkansas, so it won't matter. For that matter, I think we will beat Bama, Vandy, and Ole Miss, so it won't matter. Maroon koolaid tastes wonderful!!!

jumbo
11-10-2014, 11:14 AM
Will the announce Vandy KO today? I have a lot of plans to base on game time.

that's a pretty terrible week for the SEC. I imagine will get the 6pm ESPN slot. CBS likely takes OM/Arky

engie
11-10-2014, 11:14 AM
If we beat Bama, we are going to party like Houston Nutt is in Davis Wade when Vandy comes to town.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgMPRILiWhY